Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 03:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Here, for your information and edification, are two maps showing the oil and gas pipelines in the United States:

API | Pipelines

It is literally amazing that with all those thousands of miles of pipelines, there are only a few major spills per year.
That is, IMO, an enviable safety record!

By the way, anyone who objects to those maps being presented by the API (American Petroleum Institute) is certainly free to google "United States petroleum pipeline map" and find a source that is more to your liking.
Isn't that self-interest, biased website special!

Here is a list of all the pipeline failures;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...e_21st_century
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 11:15 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
The only thing that gets me is the sheer arrogance of people in power assuming they could just trespass the Indian nations with no problem. Their defense is that it is costing them 20 millions bucks a week for every week it is shut down?

Eminent domain is a terrible, nasty, powerful thing and it has gotten so big that these people think they can just do whatever they want with another nation. If I had the time and money, I would be up there protesting with them, at least it is something worthy of protesting, heck, it would even be a cause worthy of dying for and the way they spraying people down with water canons in the freezing cold, I wouldn't doubt if somebody already lost they lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies