Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:59 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Yeah it's close between the two. But given that it was done to school children make it worse than 9/11 -- just my opinion. But yeah, both were horrible.

Both were horrible, that goes without saying. The S/H tragedy doesn't even come close to 9/11 though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 11:33 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Absolutely horrific that this occurred in our country. I had an image pop up on my FB feed today showing all the faces of those that died. Amazing how we go from one tragedy to the next....

www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2016-12-14/newtown-to-mark-4th-anniversary-of-sandy-hook-massacre

Given the circumstances of this it's worse than any other tragedy we've seen in our lifetime (IMO)...
"Given the circumstances of this it's worse than any other tragedy we've seen in our lifetime"

Really?

Bigger then 9-11?

Bigger then Katrina?

With very little thought I think I can can up with more.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:39 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yet the liberals refuse to enforce the gun laws and remove criminals through Project Exile. Instead, they want to punish law abiding citizens for legally owning guns.

Let's not forge those liberals called NRA terrorist because NRA wants to put security guards in school or allow school teachers who have CHLs to carry guns. Liberals fought armed security in school so hard that one must believe that liberals don't want security guards in school because they don't want to be shot at next time they shoot up a school.
I've worked in suburban schools. There should never ever be guns there, not even to the most honorable level headed teacher.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:19 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
I've worked in suburban schools. There should never ever be guns there, not even to the most honorable level headed teacher.
Because you think it is better to have unarmed victims instead of a dead attacker?

A person with a concealed carry permit it 8 times less likely to commit a violent crime than the average citizen.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Right, no mass murderer shall face armed resistance from his victims.

That's what you are saying basically.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:31 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,346 times
Quote:
Not to prevent Sandy Hook but at least reduce the number of gun death.
Gun control worked wonders in Chicago for reducing gun deaths.

even The Onion is in on it.

Environmental Study Finds Air In Chicago Now 75% Bullets - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
CHICAGO—Highlighting increasingly dangerous conditions within the city, a new study published Monday by Northwestern University’s Department of Environmental Studies revealed that approximately 75 percent of the air in Chicago is now composed of bullets.
City Of Chicago Working Around Clock To Clear 18 Inches Of Bullet Casings From Streets - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
CHICAGO—Promising that every effort would be made to limit the impact on residents’ day-to-day lives, Chicago officials announced Wednesday that a fleet of plows was working around the clock to clear more than 18 inches of fresh bullet casings that had blanketed the metropolitan area overnight.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Absolutely horrific that this occurred in our country. I had an image pop up on my FB feed today showing all the faces of those that died. Amazing how we go from one tragedy to the next....

www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2016-12-14/newtown-to-mark-4th-anniversary-of-sandy-hook-massacre

Given the circumstances of this it's worse than any other tragedy we've seen in our lifetime (IMO)...
Worse than 911? NO!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2016, 01:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Not if we enforce the current laws and implement something like Project Exile or 10/20/Life.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:54 PM

50,283 posts, read 47,032,885 times
We now have SDPD at every campus at least for part of every day. It works.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:23 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,346 times
Quote:
Not if we enforce the current laws and implement something like Project Exile or 10/20/Life.
but then you'll have BLM protesting the "prison-industrial complex".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies