Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 07:40 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,543,963 times

Advertisements

Yes, this.

He hasn't even taken office yet, and it's already a train wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The wrecking ball!

Let's see:
Pissed off China
Upset the delicate balance of Pakistan/India
Used corporate welfare to be blackmailed by Carrier
Still butt-hurt by SNL
Put an anti-education person in charge of education
Put Goldman Sachs guy in charge of the economy
Ran solely on "Hillary Didn't follow Classified Protocol" as SoS, then considers Petrias for SoS

I could go on, but it's suffice to say that his coke-induced energy fit is not rolling the ball in the right direction.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:43 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
This is just the Honeymoon.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:49 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
His impetuousness is going to be a problem, especially given how many similar personalities are coming into power around the world right now. The older and more experienced I become, the more I realize that taking a deep breath and doing nothing is sometimes the best course of action in the midst of a crisis. That takes a mature sense of discernment, though, something it's becoming increasingly clear that Donald Trump lacks.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:57 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
This was all the State of Indiana and Pense. The state has been meeting with Carrier for months. It's a state deal. Trump didn't do crap.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:15 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,728,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
What's really interesting is the ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead sense of relief around the country. Holiday sales are rocking. Christmas decorations are going up earlier than I've ever seen. The stock market is booming and the dollar is strong. This country finally rose up and dumped the restrictive SJW noose that was strangling this country and it's economy. There'll be brush fires still, but the adults are back in charge.
I agree. I felt like a dark cloud had lifted when I found out she lost. There was not a single straw of optimism to grasp onto with Hilary. You couldn't even say she is less scary dealing with foreign leaders because she has proven that she sucks at that. The Middle East blew up under her leadership.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:17 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Good point, but all we've been hearing basically from all groups including the media is how bad Trump is doing.

So it's good to give a different perspective on it, which you won't get with those that have benefited as special interest groups that have financial stakes to lose such as the media and entertainment industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The wrecking ball!

Let's see:
Pissed off China
Upset the delicate balance of Pakistan/India
Used corporate welfare to be blackmailed by Carrier
Still butt-hurt by SNL
Put an anti-education person in charge of education
Put Goldman Sachs guy in charge of the economy
Ran solely on "Hillary Didn't follow Classified Protocol" as SoS, then considers Petrias for SoS

I could go on, but it's suffice to say that his coke-induced energy fit is not rolling the ball in the right direction.
Maybe because he IS doing badly Mikelee. Myghost's list is pretty good.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:52 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,646,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The guy has appointed a bunch of Goldman Sachs and George Soros big wigs in charge of the economy and the supporters cheer. Its absurd. These establishment swamp creatures dont care about salt of the earth Americans. When will Trump's supporters realize this? When their social security, medicaid and medicare is handed over to Wall Street?
they never will trump has a cult like following so he is immune to criticism.his followers will love him no matter what.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:01 AM

57,215 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
His impetuousness is going to be a problem, especially given how many similar personalities are coming into power around the world right now. The older and more experienced I become, the more I realize that taking a deep breath and doing nothing is sometimes the best course of action in the midst of a crisis. That takes a mature sense of discernment, though, something it's becoming increasingly clear that Donald Trump lacks.
Agree entirely, criticism comes easy solutions are more difficult. He should wait until he is in a position of responsibility before he gets into foreign affairs.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:28 AM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Must watch video on why Trump (or anyone who overthrows the liberals) is hopefully going to be awesome
Very scary what has happened to Europe and how close we were to becoming that -- let's pray Trump and/or his people watch this video and really gets it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9e_vc...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-06-2016, 11:47 AM

57,215 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Must watch video on why Trump (or anyone who overthrows the liberals) is hopefully going to be awesome
Very scary what has happened to Europe and how close we were to becoming that -- let's pray Trump and/or his people watch this video and really gets it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9e_vc...ature=youtu.be
Our situation is not close to Europe's problems but that is trumps selling point ....fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.