Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 12:51 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The ghettos are bad for everyone. No one should be there. Ghettos have been around ever since cities have been around. Race relations have always been bad. This goes back to the days of this country. I look at things based on history. Many things have gotten better. As bad as things are, they are better than in the 1960s or before. I think some things just don't change. For as much as I would want things to change, I know some people will not change. I know that despite the fact that I'm not a hood rat, and most Blacks are bad people, there are those who are going to hate Blacks no matter what. For as much as I wish hood rats would quit being hood rats, I feel like that won't change. I know this from having a few family members like that. Some people just won't listen. I have a childhood classmate who got wrapped up into drugs and hood rat living. He wouldn't listen to me, he won't listen to his family. Some people just won't listen. What do you expect me to do?

The way I see it, Blacks are affected by the ghettos the most because they live there in higher numbers than anyone else. That said, a majority of Blacks don't live in ghettos. Many who have done well for themselves have chosen to go for greener pasture elsewhere. You go where you can survive. Many Blacks have learned that the ghettos are bad for their survival, and have left. When you rise above your own environment, you go elsewhere.

I don't think there is a lopsidedness. I see blame going in both directions. I hear on on the city-data forums all the time. I can start with the threads that start with "why are Blacks....". One reason I find Trump revolting is his retweeting of a Neo-Nazi tweet that had some falsified crime statements regarding Blacks, and then he said he doesn't check his sources. I figured "he got caught and has to come up with an excuse".

Truth is, I get sick and tired of having to answer for the worst of the worst. I don't live in that environment, I would never live there, I didn't grow up in the ghetto. I'm the product of a Black middle class family that lived in a predominantly White, suburban environment. Whatever I know of the ghetto I would know from what my father tells me about his old neighborhood, and whatever I learned from history classes, a sociology class, and from having a nutty relative. I work in a rough area, but I stay in my office for the most part. I know about as much about the ghetto as anyone else and only from an academic sense.
.................................................. .................................................. ...................................
"there are those who are going to hate Blacks no matter what."
But their hate may well be based on how TV presents blacks via news clips. This is a large segment of the black population.

"The way I see it, Blacks are affected by the ghettos the most because they live there in higher numbers than anyone else. "
True, but at one time Irish, Germans and then Italians all lived on those ghettos. The last 70 years the blacks have occupied them. Asian ghettos? There are some Spanish ghettos.

"I don't think there is a lopsidedness."
Haven't you noticed since Trumps win all the anti white postings and news media stories? That is what I meant by lopsidedness. Sure whites had slaves but it was blacks that captured those that were turned into slaves. You rarely hear a comment about that. Also other countries had and some still have slaves. But only the USA is taken to task for slavery.

"Truth is, I get sick and tired of having to answer for the worst of the worst. "
I am kind of doing it to you now and would apologize except your responses are reasonable and valuable. It is refreshing to have a conversation like this with you. I hope your "type" of changing black citizens of our country is successful. My "type" of always changing white citizen needs exposure to your group in order to keep things in perspective. Ghetto riot news clips do NOT make whites desire blacks for neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 12:55 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
The worst parts of Chicago can easily be a few blocks from a nice neighborhood in Chicago, thats true with alot of cities and places. Gentrification only changes neighborhoods and sends the problems somewhere else, the problems are still there. Stop and frisk and strict gun control made NYC a much safer place than it was, its much safer than Chicago, or at least they did when a republican was mayor.

If people didnt like the gun laws or stop and frisk policies they had in nyc, they were always free to move.
Notice that I don't live in NYC. I don't want to live there specifically because it has a fascist-lite way of governance.

I value freedom. Stop and Frisk is an affront to that. Again, why should I be willing to give up essential liberties? What is in it for me? Last I checked, as a Black man, I have a higher likelihood of being subjected to S&F than anyone else.

And crime was dropping in NYC before S&F got implemented. What has made NYC safe is gentrification. NYC got hyper-expensive and alot of people had to move.

Seattle is safe, no S&F there, and the guns laws are more lax compared to NYC. Baltimore has strict gun laws, and is in a state with strict gun laws. Maryland borders PA, which also has strict gun laws. PA borders NJ, one of the most draconian states in terms of gun laws. Baltimore and Newark have some scary murder rates.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:46 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
The worst parts of Chicago can easily be a few blocks from a nice neighborhood in Chicago, thats true with alot of cities and places. Gentrification only changes neighborhoods and sends the problems somewhere else, the problems are still there. Stop and frisk and strict gun control made NYC a much safer place than it was, its much safer than Chicago, or at least they did when a republican was mayor.

If people didnt like the gun laws or stop and frisk policies they had in nyc, they were always free to move.
Bull. Policies like stop and frisk do not belong in the city or in this country. I am white, worked in the city for years, lived across the creek in NJ all my life. I witnessed S&F twice in Manhattan in the business areas where I worked. It was painfully obvious that it was a game to "demonstrate" to scared businesspeople that the cops were on the job keeping these young black kids from stealing their wallets and snatching their purses. It was done on busy streets and made visible for all to see. These kids were humiliated and looked terrified. How does that do any good? How will that color their view of law enforcement and white people?

New York was always at the fore of freedom and human rights from its earliest days. S&F and that idiot Giuliani are a period of embarrassment and shame for our greatest city to which we should never return.

I worked in Manhattan for more than 30 years. I was never afraid to walk down its streets.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:59 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Because the only other option was Hillary or two other independent nutjubs (One who didn't even know what Aleppo was). And Hillary is just another extension of the crap we have had the last 8 years. Hillary is only a benefit if you're real rich or real poor, If you're along the hard working middle class forget it.

Id rather take my chances with Trump since we already get a repeat of the last 8 years with Hillary. And outside illegals, lazy people, or the rich globalists WHO WANTS THAT??

Rubio was nothing but a canned, scripted goofball with no beliefs and couldn't even win his OWN state vs. Trump. . Like Hillary. She has no real beliefs. She's just another lying snake. I like Cruz but he was never gonna win because he didn't have enough appeal to the masses so it was pointless to vote for him.

Last edited by DorianRo; 12-26-2016 at 02:09 PM..

Old 12-26-2016, 02:05 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I worked in Manhattan for more than 30 years. I was never afraid to walk down its streets.
Yeah, but you lived in some (likely very white) New Jersey suburb. You didn't have much skin in the game.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yeah, but you lived in some (likely very white) New Jersey suburb. You didn't have much skin in the game.
Whatever that means. But, for the record, I did live in a mostly white neighborhood for about half the time and in very mixed neighborhoods the rest of the time.

You are disregarding the point that the S&F demo was for us white folks who worked in the area so we didn't have to be ascared of the black boys who passed us on the sidewalk.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Whatever that means. But, for the record, I did live in a mostly white neighborhood for about half the time and in very mixed neighborhoods the rest of the time.

You are disregarding the point that the S&F demo was for us white folks who worked in the area so we didn't have to be ascared of the black boys who passed us on the sidewalk.
Why were the "black boys" used to demo for you "white folks"? Had there been some crimes committed by blacks?

Old 12-26-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Why were the "black boys" used to demo for you "white folks"? Had there been some crimes committed by blacks?
Seriously? It was perception and fear. That is what S&F IS.

No one I knew had a crime committed against them in that neighborhood. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. That's beside the point.

Even if someone had been mugged by a black person, it would still NOT BE OK for cops to randomly stop a group of three or four black kids/young men line them up with their hands up against the building wall, and go through their pockets and personal effects JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK.

As a side note, those same streets have young white junkies nodding on the sidewalks holding their cardboard signs asking for money for "a bus ticket home" on every block. Why weren't the cops doing something about them?

Old 12-26-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
As a side note, those same streets have young white junkies nodding on the sidewalks holding their cardboard signs asking for money for "a bus ticket home" on every block. Why weren't the cops doing something about them?
"Doesn't mean it didn't happen. That's beside the point. " It sure is the point. What made the cops feel they were making you guys feel safer?

The white junkies were never the subject of S&F?

Old 12-26-2016, 03:19 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Notice that I don't live in NYC. I don't want to live there specifically because it has a fascist-lite way of governance.

I value freedom. Stop and Frisk is an affront to that. Again, why should I be willing to give up essential liberties? What is in it for me? Last I checked, as a Black man, I have a higher likelihood of being subjected to S&F than anyone else.

And crime was dropping in NYC before S&F got implemented. What has made NYC safe is gentrification. NYC got hyper-expensive and alot of people had to move.

Seattle is safe, no S&F there, and the guns laws are more lax compared to NYC. Baltimore has strict gun laws, and is in a state with strict gun laws. Maryland borders PA, which also has strict gun laws. PA borders NJ, one of the most draconian states in terms of gun laws. Baltimore and Newark have some scary murder rates.
Parts of NYC are expensive because people want to live there again, there was a 85% reduction in crime in New York City between 1994 and 2013 when stop and frisk was in place and helped change New York City from one of the crime capitals in America to one of the safest large cities in the country.

Comparing the ny safe act for gun laws and nyc incredibly harsh sentences for carrying a gun and places like baltimore,pennsylvania and new jersey are absurd, if you are caught illegally carrying a concealed weapon in manhattan or one of the boroughs , there is a very good chance you are going to prison. These other cities like baltimore,camden,newark etc are 50 years of Democrat mayors and Democrat controlled poverty

Not wanting to live in ghettos is fine, neither do Obama, Beyonce, Deray mckesson etc, but alot of these rich celebrities like beyonce and blm dont mind talking about "our community" and exploiting the inner city though they wont nothing to do with it and live far away from the ghettos.

These celebrity left wing scum criticize police in the inner cities who have to deal with this social decay every day, while the black rich and middle class wont nothing to do with the ghettos but still love to talk about police brutality in "our communities"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies