Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 11:52 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Oh I love watching Tucker Carlson. Hannity meh....he's OK. Hannity is annoying to me.
Is Tucker Carlson well regarded in the alt right circles? When the guy was on CNN he was a whining buffoon, I haven't seen him in a while he could have stop whining by now.
I like the Milo idea or anyone like him, too many people dismiss their diatribe as click bait, it would be impossible to excuse in a TV medium, we need to peel back the masks a bit.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:01 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,273,592 times
As much as I love Milo, he moves his head around too much. After watching him for more than two minutes I want to put my hands on the screen to make it stop, lol.

I don't watch TV. Is NBC rated higher for its news programs than Fox?

Old 01-03-2017, 12:03 PM

325 posts, read 153,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Is Tucker Carlson well regarded in the alt right circles? When the guy was on CNN he was a whining buffoon, I haven't seen him in a while he could have stop whining by now.
I like the Milo idea or anyone like him, too many people dismiss their diatribe as click bait, it would be impossible to excuse in a TV medium, we need to peel back the masks a bit.
Not a clue if he is or not well regarded. The alt right seems like younger folks in their teens and 20's etc and more suit and tie folks as well...just not for me. I will ally myself with them and follow them on twitter but I don't call myself alt right.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:03 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,899,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I haven't watched Tucker's new show I'm going to check it out this week at some point I'm kind of undecided on him at the moment.
I have watched Tucker a few times and been very pleasantly surprised. Great show.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
HAHAHA! She was ogled and beloved by Conservatives until she dared to criticize your Dear Leader.
I know!

And, though I know a good many liberals that found her newscasts amusing, I don't think any of them are ready to invite her to be besties yet.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:08 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Yeah I wonder how many years O'Reilly has left on TV? He's almost 70 and into so many things I can see him hanging up television soon. He certainly does not need the money. Good grief. He will be pretty much impossible to replace.

I haven't watched Tucker's new show I'm going to check it out this week at some point I'm kind of undecided on him at the moment.
The Tucker show is awesome. He will find a story that is trending and bring on the person who wrote it or represents the group in question. 99% of the time, they look like idiots when Tucker finishes with them.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:10 PM

325 posts, read 153,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The Tucker show is awesome. He will find a story that is trending and bring on the person who wrote it or represents the group in question. 99% of the time, they look like idiots when Tucker finishes with them.
Yep. He is much more hardcore than I imagined him being. I really enjoy his tough questioning and getting answers from people.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
For me she had an annoying time slot. Every time I have the time to turn on Fox, there she is.

The other choices are CNN and MSNBC, and since I have no use for black racists or cranky lesbians that look like they just stepped off the set of "The Wonder Years", Fox it is.
Lol...it's amazing how you folks live and die by what News anchor is hired where.

Go out and enjoy a night on the town for crying out loud. Megyn Kelly doesn't care about you!

Old 01-03-2017, 12:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/bu...news.html?_r=0

THANK YOU GOD! I hate that woman! Such a whining feminist. Will not be missed that's for sure!
Kelly... a feminist?

Did you bother reading your own cite?

FOX offered her $20M a year, which NBC can't match. Her contract isn't up for another 6-7 months so a lot can happen in the meantime.

I see this as a real attempt by NBC to bring back relevance along with market share.

Good for them and great for Kelly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I've managed to catch his show a couple of times, and though he does tend to make his guests look like fools I'm not sure how long that model can last. At some point people will stop coming on because they'll know what to expect. He runs the risk of becoming the Olbermann of FOX.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:16 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,327,898 times
If she gets the perfect time slot like she had at fox when she was right behind somebody like fox news highest rated anchor Bill Oreilly she may do ok but I doubt she will do much for nbc, she is less likable than katie couric and that was a disaster. When parts of that 25-54 demographic watches Oreilly at 8 than turns off the channel at 9 when Megyn Kelly comes on, then turns it back on when Hannity is on at 10, thats not a good sign. That was true for most of the post trump debate ratings

Kelly angered alot of people with what she pulled at the debate, i dont think many on the right trust her

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-03-2017 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.