Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 06:39 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Bianna Golodryga's parents emigrated to the US when she was a year old, Dana Rohrabacher is a former speech writer for Reagan. I don't think he had any idea of her background, very heated exchange.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3de71b389991
Some Reps try to worm their way into Trump admin by making pro-Russia comments, knowing Trumps pro-Russia stance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 06:40 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Are you p-h-u-c-k-I-n-g kidding? Come on, you really love authoritarians don't you?

Putin is an elected autocrat, don't kid yourself kitty.

Sounds like Obama, except Putin actually cares about the country he is the leader of. Oh, and he is a leader. And has testicles.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:42 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Looks like some people are still stewing over the fact that their pro war with Russia candidate didn't get elected.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:48 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Does Vladimir Putin kill journalists? | PunditFact

Russia currently ranks 180 out of 199 countries for press freedom, behind Iraq, Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to the international watchdog Freedom House.

Though it has never been known for its media independence, Russia’s press freedom and ranking have continuously decreased in the past decade under Putin.

Sure, let's be more like Russia!

Old 12-09-2016, 06:51 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some Reps try to worm their way into Trump admin by making pro-Russia comments, knowing Trumps pro-Russia stance.

Seems like he also is connected to Putin and chairman of the House subcommittee on Europe and Eurasia. It's a good cause to attempt to elevate relations with Russia but he needs to at least be honest. The attacks and murder of the press corp in Russia is significant.

Quote:
This summer, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher used information he received directly from the Russian government to promote one of President Vladimir Putin’s top priorities: removing the name of the martyred Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky from a global anti-corruption law.
Multiple independent investigations blamed Russian officials for the death in jail of Magnitsky, a whistle-blowing attorney who allegedly uncovered evidence of a $230 million theft by officials of the Putin regime.

Putin’s favorite congressman - POLITICO

Old 12-09-2016, 06:51 AM

269 posts, read 134,599 times
Quote:
Bianna Golodryga's parents emigrated to the US when she was a year old, Dana Rohrabacher is a former speech writer for Reagan. I don't think he had any idea of her background, very heated exchange.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3de71b389991
I remember when conservatives hated communists. I remember when conservatives hated other nations meddling in our elections. I remember when conservatives hated Putin.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:22 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Looks like some people are still stewing over the fact that their pro war with Russia candidate didn't get elected.
This is exactly where we're at. I don't remember the left being so worried about the U.S.S.R when they were killing millions of their own citizens in their own concentration camps.
The only reason the left now has this faux outrage towards Russia is that Putin ran circles around Obama and showed the world that Turkey was supporting ISIS by allowing their oil through Turkey to be marketed. Putin now hopes and wants to have good relations with the new administration with Obama and Clinton out of the way obstructing Russia's efforts to destroy ISIS. Good for them.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:31 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
I remember when conservatives hated communists. I remember when conservatives hated other nations meddling in our elections. I remember when conservatives hated Putin.
Rohrabacher was a cold war Reagan Republican, sure changed his tune.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:34 AM

269 posts, read 134,599 times
Quote:
Rohrabacher was a cold war Reagan Republican, sure changed his tune.
This election has shown that conservatives don't actually believe the stuff they talk about. It is meaningless to them.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:57 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Does Vladimir Putin kill journalists? | PunditFact

Russia currently ranks 180 out of 199 countries for press freedom, behind Iraq, Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to the international watchdog Freedom House.

Though it has never been known for its media independence, Russia’s press freedom and ranking have continuously decreased in the past decade under Putin.

Sure, let's be more like Russia!
Yes! That way we won't have to keep have the same discussion over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies