Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 12:27 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He got far more press time than ANY other candidate. He got TONS of time during the primaries and even had his supporters for many moments that only Hillary got. He just got his feet held to the fire far more because it sparked the ratings. Even Hillary didn't get them.

So you're saying that Trump should be grateful because of the MSM coverage he received? They were actually trying to help him instead of HRC, even when they reported every negative story about Trump they could find as truth and showed unflattering photos of him next to photos of Hillary's smiling face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 12:36 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You said the magic word: opinion. When people say they get the news from Fox, I don't know which show they are watching. You watch Reilly to get Oreilly's opinion, Hannity to get his opinion, etc. If you want an opinion critical of Hillary on MSNBC, watch Morning Joe. You don't watch those shows for news.
Actual news shows like NBC Nightly news are supposed to give straight news. I have not heard them presenting opinion (although I rarely watch them anyway). They are probably guilty of presenting more stories that put Trump in a bad light than Hillary. That's biased, but it's not like they're making this stuff up.
My main concern is that many Americans can't tell the difference between an opinion show and a news show.

I'll admit I've never seen Morning Joe, but will look for him. I tend to stay away from MSNBC for fear I might accidentally catch a glimpse of Rachel Maddow and be triggered.

There should be a clear line between news and opinion and in some cases it is obvious -- to most of us, at least. But even the very act of choosing what news to present, not to mention the photos used in the story and the language used by reporters can be subtly slanted to convey bias. Consequently, the difference between slanted and fake is sometimes a matter of degree.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:40 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I'm sure of it. The media hated Bush when he was in office, but that hatred for him pales to what they think of Trump.

Trump will NEVER get a fair shake from most of the mainstream media. I say this as a guy who didn't vote for Trump.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Is Fox the only major news network that is going to give Donald Trump a fair shake?

Fox won't give him a "fair shake."

As with any and all Pubs, they'll be totally in the tank for him.

Trumplings, rejoice!

Old 12-15-2016, 03:20 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer;46503354[B
Is Fox the only major news network that is going to give Donald Trump a fair shake? [/b]
Probably.
It will be enough. After all, Fox defeated Hillary. Weren't they the only ones speaking out against her?
Thinking people don't really pay attention to the other outlets.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:32 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Evidently, all the news networks except for Fox are critical and/or hostile towards Donald Trump. It appears that they rarely have any positive coverage about him.

I also noticed that most of the videos posted on Donald Trump's web site are from Fox News.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

So, Donald Trump himself obviously has a comfortable relationship with Fox News.

Is it fair to say that the mainstream news networks are going to be useless as a source of information during Trump's presidency?
They already are. Why is anyone else (or anyone with a conscience) even bothering to watch those other network channels in the first place?

Old 12-15-2016, 03:46 PM

772 posts, read 390,291 times
Yes.

The rest of the media CNN, MSNBC, NYT, CBS, etc... are liberal media outlets.

Remember how they were exposed for their biased coverage during the election cycle.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:11 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Journalism is dead. It's a shame that subject is even a thread. Straight news with minimal bias has been gone for a while now. Cable news saw to that. The old days of Cronkite giving the straight journalist view of things appears to be gone. The 24hr news cycle has to be filled with something and that is now commentary. The problem is that people don't get that it's commentary or the commentary is being presented as being straight news.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:20 PM

649 posts, read 316,346 times
Fox is the " only " major news network .

Old 12-16-2016, 09:58 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fox does no favors for Trump. Tonight they talked about how unfavorable he is viewed. What a bunch of garbage. HEY FOX, TRUMP GOT ELECTED. HIS FAVORABILITY WENT THROUGH THE ROOF!! THE PROOF WAS AT THE VOTING BOOTH!
well... let's play both sides of the coin here.

Fox is broadcasting every thank you speech from beginning to end, while CNN and MSNBC are (at the very same time) interviewing pseudo conservatives and holier than thou liberals still talking smack about the guy and his voters.

Fox does him more favors than not, MSNBC and CNN are disinformation outlets.

Fox viewership is climbing while MSM's is crashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Fox is the " only " major news network .
Probably closer to fact after liberal media was outted colluding with the DNC and Clinton machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies