Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:20 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

"All three senators — Warren, Schumer and Sanders — endorsed Ellison for DNC chair. None has walked back their endorsement despite the Anti-Defamation League calling for Ellison to be disqualified from consideration for the top spot in the Democratic party."

I guess you can get away with a lot when you have that D in your name!
It's like a free pass to be as hateful as you want!

Dem Senators Won't Condemn Keith Ellison's Anti-Semitism | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 05:28 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,913 times
Everything comes secondary to Islam.

Since Democrats have adopted this cult they will bend to all its demands.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:35 PM

979 posts, read 490,653 times
How exactly is Ellison anti-semitism? I clicked on the link but their sources was just more articles from the same site that just led to more articles from the same site. Nothing that I came across took me to any factual information that backed up the article's claims....

Old 12-06-2016, 05:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
How exactly is Ellison anti-semitism? I clicked on the link but their sources was just more articles from the same site that just led to more articles from the same site. Nothing that I came across took me to any factual information that backed up the article's claims....
He defended Louis Farrakhan for starters . Do you think Louis Farrakhan the lead of Nation of Islam is an anti-Semite?

Farrakhan In His Own Words

Old 12-06-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
He defended Louis Farrakhan for starters . Do you think Louis Farrakhan the lead of Nation of Islam is an anti-Semite?

When did he defend Farrakhan and what exactly did he say in regards to defending him?

Old 12-06-2016, 06:07 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
When did he defend Farrakhan and what exactly did he say in regards to defending him?

Do you ever do your own homework or do you just sit back and wait for others to do it for you?

There's a fine line between playing dumb and being dumb.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Do you ever do your own homework or do you just sit back and wait for others to do it for you?

There's a fine line between playing dumb and being dumb.
Um, okay, don't tell me, continue to be mad for vague reasons. I personally don't care to hunt for a needle in a haystack only to find that he never actually defended him other than saying he has the freedom to be an anti-semitic bigot, which is true, anyone is free to be that in this country.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:17 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:

How are you this unaware of how evidence works? Like, surely you never went to school because no teacher deserving to be called a teacher would ever give you a passing grade if this is how you defend arguments. This article didn't even mention Ellison. It was almost entirely unrelated.

Ellison has addressed his defense and association with Louis Farrakhan. In a op-ed he wrote (or at the very least had a member of his staff right; I'm not sure), he explain the context for why he originally supported him and his realization of just what sort of things he believed. Basically, he thought he stood for empowering black people, but found he also had some very nasty views, such as being very anti-Semitic. He regrets rushing into things and not doing his research. Here's the link to the op-ed, which actually confirms what I just said.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-06-2016 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-06-2016, 06:22 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,604,520 times
As a Republican, I think Ellison is an EXCELLENT choice! The attacks from Republicans will come quickly and with credibility (like citing the ADL). Democrats are giving Republicans free ammo with this one.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
"All three senators — Warren, Schumer and Sanders — endorsed Ellison for DNC chair. None has walked back their endorsement despite the Anti-Defamation League calling for Ellison to be disqualified from consideration for the top spot in the Democratic party."

I guess you can get away with a lot when you have that D in your name!
It's like a free pass to be as hateful as you want!

Dem Senators Won't Condemn Keith Ellison's Anti-Semitism | The Daily Caller
Keith Ellison is a great choice for DNC chair.. I haven't heard Keith say anything Anti-Semitic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies