Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 06:14 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, its about how much the hacks helped DJT - if at all - win the presidency. I'm not saying the crap that went down with the DNC isn't important. It very much is but THIS topic is about how Russia possibly helped DJT win.
I get what you're saying. And there have been other posts expressing dismay that certain people aren't bothered by the hacking.

It's a double edged sword to me. Yes, we don't want a foreign government interfering with our elections (we never do that ). But the interference revealed a serious problem within the DNC.

It's quite the conundrum. It seems that this election wasn't so much about voting for "your man/woman" as much as it was voting against the opposition. It may seem off topic but with these two you have to look at a bigger picture.

The hacking pales in comparison to what was brought to light, but that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 06:15 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
And this is why it is so important for all of us to support full transparency into our leaders' backgrounds, current activities, etc.
As in? Do tell, like all the transcripts from hillarys speeches? obama's college transcript?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:15 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
And this is why it is so important for all of us to support full transparency into our leaders' backgrounds, current activities, etc.
Indeed it is, I really don't support Trump, I didn't support Clinton either. However the tech is there and people are so lax that literally two guys from Carson City NV can do these kinds of things. It doesn't need billions of dollars of servers and a backbone port. It just needs a bit of smarts and some social engineering.

Soon people will discover that transparency is the only defense they have. Hope it's sooner rather than later.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:16 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I Don't think any trump supporters are denying this? What they are denying is, that it's not as deep as the left continues to say. Because trump said putin is a great leader, does not mean trump is in bed with putin, does it?

obama said he'd have more flexability after being reelected, putin also endorsed obama....does that mean obama is in bed with putin?

And IN ALL HONESTY, at this point, if hillary did win and she had the same accusations that trump is having against him, the left and the news would be praising her and telling us how great a leader she is and that if we did not agree we would be called a woman hater, misogynist, and any number of other names....
You're probably right about your statement regarding HRC supporters. I don't deny that but that's not what I asked. I asked how her opponents would react to this news.

I've seen several posters call this story BS so I do think many are flat out denying it. Even Trump himself is denying it.

Donald Trump rejects CIA Russia hacking report - BBC News

Old 12-12-2016, 06:17 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,023 times
Yeah FatBob, it is IMPOSSIBLE for our actual polling places to be hacked because they are NOT connected to the internet or any central server or anything of the sort.

What the MSM is suggesting is all of the Wikileaks were hacked by the Russians and that's what they are calling "hacking the election".

Old 12-12-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
I get what you're saying. And there have been other posts expressing dismay that certain people aren't bothered by the hacking.

It's a double edged sword to me. Yes, we don't want a foreign government interfering with our elections (we never do that ). But the interference revealed a serious problem within the DNC.

It's quite the conundrum. It seems that this election wasn't so much about voting for "your man/woman" as much as it was voting against the opposition. It may seem off topic but with these two you have to look at a bigger picture.

The hacking pales in comparison to what was brought to light, but that's just my opinion.
I am reserving judgment on that until (and if) we learn more about the extent of what was done. I know we interfere with other countries' elections. Maybe our dear leaders should learn from this issue but we all know they won't. LOL

Old 12-12-2016, 06:19 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is rather interesting, the secret assessment isn't exactly secret anymore. We will see if other major outlets confirm this story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.eec99278b266

When you remove all the partisan spin from this, it's clear it's just more sour grapes from the left.

So, "unnamed sources" at the CIA are stating that Russia is behind releasing all the hacked emails. There is no inference here that Russia hacked into electronic voting systems, or influenced election results directly. Only allegations that nefarious Russian operatives are behind the release of hacked emails to Wikileaks.

For the Podesta emails, okay, that's a risk you take when you do business on Gmail, and don't know how to identify phishing, whaling, or spear phishing attempts. Important to note, while hacking of personal emails is criminal, that does not absolve Podesta, or anyone at the DNC for the wrongdoing established via the emails. From putting the fix in at the DNC to boost Clinton over Sanders in the Democrat primaries, to collusion with the media including the receipt of debate/town hall questions ahead of the events, to a fawning media vetting stories directly with the campaign prior to publication.

In the case of Clinton's email, she's blamed everyone, and everything under the sun for her email woes, except the party primarily responsible. Herself. She made the decision to use an unsanctioned, non-government server to conduct official business, which was against department policy at the time. To address the predictable "But Person X used personal email..." deflections, some government employees can use personal email for personal correspondence (on unclassified networks), if their agency allows it. This is a far cry from using a personal email system exclusively for official business. For all her woes tied to her decision to use personal email, she only has to look as far as a mirror to find the culpable party. It's not the fault of the Russians, of the FBI, of Director Comey, of any of her staff, or of her former agency, it is hers alone.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As in? Do tell, like all the transcripts from hillarys speeches? obama's college transcript?
I think we should have seen those speeches.

I'm honestly not familiar but is it protocol for politicians to release their college transcripts? I know reporters can't get them without express permission from the person whose name is on those documents.

Also, DJT should release his tax returns. That IS protocol.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:21 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
The "hacking" is in regards to Wikileaks emails exposing Clinton and the DNC for who they really are, not the image they try to portray to the American public. This is what the outrage is about, being exposed by the truth.
Voting machines were not hacked and could not be hacked because they aren't connected to the internet.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:26 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
You're probably right about your statement regarding HRC supporters. I don't deny that but that's not what I asked. I asked how her opponents would react to this news.

I've seen several posters call this story BS so I do think many are flat out denying it. Even Trump himself is denying it.

Donald Trump rejects CIA Russia hacking report - BBC News
If hillary had won, and the hacking accusations started that it helped hillary win and hillary was denying the CIA/FBI reports as trump is doing?

I think you'd have the mixed bag just as you have now, of trump supporters going off on hillary, some would be saying the same things, good and bad....

You have to assume that the same type of reporting would be going on with hillary though, the same type of CNN on going BS that is going on with trump would be going on with hillary....and we both know good and damn well it would not be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies