Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 02:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
First, I am not sad, and second, if white people are dumb enough to participate in the destruction of themselves and their culture, then they don't deserve to survive.

Either way, it's no skin off my back.
Yeah but the whites who don't want self destruction and culture replacement whether it's 40%, 60% or 5% should be given the opportunity to not be defenselessly led to slaughter so to speak with the rest of the sheep and sell outs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 02:51 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Can someone please tell me whether college millennials are aware that the public at large makes fun of them or are they pretty much in a campus bubble? I've always wondered about that.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Can someone please tell me whether college millennials are aware that the public at large makes fun of them or are they pretty much in a campus bubble? I've always wondered about that.
Why would anyone make fun of a picture being relocated and another put in it's place? Even art museums change exhibits around.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:18 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
These students have no concept of history, proportionality, or real learning. Othello, one of Willie's greatest characters, a Moor. In 1604. Shakespeare's writing cross all classes, races and ethnicities, to portray the human heart or psyche, if you will. Which is precisely the point. He knew there was no difference. All men were created equal, though not guaranteed equal outcomes. Either by their own hands, or other's.

“To err is human, to forgive, divine.” Alexander Pope. Another ancient Englishman. No room in todays inn for them. They must be vestiges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
Kinda strange since Othello was a black man (and kind of a hero at the beginning), and I was taught in school that it was highly unusual for any play to depict a Jew (eg Shylock) with any sympathy at all.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They are in a bubble. A lot of them are ageist, snarky liberals that think they know it all and everyone else is an idiot. Of course many of them aren't and are like captives or POWs of academia lol.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:29 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
The headline stinks like a skunk. That's typical of fake news stories.

Most have a small kernel of truth in them, but the truth is fabulated into a lie. The Daily Caller is notorious for partly-true, mostly-phony articles.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:29 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
I like Mundane Matt's take: WTF - College kids tear down Shakespeare painting because he wasn't diverse enough

Old 12-17-2016, 07:18 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The headline stinks like a skunk. That's typical of fake news stories.

Most have a small kernel of truth in them, but the truth is fabulated into a lie. The Daily Caller is notorious for partly-true, mostly-phony articles.
Your post is typical of attempts to conflate "fake news" with "stuff other people say that I don't like". Elite college students and professors actually do believe that race, sexual orientation and gender politics should be prime considerations in judging the importance of writers. Unfortunately, there is nothing fake about this story.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:50 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
While moving the painting because of "diversity", is stupid. If the professors and students (who are majority white), want it then let them do it. You guys manage to twist this into college students who are mostly white being racist towards themselves. take in mind to enter UPenn you need a high GPA, and lots of extracurricular activites.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:22 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You guys manage to twist this into college students who are mostly white being racist towards themselves.
I see that only 44% of undergrads at U Penn are classified as "white American", and I assume many of them are Jews who see themselves as minorities. But yes, often that's just what this is, no twisting required, white college students judge Shakespeare negatively for being white, and a man who is a central figure in Western (white) civilization.

Penn Diversity Facts and Figures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies