Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 05:30 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Proud to live in a country that sanctions state-sponsored murder, are you?
Are you proud that you live in a country with state sponsored kidnapping (prison)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 05:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't know why we can't just use the guillotine. It's cheap, fast, and guaranteed.
Agreed but messy.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
I am.

Are you?

Old 12-16-2016, 05:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This.

Guillotines weren't failsafe or problem-free.
Well, you would think 21 century Guillotines would function a little better. Squirting some WD40 would make the blade slide much smoother, and faster.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
How hard is it to kill someone? I knew governments are incompetent but this is ridiculous.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:57 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Execution in Alabama: Inmate heaves, coughs after lethal injection; state's history of death penalty issues | AL.com

Note, while its not clear if the man was actually conscious during this fit (could've been involuntary spasms in reaction to the drugs that happened when man was unconscious), I refuse to get worked up over the possibility that a murderous maniac felt pain during his execution.

Who cares.

He killed someone and you are concerned about how he felt when he died?

The SOB is damn lucky that he was not subjected to the same treatment as his victims.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Civilized societies should ban the death penalty. The only reason to take the life of a human is in defense of anothers life or property.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I agree, and while I'm not a fan of the paradox (kill to show that killing is wrong) plus the horrible possibility of an innocent being executed. But in this case, it couldn;t happen to a nicer guy-no sympathy for that thing. While I'm a bleeding-heart, my heart chooses to bleed for the poor clerk.
while i recognize the fact that there are innocent people in prison, and on death row, and that we do need to do our bet to prevent situations like that, the fact is that the people on death row committed, or were convicted, crimes like murder that warrant the death penalty. this is not murder but rather punishment. the person in question for instance beat a clerk and then shot him to death. where was the compassion by the criminal for the clerk?

why are some of you standing up for the criminal in question? HE MURDERED AN INNOCENT PERSON. he deserves to die, and in my opinion not in a so called civilized manner either. personally i think he should have been put to death in a similar manner to the way he KILLED the clerk. he should have been pistol whipped, and then shot to death. instead he got off easy with lethal injection.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:26 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
To keep him from killing other people. That's why cops carry guns. Plus if the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't prison government sanctioned kidnapping?
And what of the innocent people sitting on death row?

Imprisoning someone doesn't kill them and if a mistake is made, we can release that person. Not so with the death penalty.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:28 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"Murder" is wrong.

"Killing" is not always wrong.
That is your opinion. Mine is different.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:49 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
With a firing squad of a guillotine, you could at least harvest their organs to use for transplants. That way they could be parted out to save lives to make up for those they've taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies