Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 11:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
My take is stop fighting abortion and start doing things that can prevent it. Have proper healthy care and birth control for all citizens, accept that some teens will have sex and invest in sex education, respect women -- you have no idea what is going with there pregnancy and life and need to mind your own business.

And NxtGen really needs to stop worrying about what other people are doing and deal with his own life.
I got into a near fight with a minister over handing out condoms in public schools. He thinks it "encourages promiscuity."

I think hormones do a fine job of that already.

I think condoms do a fine job of preventing unwanted pregnancies.

He's anti-abortion.

I'm pro-choice.

He cannot see how you'd have far fewer abortions if birth control was VERY easy to obtain. Free, even.

And... here we are.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:59 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I got into a near fight with a minister over handing out condoms in public schools. He thinks it "encourages promiscuity."

I think hormones do a fine job of that already.

I think condoms do a fine job of preventing unwanted pregnancies.

He's anti-abortion.

I'm pro-choice.

He cannot see how you'd have far fewer abortions if birth control was VERY easy to obtain. Free, even.

And... here we are.
It does. It tells the child you are ok with it, go out and do it. That is EXACTLY what it says. It is the approval position of a parent. The parent who cares, who expects the child to follow their rules, their advice warns them, warns them of the consequences, tells them to obey or face them.

Not the parents of today, they send them out, tell them to have fun, throw them tools to achieve it and if they fail to even use that advice? They tell them they can always choose to cut it out like it was a tumor.

Parents today aren't moral, they are not just, they have no integrity and they are not worthy of the responsibility it takes to raise a child. They are children irresponsible themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You were doing good until you started comparing an innocent baby to a person being executed for savagely taking another's life by CHOICE.
It is a fair point, though... if you're okay with capital punishment and not okay with abortion, that's a double standard.

I know, I know. The old "one is guilty, the other is innocent" thing... but, you know that people are often found years later to be innocent of crimes that they were in jail for for decades.

Is it really our job to decide who lives and dies once they're already alive and kicking?

Nope.

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Best to kill them off right?

How cowardly some are to search to kill off the life that can not defend themselves rather than seeking out those who they find less desirable and murder them? The same hypocrites who plead for the liar, the cheat, the killer, and the thieves case, that they deserve a chance, but lays death as judgment to the life that has had no chance to prove itself.

Such sick minds, such depraved thought, such a poor example of humanity.

best to kill them? not your choice unless it is your body. a life that can not defend itself? that life in the case of abortion can not continue to develop unless the woman consents to it using her body to do so. pregnancy can be life threatening, she has the right to make that choice.

btw most women who abort do not like liars, cheats thieves and killers.

are you in favor of forcing women to remain pregnant against their own wills?

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There is a point between conception and birth where it becomes a person.

Personally, I believe it's past 12 weeks.
Quote:
I think it's at the point when it could be delivered and expected to survive and thrive outside the womb. Which is right around 24 weeks.

I would argue that people be counseled a bit stronger to consider adoption and the like past the 1st trimester, but until the fetus can survive outside the mother, giving it full rights is very dangerous.
It becomes a person at the moment of quickening. Whether or not that moment should be where the line is drawn for legal purposes is of course a matter of opinion.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:00 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Best to kill them off right?

How cowardly some are to search to kill off the life that can not defend themselves rather than seeking out those who they find less desirable and murder them? The same hypocrites who plead for the liar, the cheat, the killer, and the thieves case, that they deserve a chance, but lays death as judgment to the life that has had no chance to prove itself.

Such sick minds, such depraved thought, such a poor example of humanity.
Got any arguments that aren't simplistic appeals to emotion and mudslinging? If something is going to be made completely illegal we need hard empirical evidence not "oh why wont anyone please think of the children" hand-wringing.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
best to kill them? not your choice unless it is your body. a life that can not defend itself? that life in the case of abortion can not continue to develop unless the woman consents to it using her body to do so. pregnancy can be life threatening, she has the right to make that choice.

btw most women who abort do not like liars, cheats thieves and killers.

are you in favor of forcing women to remain pregnant against their own wills?
Your "body" does not give you the right to murder the life it produces.

Such is not logic, it is insanity, it is hypocritical and irresponsible to the core.

I am in favor of people being responsible to their own decisions and dealing with the consequences of their choices.

Considering that is the MAJORITY of who seek abortions.

Quote:
It is a fair point, though... if you're okay with capital punishment and not okay with abortion, that's a double standard.

I know, I know. The old "one is guilty, the other is innocent" thing... but, you know that people are often found years later to be innocent of crimes that they were in jail for for decades.

Is it really our job to decide who lives and dies once they're already alive and kicking?

Nope.
also a bit like pro lifers who approve of abortion for rape and incest but for no other reason. are these lives less deserving of life?

Quote:
A child unborn is just as precious, just as deserving of a right to live as those who are born. Murdering one vs the other is just the ability of some to not have to realize or visualize the reality of the deed. Make no mistake, be it crushing the corpse of a living child, the skull of a baby before it exits the womb or the fetus of a growing child in the womb, all are murder, all are a reckless disregard for life and the desire to find difference between is just the means to justify great harm and be able to remedy sleep at night.
If it makes you feel better to think you're saving all the babies, please let me know when you start lobbying for easy access to birth control, for full support to poor parents who cannot afford all these kids you want them to have...

And, then we can talk about whether you care about children or just about fetuses.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Your "body" does not give you the right to murder the life it produces.

Such is not logic, it is insanity, it is hypocritical and irresponsible to the core.
yes, my body does give me the right to end a pregnancy if I don't want to carry one to term. it is not insanity at all, nor is it irresponsible.

as they say don't like abortion don't have one. that's why it's called choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies