Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 04:21 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,819,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Oh my I did not realize it was PROVEN. I mean to say something is proven without providing a shred of the material supporting the claim is not something I take seriously. However PROVEN changes this entirely. I hope it does not turn out out to be PROVEN. I think I would have passed out if it were pink, uppercase , underlined and italicized : PROVEN . Surely that calls for impeachment.

Your comment is just petulant in its self-centeredness...
Do you actually expect that the proof of Russian hackers with government backing is going to be printed in the papers, advertised on the Internet like Pizza Gate was "proven news"???
It is irrational to expect that YOUR standard of proof--whatever that is--has to be met and YOU satisfied for there to be proof of this evil doing...

My husband read an article this summer before the election (and there have been other's since) where a cyber security expert for a private company the DNC hired after it noticed unusual activity in its IT setup...
DNC called in this cyber company who set up trap ware on the servers and SAW the hackers at work----a traced them back to a company they were familiar with as Russian based/authorized hacking operation....
They caught them in the act of hacking the DNC---
It happened....
The CIA, the FBI (finally), and 13 other security agencies recognize and admit that several groups with ties to the Russian gov't hacked into OUR political databases...

And the info went via the Russian hackers to WikiLeaks/Assange who facilitated the propaganda missives that Putin wanted to use to help turn the voters against Clinton--whom he hates...
Mitch McConnell, other Congressional security dept heads were shown some of this info this summer before the election MCCONNELL--old turkey neck himself---told Obama not to make a big deal about this hacking before the election because it would POLITICIZE the info---what he really meant was it would cost Trump any chance of winning...and Obama didn't do it....which was a freaking mistake IMO--because Trump and his surrogates certainly had no problem using info PROVIDED by the Russians via WikiLeaks (and in at least one instance definitively compromised by the Russians prior to going public)

So plenty of people knew about it--plenty of people in Congress, (it made Harry Reid sick when he saw it), in the security services--likely even Flynn knew about it because he has worked for Putin's Ukraine buddy and Paul Manafort--whether they told Dumpty Trump who knows---probably not because of who he might blab to on Twitter...

Now personally as an American I would think my chances of getting a President who would protect and serve my country's needs best would be served by the person the Russians HATE vs someone they view as a patsy under their financial thumb who is going to be manipulated by Putin to get what benefits Russia vs the US...
So Putin's choice won the election--
Putin is happy---
Do you know how scared that should make any American who really loves this country and the democratic process????
Putin is getting what he wants for Christmas--a patsy for president, Brexit in UK, destabilized NATO, and power in the Middle East....
If you think your world is better with Putin in a more powerful position, you are totally clueless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 05:34 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,685,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
This point is something I've seen from so many Trump supporters. When confronted with valid concerns the only response is "we won." As if that's the is the only issue or if that "trumps" all, pun intended....
Sounds just like Obama...when he won...and told Republicans to sit in the back...and Democrats cheered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HN1kZtRIw

Old 12-30-2016, 05:38 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,136,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So Donny thinks it's just time to move on to bigger and better things but will sit down next week with intelligence heads to discuss matter further. This fool is a disaster and he isn't even in the WH yet, and if he attempts to roll back the actions BO has taken he will look just like what HC called him - A Puppet!
It's worse than that. The declaration of rolling back the acts of Obama not only makes Trump look like a petty spoilsport ignoramus, but in the long run will undermine the country as a whole, when other countries feel that they can't take America at its word, that any action, any promise, cannot be relied on long-term. I'm sure Obama reversed some of GWB's action, but he had the grace and discretion not to trumpet it., and not to make it general policy.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:18 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The only thing I see in your post is that you are a sore loser... Trump is the new president and it would behoove you to hope for his success. His success is your success...
His success is not my success as I am against everything he ran on and stands for. You and the rest of the little Trumpies can have him.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:14 PM

325 posts, read 153,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wonder what Patton would have done if they had let him have his way all those years ago...
Part of why he was killed. He was right and we all know it.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,919,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
His success is not my success as I am against everything he ran on and stands for. You and the rest of the little Trumpies can have him.
I disagree with this attitude. As much as I am shocked and saddened that Trump was elected and sickened by his immature, middle of the night tweet tantrums, if he succeeds in creating millions of jobs without burdening the middle class with higher taxes and inflation, improves this country's infrastructure, keeps us out of foreign wars, etc., I will applaud him. However, like you, I'm against almost everything Trump stood for during his campaign, but nobody should ever hope a POTUS fails. Unfortunately, the Republicans plotted against Obama from day one. But we are better than they are (I hope) So far Trump has lied about so many things that I can't imagine he will be as popular in 2 years, even with his loyal supporters, but only time will tell. There's something really strange about his comments on Russia and his criticism of U.S. Intelligence and I'm not sure he can continue his bromance with Putin for very long without raising a lot of questions.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,184,242 times
What liberals secretly want:

Sharia law implemented in America
War with Russia
Wide open borders turning America into Guatemala
Sanctuary cities all over America
An end to Christianity
Rachel Maddow for president

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 12-30-2016 at 08:02 PM..

Old 12-31-2016, 06:22 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,336,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Every country does this to each other. Hell, US hacked the cellphone of close rival Germany. Iran hacked our power grid in 2015 and what did Obama do? Gave them $400m in cash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
But that's Obama so it doesn't matter, silly!

What should matter is it isn't true, unfortunately facts seem to get less important to many the closer we get to January 20.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:23 AM

451 posts, read 235,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If all the people who are too lazy to vote voted the Republicans would never win another election.

Well then by your logic those people who could have voted and didn't vote are beyond stupid.
They have no right to cry and whine and protest IF they did not vote for crooked Hillary.

I am happy if what you say is true. I voted for Trump. He won. HAppy days!!

Old 12-31-2016, 06:27 AM

57,201 posts, read 26,160,308 times
Obviously the DHS and FBI are lying, we will need to get confirmation from Putin and Assange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies