Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:22 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

obamacare created more part time jobs because of this stupid legislation . If you hire more than 50 employees you have to get health insurance and many companies are taxed to death and can't afford health insurance so they hire part time workers.

This hinders job growth. Obama put so many regulations on businesses he strangled them with costs to meet the overzealous standards implemented by the EPA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 08:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did Trump just invent the cloud, I also give him credit for making the sun come up this morning he is truly amazing.

According to the IBM CEO:
IBM currently has 20,000 open positions. I don't think Obama tweated about this.

IBM intends to add 4000 more jobs in 2017. They also intend to invest up to $ 1 billion in training high school grads. Over the next 4 years.

IBM offers to hire 25,000 US workers next year

IBM was once the largest private sector employer in the US. In the 80's, Walmart, McDonalds and Yum Brands pushed IBM to 4th place where they remain. Kroger replaced Yum Brands for third place.

Since 2010, IBM declines to disclose number of employees by country. It is be,i.e. end they may have more employees in India than the US.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 12-14-2016 at 08:41 PM..

Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Not sure what this announcement from IBM has to do with Trump. If anything, the tech sector is worried about this administration - that is even in the article. Oh, it is b/c they announced it before a meeting with T. That's quite a stretch. Yet ANOTHER article that the OP did not read. It's like shooting fish in a bucket here. What should I have for breakfast?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I hope this doesn't become a trend. Speak badly about Dear Leader and he'll tank your stock. Give him credit for something he had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with and his insane cult members will love you.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Burger flippers...Im impressed!!!
We'd love to hear your informed, knowledgeable macro and micro economic analysis, fordtrucks! Could you give us that, including some data to support your argument? And, no, unfortunately, wide-open google searching doesn't count as "research."

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 12-14-2016 at 09:07 PM..

Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Trump hasn't even been sworn in and yet has done more to create real jobs than that imbecile has done last eight years!!!

IBM announces it will hire another 25,000 workers in the US ahead of Trump meeting with tech bosses* | Daily Mail Online
Trump could bring millions of jobs back to the US but until he brings his own jobs here, I could care less. He's just a blowhard who needs daily accolades

Old 12-14-2016, 09:03 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump could bring millions of jobs back to the US but until he brings his own jobs here, I could care less. He's just a blowhard who needs daily accolades
You "could care less"? or you "couldn't care less"...Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, it only cost Indiana $7 million to keep those 800 jobs in the state. The Indiana taxpayers will be picking up that tab. But I'm sure they'll all happily shell out more of their hard earned money because it makes Donnie look like a hero.
A point overlooked in all this is that 800 people will be spending money in their community and beyond, thus benefitting the health of their community. Not a few of these people are couples (mom and dad) working for the same company. Now you'll have families with both parents still employed, still shopping, still paying taxes, rather than being a drag on the economy and the unemployment system.

There's a ripple effect with that size layoff that goes far beyond just those jobs.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:05 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times
More fake news from the right.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Trump hasn't even been sworn in and yet has done more to create real jobs than that imbecile has done last eight years!!!
What does this have to do with Trump? They said this was announced BEFORE they even met with Trump. Funny, when something negative is reported, I see posts that say "Obama is still the POTUS" and when something positive happens, the same people insist that Trump should get the credit. It would be very funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:33 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
A point overlooked in all this is that 800 people will be spending money in their community and beyond, thus benefitting the health of their community. Not a few of these people are couples (mom and dad) working for the same company. Now you'll have families with both parents still employed, still shopping, still paying taxes, rather than being a drag on the economy and the unemployment system.

There's a ripple effect with that size layoff that goes far beyond just those jobs.
Will they spend $7 million, do you think? Because that's what those 800 jobs will cost the taxpayers of Indiana.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:42 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You "could care less"? or you "couldn't care less"...Hmmm.

I didn't realize this was a grammar board. lol It's ok though. I don't take offense to anyone here trying to be condescending to me. Whatever makes you feel more superior doesn't bother me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies