Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 04:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He's creating a huge mess and he hasn't even been inaugurated. I don't think he will run in four years but I do think these four years will feel like eight.
He can talk to whoever he wants.

The reds can pound sand.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:20 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Good point- the Pakistan snafu too....and so it begins....
Pissing off China is not exactly the same as pissing off BLM. There's already a lot bad blood between China and the U.S. as it is.

A Dangerous Superpower Showdown is Brewing: China vs. America in Asia | The National Interest Blog

This is why withdrawing from TPP is not a good thing. China will step in and fill the power vacuum in the region.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If we make it to 2020...
Safe spaces and play doh awaits.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:21 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,505 times
Quote:
Pissing off China is not exactly the same as pissing off BLM. There's already a lot bad blood between China and the U.S. as it is.

A Dangerous Superpower Showdown is Brewing: China vs. America in Asia | The National Interest Blog

This is why withdrawing from TPP is not a good thing. China will step in and fill the power vacuum in the region.
please don't let rational thought and long term strategic planning get in the way of a good tweet as backbone of foreign policy.....

Old 12-02-2016, 04:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Most people in this forum don't know anything about the "One China" policy. In their minds, these are "just words" like the rest of the garbage that comes out of Trump's mouth.
You're just going to have to deal with it. That's all I'm saying.

I have no dog in this fight as I'm apolitical.

But the fact remains Trump is who he is and never changed throughout the last 16 months. That's what his supporters wanted. He won. So there it is.

You can't argue with that from a philosophical approach. Why would he change now if he has won every round thus far against every opponent?

Old 12-02-2016, 04:22 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

But the fact remains Trump is who he is and never changed throughout the last 16 months. That's what his supporters wanted. He won. So there it is.

You can't argue with that from a philosophical approach. Why would he change now if he has won every round thus far against every opponent?
hopefully b/c it gets real now-its not jsut fun cheering and rallies....it's the presidency with nuclear implications involved....

Old 12-02-2016, 04:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
please don't let rational thought and long term strategic planning get in the way of a good tweet as backbone of foreign policy.....
I picture Trump supporters reacting in complete surprise when Trump is suddenly hiding in a bunker. "They thought he was doing such a good job!"

Old 12-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I want you to repeat these words, slowly, to yourself. And then ask yourself how you feel about a presidential candidate owing a substantial amount of money to Chinese lenders.
So? They demand repayment we just devalue the currency like they did. They will not be in a hurry to call that note in.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:26 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

No, Trump supporters are going to have to deal with it. This is the guy they chose in spite of all the warnings, even from Republicans. They own this 100% and they own ever mess Trump makes as does the Republican Party since there is no one to blame. Republicans will have no opposition, no checks, no balances, so this and everything else Trump does will 100% fall on Trump and the Republican party.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:26 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He's creating a huge mess and he hasn't even been inaugurated. I don't think he will run in four years but I do think these four years will feel like eight.
I think this four years may feel like 20!

How long before he gets us into a war or a real mess that affects the entire country? I can't even see him lasting a year without causing major harm.

This is like owning an auto dealership and hiring your best car salesman to be your top mechanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies