Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:16 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times

Advertisements

Michael Moore in 2020 or maybe he's too practical and responsible. Or governor Brown of California or maybe he's too conservative. Nancy Pelosi or maybe she's too young. So many choices... but not many under the age of 75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 10:22 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
If Bernie Sanders runs again, he'll get the votes.

I think Tulsi Gabbard is the candidate. She's a woman who offers something to everyone.

I'm not buying that enough people would like Keith Ellison.
Never heard of Tulsi. Hope he's not another undercover Muslim like Obama. The country ain't goin' down another road like that.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I love Corey Booker, I was lucky enough to meet him twice! but I do not think he will be a good choice in 2020 but I would love to be proved wrong.
I don't have anything bad to say about the guy. Great speaker when I heard him at the convention. But unfortunately I think that Obama might have put future black candidates at an unfair disadvantage in at least the next general election (2020). I know people who voted for Obama in both 2008 & 2012 but they are very concerned about how race relations seem to be at it's worst & I think they might be hesitant to vote another black candidate in so soon.

Granted I think the race problems we have in our country at the moment are the fault of both whites & blacks. But I think many people voted for Obama in hopes he could bring whites & blacks together more and that obviously did not happen. So while it's not fair for Corey Booker at all I think he should wait till at least 2024.

I also think in order for the Democrats to get back into the White House they need to realize that they need the white middle class voter. A lot of white voters were turned off by Hilary & Bernie when they chose to talk about how whites basically have it easy compared to POC. So by nominating another black man for Democratic candidate (in 2020) might not be the best strategy if you want a good shot at winning. Of course I could see him beating Trump. But that is if Trump actually ran again which it would not surprise me if he left or was impeached before then.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Never heard of Tulsi. Hope he's not another undercover Muslim like Obama. The country ain't goin' down another road like that.
The comment you are responding to literally says "she's a women" and you somehow still referred to her as he.

LOL

Old 12-19-2016, 11:13 PM

638 posts, read 310,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I don't have anything bad to say about the guy. Great speaker when I heard him at the convention. But unfortunately I think that Obama might have put future black candidates at an unfair disadvantage in at least the next general election (2020). I know people who voted for Obama in both 2008 & 2012 but they are very concerned about how race relations seem to be at it's worst & I think they might be hesitant to vote another black candidate in so soon.

Granted I think the race problems we have in our country at the moment are the fault of both whites & blacks. But I think many people voted for Obama in hopes he could bring whites & blacks together more and that obviously did not happen. So while it's not fair for Corey Booker at all I think he should wait till at least 2024.

I also think in order for the Democrats to get back into the White House they need to realize that they need the white middle class voter. A lot of white voters were turned off by Hilary & Bernie when they chose to talk about how whites basically have it easy compared to POC. So by nominating another black man for Democratic candidate (in 2020) might not be the best strategy if you want a good shot at winning. Of course I could see him beating Trump. But that is if Trump actually ran again which it would not surprise me if he left or was impeached before then.
We likely won't see another black president in our lifetime. Obama saw to that by setting us back 40 years with race relations. Since that wasn't enough he figured he may as well try to turn half the country against the police as well.

People just won't take the chance of accidentally electing another racist with an ax to grind. That's kinda sad, but no one can seriously blame them after this 8 year fiasco. Because he not only showed us what a racist he is, but he also pulled many others out of the closet that no one really thought was in it. Oprah Winfrey, Will Smith, etc. It will be at least 50 years.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post

I somewhat agree with the rest of the post, but not the part I chose to quote. Hillary clinton won the popular vote.

A majority of the voting population was just fine with how Hillary talked about white people( which I honestly dont remember her doing).

Old 12-19-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
We likely won't see another black president in our lifetime. Obama saw to that by setting us back 40 years with race relations. Since that wasn't enough he figured he may as well try to turn half the country against the police as well.

People just won't take the chance of accidentally electing another racist with an ax to grind. That's kinda sad, but no one can seriously blame them after this 8 year fiasco. Because he not only showed us what a racist he is, but he also pulled many others out of the closet that no one really thought was in it. Oprah Winfrey, Will Smith, etc. It will be at least 50 years.
You are defining someone as racist for simply calling out racism and prejudice. That makes no sense.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:18 PM

638 posts, read 310,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are defining someone as racist for simply calling out racism and prejudice. That makes no sense.
The same way I'd advocate for the prosecution of someone who yells "fire" in a crowded theater over a lit match.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:22 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I somewhat agree with the rest of the post, but not the part I chose to quote. Hillary clinton won the popular vote.

A majority of the voting population was just fine with how Hillary talked about white people( which I honestly dont remember her doing).

I don't remember what she said. Might have had something to do with how racism is still alive & well. Granted that might be the truth but a lot of white people are tired of having to feel like they are part of the problem instead of the solution. It's never about how white people have done this or that in helping POC. It's always the negative that gets in the spot light & that's what white people are tired of.

But she also did other things that just seem to be a slap in the face to many whites. Bringing mothers on stage that were killed by police even though they were breaking the law. I don't want to get off on a tangent here and yes she did have more votes than Trump. But we all know the popular vote doesn't matter. If it did Trump would have spent more time in blue states like California & New York.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I believe that The Orange One will be a one-term president.

So who on the Democrat side will step up and run for the nomination?
Donald Trump winning this election changed the 2020 calculus about who is going to run.

Im sure if you pull up predictions from 2012 about 2016 , Most of us at least got "who would run" right. (yes, Trump made a lot of list after he toyed with running in 2012).

Now that he has not only run, but won, there will be people we never expected running for the Democratic nomination.

I would put my money on the "money" LOL

Cuomo in my opinion,is heir apparent to the front runner position based on his ties to the Clintons, the Kennedy family( he married one), and the fact that his father was one of the last of the the Liberal Lions.

Steve Bullock, governor of Montana will likely run.

Sherrod Brown as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies