Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 06:03 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

I try very hard to cop an attitude, that there is good and bad in everything, and everyone....some more then others working both ways....however, in dealing with Millennials, on an every day basis, well it makes me very sad, that thru them a lot of traditional conservative ideas have been lost.

Now, not all things are gloom and doom, please remember that...

I've been observing Millennials for quit some time now, and work with them....

They have become so individualistic... While going thru doors, I notice, they don't and won't take the time to wait and hold a door open for you....they are rude, fast paced, and their driving habits are less then acceptable.

My car insurance keeps going up b/c in my particular area, my insurance agent told me straight up, that my rates keep going up b/c there are more and more distracted driving accidents on the roads. Everyone has their noses in their phones while driving? Sheeesh...put the freakin phone in the glove compartment!!!!

The news reports at times, tell people, we are presently under a higher terror alert, so please stay vigulant. Yeah, right, so tell me, with everyone's nose in their phones, they don't have a clue of what is going on around them.

They are rude, and they call people names, and when people don't agree with them, they sometimes resort to calling those that disagree racists, or worse.

It's no wonder kids in schools bully each other. They get it all from their parents.

Now again, as I have done twice before in this post....do not take personal offense, b/c I don't know you from Adam...so....not all Millennials are bad people.

I find they are less informed then people before them were....even with today's technology...they really don't know much about politics....other then their political affiliation.

I also found that those who were voting for Hillary, knew nothing of her past, and when told about it, resorted to calling the truth, conspiracy theories.

At work, we were once a family oriented company, in which people worked together, and no one, seemed to deem themselves more important than the other....today, it is totally different. They are so selfish...they want to be rewarded for everything they do, but chose, to forget about those that work under them and how nice it would be if they remembered to reward them once in a while, but they don't.

It's not about team work any longer...it is so much more of a competition...in which they refuse to share knowledge.

And so quick to judge....youth at it's best....huh?

Name calling and bullying, not to mention, judging people by their clothes, instead of even being able to look deeper into the person.

There is this lost concept of how their decisions affect everyone else around them....(awareness) and they are incapable of looking at a much bigger picture, to contemplate the effectiveness of their decisions, and weigh out the costs before reacting.

I believe a lot of this has to do with loosing parenting skills, and the importance of teaching manners, along with mental skills and how to relate and react to others.

They have also lost a respect for laws and rules....and believe it's ok to talk on their phones while driving, or to text or to speed, or to go thru red traffic lights.

When you wake up and look around you, you wonder why the grade school attitude....and can't help but shake your head, when you see such a loss of intellectual skills. Not to mention, the ability to be able to look to tomorrow. It's an "instant gratification" need, rather then to look down the road and foresee, something good or bad, that may come from the way they react. The ability to problem solve has been lost....to think for themselves....

I watched a clip from a video that was taken were a young college student stood before Congress, asking them to fix a local fast food restaurant in her family's area, b/c it no longer sold a certain food and this caused a great deal of stress on her family? I mean, "REALLY"?

When Hillary lost the election, the colleges had to give them crayons, and cry rooms and they are still complaining, ordering recounts...they have to have their way or else? Unbelievable.

They've left their kids run wild in public places, to scream and yell, run around stores...and spill things all over someone else's floors, without cleaning up after them. So entitled with snotty attitudes.

They feel they are above rules....and rules don't apply to them....and neither should laws...they refuse to understand the old saying, "opening a can of worms". They don't understand it, or the ripple effects of decisions and how their harsh words can effect others.

I've seen how nasty & curt, they can be on these forms, just b/c they can....without consideration for others...they know it all and that is it, they won't even contemplate that someone else, might have something a tad more intellectual to offer to the conversation....and that is how one stagnates themselves....b/c they think they know it all...?

Sad...to see a hard working generation, abandon itself, thru our children....and our grand children.

We are only as good as our parent's show us to be...you can't give what you've never known.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:12 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Each generation has their own traits good and bad, and right now there are currently five generations in the workforce so you might as well continue to adjust your thoughts and learn how to deal with it and keep your sanity. No need to complain or whine about it because our life experiences vary from generation to generation.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
These sort of complaints are quite ignorant and short sighted. How quickly people forget that we (I was born at the very end of the baby boomer generation) had the same things said about us. "A bunch of worthless hippies".

"I want to die before I get old". Only Keith Moon actually followed through with that.

Nothing actually ever changes.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:14 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I try very hard to cop an attitude, that there is good and bad in everything, and everyone....some more then others working both ways....however, in dealing with Millennials, on an every day basis, well it makes me very sad, that thru them a lot of traditional conservative ideas have been lost.

Now, not all things are gloom and doom, please remember that...

I've been observing Millennials for quit some time now, and work with them....

They have become so individualistic... While going thru doors, I notice, they don't and won't take the time to wait and hold a door open for you....they are rude, fast paced, and their driving habits are less then acceptable.

My car insurance keeps going up b/c in my particular area, my insurance agent told me straight up, that my rates keep going up b/c there are more and more distracted driving accidents on the roads. Everyone has their noses in their phones while driving? Sheeesh...put the freakin phone in the glove compartment!!!!

The news reports at times, tell people, we are presently under a higher terror alert, so please stay vigulant. Yeah, right, so tell me, with everyone's nose in their phones, they don't have a clue of what is going on around them.

They are rude, and they call people names, and when people don't agree with them, they sometimes resort to calling those that disagree racists, or worse.

It's no wonder kids in schools bully each other. They get it all from their parents.

Now again, as I have done twice before in this post....do not take personal offense, b/c I don't know you from Adam...so....not all Millennials are bad people.

I find they are less informed then people before them were....even with today's technology...they really don't know much about politics....other then their political affiliation.

I also found that those who were voting for Hillary, knew nothing of her past, and when told about it, resorted to calling the truth, conspiracy theories.

At work, we were once a family oriented company, in which people worked together, and no one, seemed to deem themselves more important than the other....today, it is totally different. They are so selfish...they want to be rewarded for everything they do, but chose, to forget about those that work under them and how nice it would be if they remembered to reward them once in a while, but they don't.

It's not about team work any longer...it is so much more of a competition...in which they refuse to share knowledge.

And so quick to judge....youth at it's best....huh?

Name calling and bullying, not to mention, judging people by their clothes, instead of even being able to look deeper into the person.

There is this lost concept of how their decisions affect everyone else around them....(awareness) and they are incapable of looking at a much bigger picture, to contemplate the effectiveness of their decisions, and weigh out the costs before reacting.

I believe a lot of this has to do with loosing parenting skills, and the importance of teaching manners, along with mental skills and how to relate and react to others.

They have also lost a respect for laws and rules....and believe it's ok to talk on their phones while driving, or to text or to speed, or to go thru red traffic lights.

When you wake up and look around you, you wonder why the grade school attitude....and can't help but shake your head, when you see such a loss of intellectual skills. Not to mention, the ability to be able to look to tomorrow. It's an "instant gratification" need, rather then to look down the road and foresee, something good or bad, that may come from the way they react. The ability to problem solve has been lost....to think for themselves....

I watched a clip from a video that was taken were a young college student stood before Congress, asking them to fix a local fast food restaurant in her family's area, b/c it no longer sold a certain food and this caused a great deal of stress on her family? I mean, "REALLY"?

When Hillary lost the election, the colleges had to give them crayons, and cry rooms and they are still complaining, ordering recounts...they have to have their way or else? Unbelievable.

They've left their kids run wild in public places, to scream and yell, run around stores...and spill things all over someone else's floors, without cleaning up after them. So entitled with snotty attitudes.

They feel they are above rules....and rules don't apply to them....and neither should laws...they refuse to understand the old saying, "opening a can of worms". They don't understand it, or the ripple effects of decisions and how their harsh words can effect others.

I've seen how nasty & curt, they can be on these forms, just b/c they can....without consideration for others...they know it all and that is it, they won't even contemplate that someone else, might have something a tad more intellectual to offer to the conversation....and that is how one stagnates themselves....b/c they think they know it all...?

Sad...to see a hard working generation, abandon itself, thru our children....and our grand children.

We are only as good as our parent's show us to be...you can't give what you've never known.
I've always thought of millenials as those born 1983 onward, I consider those born in 80-82 to still be Gen X

Old 12-13-2016, 06:39 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
It's hilarious to see aging Boomers complain about the younger generation.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:44 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Each generation has their own traits good and bad, and right now there are currently five generations in the workforce so you might as well continue to adjust your thoughts and learn how to deal with it and keep your sanity. No need to complain or whine about it because our life experiences vary from generation to generation.
Five?

Boomers
Xers
Millennials

And...

Old 12-13-2016, 06:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
It sounds like you're surrounded by the worst element of the Millenialls. I've seen what you're talking about but rarely. As I've posted previously, I find them to be creative, enthusiastic, hard working people.

Sometimes, too, we can notice something and then it's all we see because we're looking for it. Like buying a new car you think few people own and suddenly noticing every one you drive by.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:59 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Five?

Boomers
Xers
Millennials

And...
Traditionalist and I-Gen also known as the Z generation. These happen to be the generations that are taught via college textbooks and I happen to be the one that teaches the class at my university.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:01 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's hilarious to see aging Boomers complain about the younger generation.
The oldest Gen X people are 51 and; some of our kind also think some of the "kids" today are useless.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:01 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Mother of millennials here. Sounds like you have not gotten to really know or try to understand the young adults of today. Those I know are hard working, thoughtful and very concerned about their future.
As parents they must juggle two jobs, debt and already worry about their retirements. (And the dad's are far more active parents than my generation dads). I see as many distracted boomers trying to figure out their gadgets behind the wheel of cars. Sit down with a cup of tea and get to know a thirty-something parent.
You will be pleasantly surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies