Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 08:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is new to the game and needs to get up to speed, rather than traveling the country in his thank you tour he should spending time doing the hard work for which he was elected. He is a novice and that needs to change.
Just as Obama was when he was elected... Community organizer and a vote abstaining congressman don't count as experience or in your mind, do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 08:24 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some people just can't see President Obama has only made deals to not be attacked on his watch and has spent most of his time in office golfing. President Obama only had less than 800 people to get rid of when he took office........instead he released terrorist from Gitmo, allowed ISIS to grow into thousands, the growing debt, which, a lot came from his family vacations! Yet, somehow this man knows how important being the President of the USA is and Trump does not.
Shame on Obama, trying to defeat ISIS without endangering the lives of front line soldiers. Every Conservative knows you have to put lots of dispensable boots on the ground if you want to defeat the enemy.
I am sure president Trump will have no problem sending sons and daughters into harms way just to prove that he get's things done. Why train the military if your not going to use them? Why have atomic weapons if your not going to use them.
Pretty sure Arlington cemetery has some room for our dispensable front line fighters.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:44 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Some won't admit to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Not where I live. I've strained to meet a Trump voter and haven't found one yet.

I met with a doctor just a couple of days ago (white male) and he was telling me how appalled he was at Trump winning. Thinks it's going to be the worst thing EVER for this country.
As my mom and I talked right after the election (we're African-Americans and live across the country from each other), it's apparent that a lot of people wouldn't admit before the election that they were voting for Trump and now post-election they still won't admit having voted for him. We believe this cuts across all racial and socio-economic lines.

At this point, I can understand those who voted for him but won't admit to it. Not only because of concerns about being misaligned, attacked verbally or physically, but also being called a racist or sell-out (person of color) when their reasons for voting for him was primary believing that he has the business mind to improve our economy and had the guts to not get bogged down in all of the over-the-top PC nonsense.

The other reason they won't admit voting for him IMO is because of Trump's unpredictable and often childish behavior. I'm sure most of his supporters thought initially that it was just an act Trump did to create and maintain the media buzz which could benefit his campaign. Now that he's been elected, the excessive tweeting over petty junk, the refusal to comply with any of our democratic traditions and expectations, the continuing childish immature comments & behavior, LACK of statesmen-like behavior, and the "deplorables" that surfaced immediately after his win who made his election all about THEM: affirmation of their idealogy and hatred towards everyone else even other Whites who don't completely agree with them hook line and sinker. They've attempted to attach themselves to several corporations such as New Balance footwear. Thankfully, those companies immediately RELEASED statements disavowing any ties with them. I don't blame decent people who voted for Trump now shyng away. To date, it's become an ever-increasing, embarrassing clown show, peppered with the racists acts of low-lifes against innocent people, on the world's stage. This is very humiliating for a country who is supposedly trying to being "great" again.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:58 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
why are we surprised by this???

Old 12-13-2016, 10:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Shame on Obama, trying to defeat ISIS without endangering the lives of front line soldiers. Every Conservative knows you have to put lots of dispensable boots on the ground if you want to defeat the enemy.
I am sure president Trump will have no problem sending sons and daughters into harms way just to prove that he get's things done. Why train the military if your not going to use them? Why have atomic weapons if your not going to use them.
Pretty sure Arlington cemetery has some room for our dispensable front line fighters.
Obama can not be defended in any way where war is concerned. He has been an absolute failure.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:08 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Media and liberals still at war with Trump. What new story are they gonna dig up or make up next I wonder.

I don't see people criticizing their bosses for not attending all work meetings.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:22 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama can not be defended in any way where war is concerned. He has been an absolute failure.

Bin Laden agrees with you...

Old 12-13-2016, 10:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Bin Laden agrees with you...
No war got him.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:35 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
According to the last report he has received more at this stage of the transition than Clinton or Obama but fewer than either Bush. This was from the NSA Director last week when you guys first complained about it.
Source? From what I heard Obama was getting briefings everyday until the Dumster.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:04 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
I think Donald doesn't have the time. These "briefings" are so time consuming. (There will not be enough time left for the apprentice). He "delegated" the responsibility to Mike Pence who apparently was happy with that. Go figure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies