Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 04:36 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Bill Clinton: Trump 'doesn't know much'
that's ok, because that's what we need right now. Someone who will come in and bulldoze through business as usual and make some changes.

That he doesn't know what he doesn't know is a very good thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 04:56 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Mr Trump knew enough to know we don't do "coronations" in the USA - the Presumptive Queen felt entitled to the Oval Office and the Corporate Media was her enabler.

Mr Trump knew enough to understand that the Middle Class was left behind and ignored and the poverty/Minority Class was used as Cannon Fodder and noticed only at Voting time.

Mr Trump knew enough to go into the Communities that were hurt the most and TALK to them, LISTEN to them - the Presumptive Queen could not be bothered to do that -- she attended Gala Fund Raisers and vacationed in the Homes of the Elite Wealthy.

Mr Trump knew enough to craft his own message, in his own way and NOT allow the Corporate Media to scare him away from his message by calling him Nasty Names.

And Finally ...... Mr Trump never attacked (either physically or verbally) Americans who disagreed with him.
His message was "Make America Great Again - For Everyone" ...... his opponent sliced/diced and never talked about "everyone".

Bill Clinton used to be known as the best Politician - the guy who understood and could talk to the "regular folks". I wonder what happened to that man - I don't think he would have completely ignored the State of Wisconsin with ZERO visit. I don't think he would have refused to send resources to Michigan when they begged, he would not have refused to go to Michigan when they told him that the campaign was in trouble and Hillary could LOSE.

And LOSE, she did. The "Let Them Eat Cake" arrogance did them in.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:56 PM

409 posts, read 258,576 times
I've never quite understood the strategy of insulting someone you lost to. If Democrats were smart they'd be complimenting Trump and attempting to raise expectations, instead all they've done is lower the bar so much all he has to do is not be Hitler II and he'll cruise to reelection.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:33 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
I've never quite understood the strategy of insulting someone you lost to. If Democrats were smart they'd be complimenting Trump and attempting to raise expectations, instead all they've done is lower the bar so much all he has to do is not be Hitler II and he'll cruise to reelection.
They are so corrupt that they have never lost before, so they don't know the rules.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
Not only this, but what is the benefit (to Democrats/Clinton supporters/left-leaners) in calling those of us who supported Trump racist/xenophobic/misogynistic/neo-nazis? Not only have they not met us (meaning they make these vicious claims in the absence of any evidence), but a wise strategist would want those on the other side to join their side in future elections. Can you think of a less effective way of getting people to join your cause than maligning them despite never having met them?

If someone supported Clinton, I might express frustration or bewilderment but I won't insult them. I'll try to make the case for why conservatism is a better approach but the dumbest thing to do would be to insult that person.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
Bill - "Trump doesn't know much"

Niether did Barry the community organizer

Old 12-20-2016, 09:51 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
The Clintons are HISTORY!

Old 12-20-2016, 10:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Bill - "Trump doesn't know much"

Niether did Barry the community organizer
Enough to get re-elected, to reverse the recession, near depression. Reverse massive unemployment numbers, return the stock market from the dumps. Managed just nicely, thank you.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:12 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The Clintons are HISTORY!
I hope you're right. No way they try to push Chelsea through, I believe we as a country are done with them and the obamas............forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies