Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 08:40 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,712,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
Will you congratulate the man, maybe even apologize?

Or, will you somehow try to say the election "wasn't real" and continue your ****?
If this weren't such a serious situation, it would actually be really amusing to watch. The democrats (or more accurately, the left in general) are full bore, pedal to the medal, attempting to either totally destroy a Trump presidency, before he ever takes office, or literally call this an "illegitimate" election and void the entire election process we've been through. Perhaps they hope Obama can stay on while this is all sorted out for....oh, maybe 4 years ? I have no idea what specifically would happen, but it will certainly result in extreme chaos...which is exactly what they want to happen.

First of all, the democrats are against the electoral college....popular vote should rule the day. Get rid of the electoral college since it serves no useful purpose. Now a week later, they have discovered the "value" of the electoral college and want some of Trump's electors to vote against what their states voters have decided. They say its the reason for the electoral college and these electors should do their "duty" and not follow the election rules their respective states have set up for them. Well, if what they previously have been saying is true, that the electoral college isn't fair, or doesn't serve a useful purpose, how can you know talk about the "duty" of the electors to vote against Trump because he isn't fit for office ? You can't demonize a process one day, and preach of it's value the next without sounding like a loon grasping at straws without any legal/moral directional compass at all....can you ?

I can understand the problem. I don't want the Russians (if in fact it was them doing the hacking) messing around with our elections either, but so far the all that is coming out is that they hacked into the democratic party's computers, and publicized a lot of embarrassing emails that showed they had contempt for their voters and were literally forcing a candidate on their voters without regard for a "fair" primary contest. Wouldn't you call that "stealing" an election ? They think we're giving them a choice....but we're really not. That would seem to be a moral crime at the very least.

I guess I fail to see how this is a true crime. Again, IF in fact it was the Russians, all they did was publically show what was privately written.....all of it apparently true since the democrats have never denied the validity of the content....they just keep blaming the messenger, while never disputing the truth of the message. Kind of telling isn't it ?

We do now know that HRC said it's perfectly ok to have a public position, and a private position. You tell the voters what they wish to hear, all the while knowing perfectly well that you hold a contrary opinion and you're going to do it your way once you grab their vote and gain the power of the office.

Yes, I understand the problem of hacking in this situation....but from a different vantage point, are we actually saying that revealing the truth about the contempt those in power have for us voters is a crime now ? Apparently telling the truth is now a crime indeed.

Shut up, listen to what we tell you, believe it with all your heart, and vote for me. For I know better than you what is best for you. I'll tell you what I need you to believe, and nothing more...trust me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 08:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

Need a Kleenex?
nope-do you? maybe kneepads

Old 12-16-2016, 08:49 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:

Or, will you somehow try to say the election "wasn't real" and continue your ****?
Nothing. And what does anyone have to apologize for ?

Old 12-16-2016, 08:49 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,076 times
I'll just go about my business. Laughing at the gloaters-do they REALLY think they're better than anyone else just because their candidate "won"? I have more self-worth than that, but they ARE republicans after all, so I get it.
Funny how they taunt left about tears and sour grapes, when they were being little bytches for the past 8 years-just goes to show that 2008-2016 was their true character.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:

I would say for many it will be the latter. Hopefully those "special" people in Hollyweird will actually DO what they said and leave the country. Maybe others will follow?
I for one will give the man some time to see what's happening (or not for that matter) before I decide what I think...

Old 12-16-2016, 08:56 PM

610 posts, read 532,633 times
I'll be happy when the Trump Deniers can't post their immature and nonsensical comments about voiding the elections results, eliminating the electoral college etc. But then they'll start on something else equally nonsensical and immature.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
I'll be happy when the Trump Deniers can't post their immature and nonsensical comments about voiding the elections results, eliminating the electoral college etc. But then they'll start on something else equally nonsensical and immature.
Honestly, we have listened to your derogatory comments about our president and first lady for the last 8 years. It was nonsensical and immature.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:31 PM

1,180 posts, read 777,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, we have listened to your derogatory comments about our president and first lady for the last 8 years. It was nonsensical and immature.
So don't do it to Trump!

Old 12-16-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
So don't do it to Trump!
Personally, I would never do this. It's disrespectful to call our president and first lady names. But Trump has opened the gates of more hatred and name calling since he did that during his campaign

Old 12-16-2016, 11:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
What will you do when the Electors confirm Donald John Trump as President?

Nothing.

My opinion of him will remain the same.

Show him respect? NEVER.

Winning the election doesn't erase all of the vile, nasty things he has said and done, doesn't change what he is.....a self-serving, bigoted, narcissistic con man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies