Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 08:26 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think classes like this should at least be fair and balanced.
Why? That is sort of the point of advanced liberal arts classes.

Do we think we need to protect college students, in their final year from graduation with an undergraduate degree from actually weighing information on its own? They have to be told this is one side and this is another?

Quote:
Instead of "The problem of whiteness" lol

How about this,

Go explore Renaissance, Protestant Reformation, Enlightenment, Abolishing Slavery. Yes, sometimes not every single White make these cultural leaps to a new perspective simultaneously and some laggards are to be found. However, White cultures around the world have shown that they will develop towards better forms of civilization.

How about just admit that white people managed to do so much for the civilized, economically developed world so fast.
The last sentence is interesting to me, because the question becomes at what cost. Sure the European and American civilizations have thrived but a case can be made that much, maybe most was on the back of colonialism and worse.

Also, this class from the course description provided, appears to take a global perspective, might be a class you might want to take.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:27 PM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

Also, this class from the course description provided, appears to take a global perspective, might be a class you might want to take.
No thank you. Not until I figure out what "whiteness" means first.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:44 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No thank you. Not until I figure out what "whiteness" means first.
Well it is a free country so I fully support your right to not take a class you aren't interested in.

Maybe you want to email the professor, maybe he would explain.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:45 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,013,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
All the better if the professor is non-white and therefore, like Jesus, without sin.
Haha.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:47 PM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Well it is a free country so I fully support your right to not take a class you aren't interested in.

well, I have already said it, not interested. lol

Maybe you should just move on now.

I am an artist who is not interested in other people's privilege.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:34 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,353,510 times
Quote:

I'll one-up that and visit the professor in person since I live right next to the campus...

"Excuse me, we're having this debate online..."

Old 12-18-2016, 09:59 PM

610 posts, read 532,906 times
Quote:
As evidenced by the course description it is actually about the evils of white supremacy, despite the catchy title. Did you see the course description?
I see, the alleged "evils" of white supremacy (good way of begging the question, after all who can argue that there's white supremacy and it's evil, right?). But what about about the supremacy of other races, there's many to choose from, black, various asians, etc. That could be covered in the course as well. Oh I forgot, you said it's ok to be unfair and unbalanced. I don't care about this university or this course, that's their problem, but why do intelligent people like yourself defend this evil stupidity? Isn't there already enough division and race-baiting going on??

Old 12-18-2016, 10:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
I see, the alleged "evils" of white supremacy (good way of begging the question, after all who can argue that there's white supremacy and it's evil, right?). But what about about the supremacy of other races, there's many to choose from, black, various asians, etc. That could be covered in the course as well. Oh I forgot, you said it's ok to be unfair and unbalanced. I don't care about this university or this course, that's their problem, but why do intelligent people like yourself defend this evil stupidity? Isn't there already enough division and race-baiting going on??
Nope, there can never be too much, apparently.

This is like the pc garbage that cost the Dems the election. It's doing more to divide people than bring them together.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 PM

241 posts, read 221,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Blacks of recent African heritage are the MOST successful group here in the US, regardless of race. So that knocks racism out as the main reason some American Black people are hood rats.
Cool Story Bro! Too bad its a false story created to support your crappy talking point meant to legitimize discriminatory practices and racial issues.

About one-quarter (26%) of foreign-born blacks ages 25 and older had at least a bachelor’s degree in 2013, which falls somewhat below that of the overall U.S. population and also below Asian immigrants as well. Where did you get your fake news and false narratives? I got mine from Pew Research Studies, The Washington Post and US Bureau Census Data.

6 key findings about black immigration to the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Old 12-18-2016, 11:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I'll one-up that and visit the professor in person since I live right next to the campus...

"Excuse me, we're having this debate online..."
Don't forget to leave the professor some play-dough and tell him Merry Christmas.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies