Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 08:15 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
The numbers came from a NYC petition that was signed by concerned people comprising of both parties.
OMG, a petition signed by both New York City Democrats AND New York City Republicans?? Why, now that I know that, I rescind everything I wrote about the subject ever! LMAO

Old 12-07-2016, 08:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Don't forget all the rent Trump will charge the taxpayers for him to stay in all his properties because we all know he only stays in Trump owned hotels.
I read yesterday that the presence of the Secret Service in Trump Tower is now an advertising ploy for the management company handling rentals in that building.
I've little doubt that they've increased rents because, you know, YUUGE security.

And people claimed he wasn't running to enrich his businesses.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:16 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I read yesterday that the presence of the Secret Service in Trump Tower is now an advertising ploy for the management company handling rentals in that building.
I've little doubt that they've increased rents because, you know, YUUGE security.

And people claimed he wasn't running to enrich his businesses.

Are you serious ?

Old 12-07-2016, 08:20 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
OMG, a petition signed by both New York City Democrats AND New York City Republicans?? Why, now that I know that, I rescind everything I wrote about the subject ever! LMAO
You shouldn't rescind anything... that's not what I asked. Stop being a drama queen.

What I asked was have a thoughtful discussion or even argument without making it a Liberal vs Conservative issue at every turn.

You said that it is too easy for a liberal poster to say "Deflection". Well you raise the liberal conspiracy flag at every turn... AND do so with the intent of deflecting.

Tax payer dollars (no matter the amount) is paying for securing a location that is difficult to secure in one of the most expensive sq-ftage of NYC. This because the President elect doesn't want to only run operations in the White House. That concern isn't liberal vs conservative... that should be a tax payer concern.

Heck, the conservatives who claim to be more fiscally responsible should be raising hell. They won't because of stupid partisanship.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I bet closing down the blocks around Trump tower has cost more in economic damages, and actual expenses then the entire cost of all of Obamas Vacations. Think about what he is going to cost as a actual president. I find this sort of debate petty when you look at it that way.

This is the cost of having a president, and protecting them. Its what we have to pay. When you folks voted him in, you HAD to understand this would be a associated cost, right? So there you go.
Quite likely.

Tiffany sales hurt by Trump security circus - Nov. 29, 2016

Midtown Businesses Hurt by Trump Tower Security Measures, Owners Complain | NBC New York

Trump Tower security a ‘complete nightmare’ for high-end restaurants | New York Post

Old 12-07-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Are you volunteering to be the citizen accountant ? Do you have your CPA?
Don't need to.
I'll rely on the same sort of biased sources that y'all have been relying on for the past eight years.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Are you serious ?
Of course.
I read it on the internet so it must be true, you know, like PizzaGate.

""The New [Amenity] — The United States Secret Service," bragged a flier obtained by Politico that promotes a one-bedroom apartment on the 31st floor of the tower. "Best value in the most secure building in Manhattan," it adds. Another advertisement for an available condo asked, "Fifth Avenue buyers interested in Secret Service protection?""

Trump Tower condos are now touting the U.S. Secret Service as a 'new amenity'

Old 12-07-2016, 08:29 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Here is a tidbit that someone in real estate pointed out... This is from an article dating back to 1987.

"One of the more notable examples is the story of Walter Hoving, former owner of Tiffany & Co., the famous jewelry retailer next to Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. To be able to build the kind of building he wanted,Trump had to buy the air rights over Tiffany's.".

Donald Trump's 'Deal': Why They Did It His Way - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

I wonder if there is regret....

Old 12-07-2016, 08:36 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
It will be a pittance compared to what we will have to pay Melania to stay home, watch TV and eat bon bons in NY.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:47 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
LOL, liberals furiously making up numbers, like they did for Obamacare. They're so great at just typing random numbers, aren't they? "OMG, Obamacare will save ...uh ...$2 trillion!!" "You'll all save on average ....uh ....$2500!!" Now it's like "guys, I just calculated that Trump's security bill alone will cost the country like $30 billion. For real, I did it on a calculator!!!"

LMAO
Add it up, silly. 365 x 4 x $1,000,000.

Nothing random about it. Nothing made up, either.

And while it's traditional that the First Lady lives in the White House, there's no requirement she must.

If Melania was to choose to live in Florida, the cost would be less, but still plenty more than the Obamas ever cost us. Or any other Presidential family we've ever had.

Manhattan is one of the most difficult places for 24 hour security, and one of the most expensive places in the US for housing the number of Special Service personnel needed for her protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies