Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 10:58 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

democrats are their own worst enemy when they try to shove political correctness down people's throats. People want freedom to say and do what they want, not to be coddled like little snowflakes and be told what they're saying is so offensive.

Throw in the refugee crisis in Europe and the globalist parasites who have an agenda to infect developed nations with third world garbage, and Trump was really an anti-globalist vote as well.

Legal immigration is great, forced immigration of refugees and parasites is not.

Plus, well it was Hillary. They should have forced her out and nominated someone else. They could have easily done it by bringing her up on criminal charges and having Joe Biden or someone take her place. They were overconfident. Never be overconfident and take an outcome for granted. They played chess and lost.

Deal with it.

I'm sure the republicans will do stuff to **** me off now the next 4 years.. they have their own set of things they like to try to be all morally righteous about and try to regulate because they think people are too stupid to handle themselves (actually you just have to follow the money trail and see why these things are illegal)... watch them try to pass all sorts of stupid bills like making stealing an american flag a felony or rolling back rights on gay marriage, state marijuana laws, etc. They are just as out of their minds as democrats. Only the moderates and social libertarians have sanity.

More personal freedom good.. less personal freedom bad.. neither party understands this. I have a feeling if Trump is not careful in keeping his appointments in check, that I will get sick of republicans by the end of 4 years. I hope not and they do a good job maintaining personal liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 11:02 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So are you approving of his cabinet picks? He is placing people in these positions that have their own self interest in mind. Rex Tillerson, really?! He does business with Russia and doesn't believe in global warming.

Rick Perry to lead the Department of Energy, the very department he once wanted to eliminate.
But he couldn't remember which department it was at the debates. He may need to have a "special assistant" to help him find his way to the office every day.

I'm sure Tillerson knows very well that global-warming is happening, but his business is selling as much oil as possible. Just as the people running the tobacco companies were very much aware that smoking caused heavy amounts of cancer, long before anyone else gave it much thought. The interests, health and survival of the people have been pushed to the side, with all Trump's cabinet nominations. I guess those values fall into the category of "political correctness", which rightists vow to obliterate.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,532 times
Liberals always look to blame others and never take a moment for serious introspection..

Hillary was the worse candidate any party has ever put forth in modern history. I always thought it was Dukakis but Hillary takes the cake.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:12 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Based on many of the responses in this thread, it would seem that there are a lot of people who really do want to do harm to their fellow citizens. Whether that harm takes the form of economic hardship or loss of health insurance or stagnation of wages or a myriad of other things, they want to see it happen.

I think that they have somehow convinced themselves that if these things happen, that their lives will be enriched in some way.
Or at least they will be able to tell themselves that the so-and-so next door won't be getting over on them anymore.

All of the perceived affronts and losses and persecution that they believe they've experienced will be avenged by the Trumpian angel who will swoop down and punish those interlopers who had the nerve to believe that they had the right to be treated fairly and not be subjected to name-calling or housing discrimination or workplace harassment...

They took "Make America Great Again" to mean "they will finally get theirs and we'll be on top again."
Lots of bitter, angry people in this country who cannot wait to inflict all sorts of retribution that they believe they've been prevented from unleashing.

So yes, they have done, do and will make decisions based on what will **** people off because they are nihilists at heart just like their idol.

Nobody wants to do harm, they want to PREVENT the harm of collectivist thieves who convert into law the evil premise that it is OK to steal private property from one citizen to give to another. And why? Because the moocher states that he needs it. They want to PREVENT the harm of allowing people whose stated philosophy is the destruction and annihlation of others - as a central theological premise. And who even seek to destroy their own when they do not choose to conform to the tyranny of their primitive mysticism (dominating and subverting women, killing gays, killing atheists, killing apostates, etc ad infinitum). They want to PREVENT the harm of illegal aliens overrunning the border and making demands and vampiring off the host society, without the common courtesy of even learning the spoken language.

So please, how dare you assume that pure and healthy motives such as these are "doing harm". They are doing good and doing what is right. And yes, doing what is right sometimes means exclusion and discrimination of people from foreign lands whose values are not only incompatible with our own, but incompatible WITH HUMAN LIFE.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:22 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
100% because I am pro-life.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:35 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
I think the Trump vote goes like this:

I hate everything going on in my life and feel that the president is responsible for it... Let's blame THOSE people and try to ruin THEIR lives!
You know, instead of working with their governments and getting engaged in politics in a facility that is more than voting...

You know, like volunteering... Or polling...

The Trump vote is evidence that the "snake oil salesman" mentality is still well and alive in America and those who refute those conspiracies are seen as "pretentious" or "self-righteous".

...Which is idiocy.
The thing you say that I'd take issue with is that all Trump voters, or everyone who sees things differently than you is an idiot. Some Trump voters may indeed be idiots, or perhaps as your candidate put it "a basket of deplorables"....but not just because they voted for Trump, or because they politically, or just life in general, see things differently than you.

I' know plenty of people who voted for Trump who are far from being what you'd typically call "an idiot".

I was demoralized by the choice I had to make....between a loud mouth buffoon, and a sleazy, slippery crooked, elitist politician....with vast experience in being a slippery, sleazy politician. Someone who boasted that she had private positions and public positions.

One of the traits I actually like about Trump, as crazy as he is, you know exactly what he is thinking at any given time, because he tells you. It's not always pretty, and certainly isn't always politically correct (yeee haw on that alone), and it changes from time to time. But, it's refreshing to occasionally know what someone really is thinking at that one point in time, whether I agree with them or not.

If you continue to think everyone who votes differently than you is in some way defective, or an idiot, you're starting from a false premise, and any thought that comes as a result of that first thought, will most likely be in error and lead you further from the truth....whatever the hell the truth actually is. Truth be told, I have no idea why individual people voted for Trump, I just know they are NOT all idiots.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:38 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
1. Against Abortion/ Right to Life
2. National Security/Border Protection
3. Supreme Court nominees
4. Religious Liberty, traditional values
5. Economy/jobs/keeping things in America

Old 12-19-2016, 11:44 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,532 times
first, Im a life long Republican.
second, hillary was the worse candidate to ever run.
Third, Supreme Court. Like the force, there must be balance and liberal appointee would skew the court (and yes, i believe the inverse as well)

Old 12-19-2016, 11:45 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Why are the left continuously and incessantly churning this up?

I have a better questions for you: Why are progressives not outraged that MSM colluded with the DNC to shoe-in Trump? They intentionally gave Trump billions in free advertising in the primaries, made the rest of the candidates look like fools as often as they could. They didn't want their queen having to run against Rubio or Cruz because she would have had an even harder time.

Why aren't they outraged that the DNC crushed the Bernster ignoring millions of their own voting base?

Fast forward, the entire thing blew up in their faces.

Why are you blaming the right for how poorly the left did?

Take a look in the mirror. THAT is why Trump won.
Lack of knowledge say, "Why couldn't you just voted for a sane candidate like Rubio? Hell, even Ted Cruz" and IGNORES that people DID vote for Cruz and Rubio and the MAJORITY did NOT but, voted for Trump.

They had there chance and LOST.

Just MORE sour grapes, IMO.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:18 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I personally find it very interesting all the Trump supporters now shouting loud and proud that their candidate won. It is very interesting to read why some people voted for Trump.

Honestly to me it is baffling. I could have accepted any of the other Republican candidates, but Trump is dangerous to the democracy. He is like a bull in a china shop. I don't like the state of our nation now. Hillary and Trump were awful candidates, however I could never in good conscious vote for Trump.
Who cares?

liberal tears
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies