Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 04:31 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If Trump could end the entitlement mentality in this country that would be a great accomplishment .
Many people both rich and poor have this mentality that they are special snowflakes . Rich elite entitlement is as bad as those that think they are special because they can pop out children and have the taxpayers pay for it. This mentality has degraded this country.
Lol. The Trump family is the most entitled family in the US, and Trump is the most delicate snowflake. He can't handle anything. It would be like an alcoholic managing AA meetings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 04:32 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Bumper sticker slogans are all you've got. Learn to read and write and perhaps you'll be capable of stringing together something with real depth and analysis.
Insults are all you have . You'll only say people have "depth and analysis " once they agree with you .

Old 12-04-2016, 04:34 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Lol. The Trump family is the most entitled family in the US, and Trump is the most delicate snowflake. He can't handle anything. It would be like an alcoholic managing AA meetings.
He handled Clinton perfectly as he won the election. And the Trumps are extremely successful ... how is making your own way "entitled" ?

Old 12-04-2016, 04:34 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Actually it's a matter of I don't care what cache the mainstream press gives to the comedy show as a staple of popular culture.

Perhaps your problem is you care too much.
I care in so far as I see the mainstream press act like an echo chamber and to become the PR arm of a single party. But luckily I guess the vast majority don't care because they don't consider the mainstream press or SNL as culturally relevant, so I guess that's a good thing.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well complaining isn't going to change anything. SNL is not going to give right wing snowflakes a safe space. We are an extremely divided country and it will become more so, not less. Look at the title of this entire thread, created to malign, except the real snowflakes come out to say SNL was mean to them while Trump tempertweets; talk about entitlement.

Perfect!
So you're solution to the already marginalized country thanks to Trump is to further marginalize and outright demonize political opponents?

Old 12-04-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Liberals don't want to watch right wingers. They will turn the show off, so it would become a right winger show anyway. Liberals cannot be forced to watch State TV. They create their own markets and they buy from their own markets. Right wingers don't have to like it, they can create their own.

Including a conservative voice, even if it's a lone voice would alienate liberals? Even Fox News has liberals on. And how is it State TV to have voices that are critical of the current administration? I don't follow your logic but then again I just think you lack it to begin with.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:38 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
So you're solution to the already marginalized country thanks to Trump is to further marginalize and outright demonize political opponents?
There's a lot of that going on right now, but Trump is the result, not the cause.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:39 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I care in so far as I see the mainstream press act like an echo chamber and to become the PR arm of a single party.
So in addition to bringing popular culture to heel, we need to crack down on the media.

Quote:
But luckily I guess the vast majority don't care because they don't consider the mainstream press or SNL as culturally relevant, so I guess that's a good thing.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
There's a lot of that going on right now, but Trump is the result, not the cause.
Trump started his campaign with the assertion that the media is biased and doesn't care about the views of a huge chunk of the country. He just swatted the hornets nest. He brought up issues many Americans, whether you agree with them or not, were trying to get vocalized such as globalization/free trade, which was both an establishment Republican and Democrat, issue.

Towards the end of the election the gloves came off after Trump couldn't be shamed away with any amount of name calling, snarky hipster shaming humor and virtue signaling. Now the media has been exposed for being incredibly in the tent for Hillary and the Dems.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:42 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
He handled Clinton perfectly as he won the election. And the Trumps are extremely successful ... how is making your own way "entitled" ?
Stick to the topic. Now let's see, what is the definition of entitled? "Believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment." Trump, regardless of his successes, is an eternal victim. So how is someone with this mentality going to change the 'entitled' attitude of the country?

Again, it's like having an alcoholic managing AA meetings.

This is all a sick joke, it has to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies