Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 02:35 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't mean to attack you personally. I sincerely just want to learn something from you.

You honestly don't see there is a potential problem to name the class "The problem of whiteness" class?

Maybe I am just hypersensitive, I would have a big problem if somebody name the class "The problem of mixed race people" "The problem of interracial marriage."

I cannot imagine the reaction if there is a class called "The problem of the Jews."

It looks like "you should read the course description, not just the title" is not really a strong argument here.
Call the university and complain if you have a problem with it. It is your worldview, and no one quite honestly should tell you how to feel or think. Make your concerns known to the Board, Provost, President, Chancellor, etc.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:36 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Call the university and complain if you have a problem with it. It is your worldview, and no one quite honestly should tell you how to feel or think. Make your concerns known to the Board, Provost, President, Chancellor, etc.
If this is your answer, then this entire thread shouldn't even exist.

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GraceProfessional- View Post
...I'm a white male and the racism I've encountered has left me with two stab wounds, broken ribs, and a metal plate that controls my left eye movement along with partial blindness. I personally knew 2 white men in my neighborhood that were murdered for being white and dating a black woman. I myself was fired from a job for dating a black woman. Denied membership to my local boys and girls club, and not allowed to participate in math class or athletics in middle school. I was robbed at knifepoint for $2 my first day of 6th grade.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I spent large chunks of my childhood and adult life living in a third world country. My stepmother lived a life of poverty that would make you look, dare I say it, down right privileged.
Upper middle class lkb0714 with two advanced degrees finds a way to make GraceProfessional "look, dare I say it, down right privileged."

Mmkay.

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Sounds kind of like 1930's Germany and "the problem of Jewishness" and a search for the final solution.

Do you think anyone would have problem with a college course titled, "The problem with Blackness (or Hispanic or Asians or islam)? There would be rioting in the streets over it and media would be running a denouncement campaign and calling for school faculty to be terminated.
What a crock of crap. Anything to make whites the "bad people".

You bet no other part of the population would sit back and take it.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Well tell us how we should feel about it?

Old 12-19-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What a crock of crap. Anything to make whites the "bad people".

You bet no other part of the population would sit back and take it.
It is our history here in the United States. Why would you not want it to be taught? It is not like a Professor is making up a fairy tale. Your statement is one that speaks to white guilt and I expect the anger to follow.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
It's just more promotion of hatred and scapegoating of white, western ethnicity and their replacement and displacement in their own countries.

If it were really about 'supremacy' then anti-whites would talk about classism, or focus on groups that had better group outcomes such as Jewish and Asian.

It's about anti-white genetic based racism and the search for the final solution.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:45 PM

269 posts, read 134,532 times
Quote:
No the reality is if your objection is only about the title of the class that's not really any objection at all.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:47 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
The title makes no such assertion or even implies that. Some classes are about America. So saying it is American centric is a silly criticism if the topic is white supremacy in America.

It would also so be silly to say we are going to discuss white supremacy in America and whiteness as an identity but first we have to deal with all of human history so as to not alienate.

It's be like going to a class about Jewish people in WWII and being upset they brought up nazism an antisemitism as an organizing force in Germany without bringing all the other groups that hated Jewish people.
Well, you really wouldn't understand antisemitism in Germany if you didn't understand its history in Europe as a whole.

Your attempt to decontextualize racism and limit it to whites oppressing blacks in the United States completely fails.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's just more promotion of hatred and scapegoating of white, western ethnicity and their replacement and displacement in their own countries.

If it were really about 'supremacy' then anti-whites would talk about classism, or focus on groups that had better group outcomes such as Jewish and Asian.

It's about anti-white genetic based racism and the search for the final solution.
WE definitely speak to these topics in my Diversity Class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies