Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:25 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some of the witnesses have said that McKnight was several feet from the shooter's car and saying, "I am sorry". But who knows what the official report will say.
One article mentioned that, but police said that was incorrect. Same with a report saying the shooter was out of the car when he fired. That was incorrect also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 12:32 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,423 times
Either it was self defense or it was not. It's not up to us to decide with no facts.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:58 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,327,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"Racism!! Racism!! Racism!! I don't know the facts, but I'm going to scream racism anyway."
Exactly. Why do all these black lives matter protests always start with absolute and utter lies. Michael brown was just a good kid walking down the street with his hands up , an absolute lie. Every one of these protests starts with some criminal, every one. Many of them violent criminals and on drugs?

This one is an athlete but this whole thing started with another absolute lie that he was shot while apologizing and on the ground? A complete lie

Why is it always the microscopically small white on black shootings that stir protests , between 90-93% of the murders of black males were at the hands of other black males but no protests ? only with the microscopic killing of black males by whites or the police.

Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years.

Old 12-06-2016, 02:27 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Exactly. Why do all these black lives matter protests always start with absolute and utter lies. Michael brown was just a good kid walking down the street with his hands up , an absolute lie. Every one of these protests starts with some criminal, every one. Many of them violent criminals and on drugs?

This one is an athlete but this whole thing started with another absolute lie that he was shot while apologizing and on the ground? A complete lie
This is a complete lie. This is not how it started. It started with someone shooting someone.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is a complete lie. This is not how it started. It started with someone shooting someone.
Did WWII start with us nuking Japan?

Old 12-06-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Did WWII start with us nuking Japan?
What exactly are you rambling about?

Old 12-06-2016, 03:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What exactly are you rambling about?
This incident didn't start with the shooting. It started with one or two dudes getting aggressive on the road and escalating from there until it climaxed with the shooting.

The only way it could have started with the shooting would be if the shooter just pulled up next to McKnight, without previous interaction, and shot him. That's not what happened. It started on the road earlier when someone got their panties in a wad.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
This incident didn't start with the shooting. It started with one or two dudes getting aggressive on the road and escalating from there until it climaxed with the shooting.
There would be no story without the shooting. All the same, your point is the same as mine. The story started before the stuff I replied to happened.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:54 AM

135 posts, read 93,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The events are fairly dissimilar to try to ignore all of the aspects of the two shootings and focus solely on the races involved is patently odd.

For starters, Will Smith was still in his car and was shot NINE times after being rammed by the other driver.

Secondly, the shooter in the mcKnight case is ex-police so it's likely if he's getting a break here that it's because of the color blue as much as anything.

If you stay in your car and wind up getting shot in a road-rage incident the other guy is pretty screwed unless you're doing something like shooting at him out your car window.

Do I have to remind you about the white guy that shot up the car of black kids at a gas station? He went to jail....just seems like you're cherry picking events to support your view.
You mean the media doing the cherry picking events to get millions of people angry that would cause discussions like this to happen.

But Mathguy, most people including myself are trying to figure out why is he not facing murder charges? Why is he not sitting in jail? Why Jefferson Parish remaining the "good ol boy" establishment? I understand not everyone received the same privilege as the suspect (who should be sitting in prison right now) but if a black person were responsible for such a senseless killing and was released with no charges in 24 hours, imagine how people would react? People wouldn't say "let's hear all the facts first before we make judgements".

I'm so disappointed with the corrupted & biased judicial system that someone can take a life so easily with no consequences.

Last edited by southside89; 12-06-2016 at 08:56 AM..

Old 12-06-2016, 08:55 AM

135 posts, read 93,720 times
Quote:
"Racism!! Racism!! Racism!! I don't know the facts, but I'm going to scream racism anyway."
Here are the facts:

People were unhappy with JPSO's action during the initial investigation. It's always easier to go back and do something than go back and undo something. That was the proper course of action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies