Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The people who are failing in our modern economy, living on disability and struggling with failed marriages, alcoholism, drug addiction and chronic inability to find and hold a job are the ones who voted for Trump from everything we have been reading. They better fit the OP's definition of trash than the supposed "liberals" who thrived under Obama.
That is the exact truth.

Those that want to stay in the middle of nowhere, refuse to lean new skills and demand that the government provide them a $35 per hour long-gone manufacturing job.

Have you read Hillbilly Elegy? Great book; I grew up in Appalachia and many there REFUSE to take responsibility for their own lives and future.

So much easier to blame immigrants, blacks, working women, clean air . . . whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 05:20 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Why does CD let Trash baiting troll threads like this go on?

They have no combing through the pages to delete my random comments, but let crap like this persist.
Because this site has a right wing bias of course

Old 12-14-2016, 10:46 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
I'm prospering very nicely. I guess that means I'm trash.

Are you a slumlord?

Old 12-14-2016, 10:52 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
A society run by crony capitalists, big money donors, lobbyists and special interests is not a progressive, social democratic society by any means.

The biggest globalists and crony capitalists in the game are now in charge; Goldman Sachs and Exxon.
Where've you been? Here are Goldman Sachs' influences:

Why didn't you have a problem with that?

Old 12-14-2016, 10:57 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
After Bush started two unpaid for wars and tanked the economy while thousands were killed and maimed for the illegal war...
The war Hillary voted FOR?

Old 12-14-2016, 11:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Did any of them go to jail?

Old 12-14-2016, 11:11 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
In a liberal society.

Thats why why we should never elect a liberal to a leadership position AGAIN!!!]

I hope America has learned its lesson over the past 8 years and STICKS to its guns.

Dont even think about electing another SCUMBAG democrat to the House, Senate, or Oval Office. Keep that SCUM of the earth away from power at all costs.
Wow, well I think you are a little over the top here. Not all Democrats are liberals to begin with, most are but not all. And like anything, I think this election cycle and some of the revelations of just how crooked the Democratic Party has become will change things and I expect the party to become much more moderate and return to their core values (or at least what their core values used to be) and that is fighting for the poor and the blue collar worker along with equal rights but not the obsessive race baiting that they have been doing for the last 10 years.

It's good for the country if we have a good, solid Democratic Party to oppose the Republican Party. But they have to stop screaming racism every time something doesn't go their way and they have to get over their gay this and that every day 7 days a week. Their obsession with race and gender weirdness has cost them a Presidential Election and both houses and now they will see upwards of 3 SCOTUS judges appointed by Republicans.

Lets see if they can learn from the absolute beat down they have taken and will continue to take for at least the next 2years.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Donald trump said special interest shouldnt have a voice, and then he goes in and does exactly the opposite.

You may in fact believe the person you are talking to is a hypocrite, but that makes Donald Trump one as well.

And if you want to argue that having them in your cabinet doesnt make him a hypocrite. then you just negated your entire point.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:12 AM

269 posts, read 134,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
In a liberal society.

Thats why why we should never elect a liberal to a leadership position AGAIN!!!]

I hope America has learned its lesson over the past 8 years and STICKS to its guns.

Dont even think about electing another SCUMBAG democrat to the House, Senate, or Oval Office. Keep that SCUM of the earth away from power at all costs.
I just find for many Americans there is an absolute ignorance about what their state local or federal government dues for them directly and how the rich and middle class benefit far more from government than poor people. Many of whom don't think any politicians care about their concerns.

So that's my opinion right. Well how did I arrive at that opinion.

The main reason is voting patterns. If poor people viewed the government and government benefits as the key to their life then as voters they should be very engaged and active in politics. Donating time and money to politicians. Constantly pressuring and cajoling them to do their bidding.

But in the real world poor Americans are the least politically engaged. The least likely to vote. The least likely to donate to call politicians the least likely to feel they have a voice in government. The actual behavior of poor voters proves the exact opposite of the lie that they view government as freebies.

Now who are the most politically engaged? rich people. They give both a lot of time and money and create organizations to pressure and influence government. Rich Americans behave much more like the group of people who see government as vital to their professional lives.

Middle class Americans are also much much much more politically engaged than poor Americans. They are far more likely to call politicians donate money campaign volunteer pressure politicians demanding that they do x,y, or z.

And many Americans who are rich or middle class become enraged and angry when they perceive the government doing things for other Americans they hate whom they feel are scum. Again these are other Americans.

This is the real world we inhabit where the rich and the middle class get nearly every government dollar spent on them while being outraged at any money spent on other Americans they hate.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:21 AM

269 posts, read 134,671 times
The other part of this is how many middle class Americans participate in government programs specifically designed to help them that they don't see as government programs.

If you have employer provided health insurance that is subsidized by the government that designed to help you and your employer. If you have a mortgage and you take the deduction that's a government housing program designed to help you.
If you have a 401k type deal that is a government program designed to help you save for retirement.

If you kids go to college they almost certainly receiving some type of government benefit.

If you have children there is the child tax credit that is government program designed to encourage people to have babies or at least help out parents.

The rich get even more. It's why they spend huge money begging the government.

What I see in America is a government at all levels primary concerned with helping rich people and middle class people and both groups being utterly outraged if certain groups of other Americans that they hate get any government benefits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies