Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If I'm a juror you are going to be found guilty unless you can show a real, actual reason your life was at risk. Some guy yelling at you in traffic is not a valid reason. Getting punched isn't even necessarily a valid reason.
If you and I are both on that jury, my not-guilty vote is guaranteed to cancel out your guilty. It only takes one of us to decide he walks if we feel the facts warranted the action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 03:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you and I are both on that jury, my not-guilty vote is guaranteed to cancel out your guilty. It only takes one of us to decide he walks if we feel the facts warranted the action.
That only makes for a hung jury. Luckily it's not likely that society is going to accept people going around shooting people anytime in the near future.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
That only makes for a hung jury. Luckily it's not likely that society is going to accept people going around shooting people anytime in the near future.
A hung jury means that you wouldn't be able to convict him, and then the prosecution must start all over. I'd bet after a second hung jury, he would walk.

I will always accept a person using deadly force to protect themselves. So does a very large chunk of society.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:18 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A hung jury means that you wouldn't be able to convict him, and then the prosecution must start all over. I'd bet after a second hung jury, he would walk.

I will always accept a person using deadly force to protect themselves. So does a very large chunk of society.
a person yelling at you outside your car doesn't require deadly force. If you are scared just drive off. That's the problem with the gun issue. People keep trying to push the line of reasonable fear lower and lower. If Gasser beats this case, then like half of all these black on black murderers should be let out. Many of those murders were just people yelling and someone started shooting to protect themselves.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:26 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
a person yelling at you outside your car doesn't require deadly force. If you are scared just drive off. That's the problem with the gun issue. People keep trying to push the line of reasonable fear lower and lower. If Gasser beats this case, then like half of all these black on black murderers should be let out. Many of those murders were just people yelling and someone started shooting to protect themselves.
It is worse than that the shooter apparently had multiple opportunities to withdraw from the altercation; in addition to being accused of Road Rage at the same intersection 10 years before.

The facts supporting the shooter don't seem to add up but get ready for the "feared for my life" defense.

Sorry But The Shooting of Joe McKnight is Not About

Old 12-07-2016, 05:54 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The theme in my post, which anyone with a minute ability to process information would understand, is about waiting until the facts are in so one can make an informed decision.
It's not my post that lacks logic, it's your lack of understanding the logic in my post. That's on you.
Do you wait for the facts when Black Lives Matter are the alleged culprits behind crimes?

Old 12-07-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Are you stating that it is a fact that Gasser could drive off and wasn't inhibeted by cars in front of him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It is worse than that the shooter apparently had multiple opportunities to withdraw from the altercation; in addition to being accused of Road Rage at the same intersection 10 years before.

The facts supporting the shooter don't seem to add up but get ready for the "feared for my life" defense.

Sorry But The Shooting of Joe McKnight is Not About
Same question.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
If I'm a juror you are going to be found guilty unless you can show a real, actual reason your life was at risk. Some guy yelling at you in traffic is not a valid reason.
It is dishonest to say all that was happening was the shooter is getting yelled at as far as this case is concerned.

Quote:
Getting punched isn't even necessarily a valid reason.
I'll go you one better. You don't have to be punched in order to use lethal force. Someone coming towards you in an aggressive manner while threatening you is grounds for using lethal force.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:44 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Do you wait for the facts when Black Lives Matter are the alleged culprits behind crimes?
Do you falsely play the race card when Black Lives Matter are the alleged culprits behind crimes?
Keep trying. It's good for a laugh.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:51 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
When the other guy has a weapon and he's coming at you, not when a guy is banging on your car window and uttering threats.
So even if you an 80 year old 90 lb woman and the aggressor is a 300 lb young male he must have a weapon to be a threat to you?

Unarmed people rob, rape and kill every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies