Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 10:57 AM

19,622 posts, read 12,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Yeah, workplace sexual harassment never happens to middle-class conservative women. Neither does subway groping.

And if it does happen no one is ok with it. Trump was referring to women allowing a famous person to kiss or grab them, and he was speaking on a bus full of Hollywood dudes laughing and joking around who know a lot of women like that. The entertainment industry crawls with them. Even minor celebrities have groupies and can be bold.

Middle America women did not vote for Mr. Trump because they are used to being groped. Flint MI still has poison water and there is massive unemployment in the rust belt. They are not thinking about Trump joking with bros about models and hostesses in skimpy dresses while they drink brown water and lose their homes. Sorry if that is insensitive of them.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:03 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The evangelicals that screamed about religious persecution had no problem with Trump bragging about grabbing women sexually without their permission "I don't even wait". They had no problem with him openly cheating on his first wife during a family vacation in Aspen by bringing his girlfriend and later second wife. They had no problem with Trump calling STDs his personal Vietnam. What we learned is evangelicals really don't believe what they claim to unless they can somehow benefit politically. Their religious beliefs are apparently "fluid" and so they had no problem with Trump.
No they just had bigger problems with Hilary who lied, cheated and cost American lives. Trump was a playboy back in the day. He gave no indication that he would currently say or do such things.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:13 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No they just had bigger problems with Hilary who lied, cheated and cost American lives. Trump was a playboy back in the day. He gave no indication that he would currently say or do such things.
No the issue was the belief that Secretary Clinton would go to her grave fighting to make it easier to kill unborn children and at this moment of history Mr. Trump said he would not and try to maintain the balance on the Supreme Court for a generation.

As to "but Trump did not live like Jesus, how could a Christian vote for him?". Well that is why the story of King David is part of the canon of the Christian Holy books and was not suppressed to make people look good. Not only was he an adulterer but set up the husband of his mistress to be killed.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ugh.

What an alarming sentiment.

Women might like to be groped, but I assure you they only like it from men that they WANT to grope them.

That is the key point here. He admitted that he just assumed that due to his fame, all women would want him to grab them.

Umm... no. He's not George Clooney, so it's less of a safe bet than if he was good looking.

He's slimy. He can get away with things because he's wealthy, not because people want him to grab them.

Grabbing a woman by her crotch without her permission, either spoken or implied, is never okay.

I think all we saw was a bunch of women who are used to men grabbing them and they're not bright enough to realize that they can choose not to allow it or they just hated HRC so much that they held their noses and voted for Trump.

I grabbed my wife of 25 years by the crotch, 26 years ago... It was more than OK!
Or was it her that grabbed my junk? Now that I think about it.....

Old 12-12-2016, 11:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
I've been in my fair share of locker rooms, and a couple of fox-holes, and I've never heard that kind of talk. I have had some of the crudest discussions you could ever imagine, and not once have I nor anyone in my presence openly bragged about committing sexual assault. Maybe Trump supporters spend more time in the company of people with low moral character, and find sexual predation merely "crass".
Were you with the gay outfit?
None of your buttbuddies were famous or good looking!
It wasn't that he ever did it. It was that he is so famous, he could get away with it.
Or, are you like the fake nonsense news meme, going to keep taking it out of context of the discussion, refusing to hear I could(said) v. I did(you heard).

Old 12-12-2016, 11:42 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
when that happened I thought he was finished. Not just his campaign but probably his life. Like Bill Cosby. Yet it seemed to blow over. Some liberals says this shows Americans find sexual assault acceptable. What do you think?
It actually isn't that surprising, when you consider the more general picture.

These are the same people who are very poor, rely on welfare, and are the first to vote for someone who wants to cut welfare.

These are the same people who rely on Medicaid for health care, and vote Republican.

We use the phrase "vote against their own self interest" for precisely this reason. Because they do. Decade after decade. And they will continue to do so.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:48 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
It actually isn't that surprising, when you consider the more general picture.

These are the same people who are very poor, rely on welfare, and are the first to vote for someone who wants to cut welfare.

These are the same people who rely on Medicaid for health care, and vote Republican.

We use the phrase "vote against their own self interest" for precisely this reason. Because they do. Decade after decade. And they will continue to do so.
They don't vote against their self-interests, they simply aren't honest about what their TRUE self-interest is. Oftentimes, they are more dedicated to the oppression of gays or POC than they are to their own prosperity. This is why they oppose the Fight for 15, but want manufacturing to come back. They know a living wage should benefit all poor people, but they just want to be returned to what they feel is their rightful place in the hierarchy.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:45 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
when that happened I thought he was finished. Not just his campaign but probably his life. Like Bill Cosby. Yet it seemed to blow over. Some liberals says this shows Americans find sexual assault acceptable. What do you think?
They found Hillary less acceptable I guess.

BTW, I've seen this stuff on both sides. During the Bush presidency, I concluded that some Democrats hated Republicans more than terrorists.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
They don't vote against their self-interests, they simply aren't honest about what their TRUE self-interest is. Oftentimes, they are more dedicated to the oppression of gays or POC than they are to their own prosperity. This is why they oppose the Fight for 15, but want manufacturing to come back. They know a living wage should benefit all poor people, but they just want to be returned to what they feel is their rightful place in the hierarchy.
You are on to something but have it backwards as leftist are wonting to do. The liberals are dedicated to the oppression of white, Christian, American, conservative, male, straight etc. Every self aware, realistic person knows this. How could they not when they experience and observe it in myriad ways throughout their lives? The minimum wage increase is a scam and it is liberals who created an artificial political based identity hierarchy. Projection much?

Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because it was fake news and there are not as many 3rd wave feminist as they thought.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies