Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:10 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,786,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
What, exactly, did Russia do to help Trump?
If you read a headline saying that "FBI backs CIA views that Russia intervened to help Hillary win the election." What than would your reaction be???

Old 12-16-2016, 06:10 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Washington Post: FBI backs CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump win election

NPR: FBI, CIA Agree That Russia Was Trying To Help Trump Win The Election

Other sources:
NBC News: FBI Agrees with CIA Assessment That Russia Wanted to Help Trump

CNN: CIA: FBI agrees on Russia hacking intentions (video)

USA Today: FBI backs CIA assessment of Russia's election meddling (video)

Now that it appears that there is consensus in the US intelligence community, I'm interested to see where this goes next. Especially with a President-elect who seems rather hostile to this information. I do hope they release some of this information to the public.
Lots of unnamed sources and a quote from a letter allegedly Brennan sent out. Whole lotta nothing. What happened to real news reporting?

Old 12-16-2016, 06:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
What, exactly, did Russia do to help Trump?]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
If you read a headline saying that "FBI backs CIA views that Russia intervened to help Hillary win the election." What than would your reaction be???
Don't you know, since you're not answering what appears to be, a sincere question?

Old 12-16-2016, 06:13 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
More ridiculous conspiracy theories abounding.
At this point it's pretty clear that the conspiracy theory is that the Russian DIDN'T help Trump win.

All hail Comrade President.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:14 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Lovely, now you just have to figure out what crime was committed by Donald Trump. Figure that out and you can impeach the guy and throw his butt in prison. Ain't gonna bother me! Oh and the opinion of the FBI and CIA that Russia hacked us are nice and all, but in order to have any legal standing, they're going to need to have proof. Compelling enough proof to win a court case. Otherwise it's just conjecture and personal opinion.

My biggest question is this: So what? Imagine if some source paid by the New York Times had hacked Donald Trump's emails, found a bunch of damning info and released it to the public and it resulted in Trump losing the election. Would you be upset right now? I already know the answer because something quite similar happened in 2012. Mitt Romney quite stupidly said the following at a private fundraiser:

Quote:
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax. ...and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
But wait, those words were obtained and publicly released illegally!! Somebody engaged in criminal activity in order to help get Barack Obama reelected. So why wasn't the result of that election invalidated? Then Barack Obama had the audacity to accept a second term after his people cheated??

The reality is, Hillary had some pretty ugly dirty laundry. Somebody dug a bunch of it up and made it public. Same scenario as Mitt Romney. The way in which the truth was made public may have been illegal, but it's still the truth. The American people found out. Can't stuff the genie back in the bottle and the American people voted based upon the facts that were revealed -- with full knowledge that it was probably Russian hackers who got the info by the way. We didn't have a do-over for Mitt Romney, so why would Hillary get one? Good grief Democrats at least the GOP knew how to accept defeat gracefully in 2012 and 2008!!

Old 12-16-2016, 06:15 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Lots of unnamed sources and a quote from a letter allegedly Brennan sent out. Whole lotta nothing. What happened to real news reporting?
Unnamed sources have been used by legitimate news organizations since...forever. One reason people choose to leak information anonymously is so that there are no repercussions for that leak.

It's fair to be skeptical (and I still have some skepticism about all of this, myself) - but it does appear to be a lot of corroboration of the same information - and if it wasn't true, you'd think there'd be some corrections out there.

Of course, the intelligence community could be wrong in their assessment - but it seems to be becoming more apparent that there is agreement in what they are concluding. Which is interesting to me.

I do hope they release some information to the public eventually - it would be interesting to see how these conclusions were made.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:16 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,786,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't you know, since you're not answering what appears to be, a sincere question?
My question isn't about rather Russia intervened to help Trump in the election. I'm not even saying rather I think that Russia helped Trump or not. My question is if the headline said "FBI back CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump win election." How would you feel towards Russia???

Old 12-16-2016, 06:20 PM

1,180 posts, read 777,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Washington Post: FBI backs CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump win election

NPR: FBI, CIA Agree That Russia Was Trying To Help Trump Win The Election

Other sources:
NBC News: FBI Agrees with CIA Assessment That Russia Wanted to Help Trump

CNN: CIA: FBI agrees on Russia hacking intentions (video)

USA Today: FBI backs CIA assessment of Russia's election meddling (video)

Now that it appears that there is consensus in the US intelligence community, I'm interested to see where this goes next. Especially with a President-elect who seems rather hostile to this information. I do hope they release some of this information to the public.
Riiiiiiiight.

Jesus. Trump is getting confirmed on Monday.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
Riiiiiiiight.

Jesus. Trump is getting confirmed on Monday.
Is anyone saying he won't be?

Old 12-16-2016, 06:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
My question isn't about rather Russia intervened to help Trump in the election. I'm not even saying rather I think that Russia helped Trump or not. My question is if the headline said "FBI back CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump win election." How would you feel towards Russia???

Lakerat asked you what Russia did to help Trump. Why are you answering a question with a question? Is it so difficult to explain what Russia has been accused of doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies