Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 03:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

An unusually high number of junior-level civil servants in the U.S. National Security Council are looking for other jobs over concerns about President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, according to current and former officials who spoke with The Guardian.

Report: NSC Facing Staff Exodus Over Michael Flynn

Whatever their reasoning, it seems that many of the 400 or so foreign-policy experts who work on the NSC (but aren’t political appointees) aren’t sure it’s a good idea to stick around.

Guess they don't want to be around when the Fox News Commentators and Flynn take charge.

Monica Crowley joining Trump administration | TheHill

Trump's Newest National Security Staffer Once Suggested Obama Lied About Being Black | Mother Jones

#DrainingTheSwamp

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content...813.cached.jpg

Old 12-20-2016, 03:31 AM

102 posts, read 56,355 times
Fynn is out of his league in the job. he's a tactical guy, not a strategic guy. I worked with him at ISAF and he was good as a 2 star, but he would say stuff in meetings from time to time that would cause us to grin and shake our heads....

Trump doesn't understand the way govt works and the processes that feeds it.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
GOOD !!!

Get them out of here !!!

Old 12-20-2016, 06:07 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Fake news...

Look at the source -- NY Mag -- a liberal rag that does 24/7 smearing of Trump.
No facts, but anonymous officials "told the Guardian"....

Old 12-20-2016, 06:23 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
"junior level civil servants" = foreign policy experts lol
Anyway, how has americas foreign policy been working with these "experts" at the helm?
I'm skeptical of any story claiming voluntary mass exodus of govt employees from their cushy unproductive tax feeder jobs because they don't like who the president is.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:30 AM

102 posts, read 56,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Anyway, how has americas foreign policy been working with these "experts" at the helm?
I'm skeptical of any story claiming voluntary mass exodus of govt employees from their cushy unproductive tax feeder jobs because they don't like who the president is.
True that. Like 90% of the foreign service was opposed to Iraq yet nobody retired over it.

but the foreign policy community is up in arms about Trump. i walked into the Embassy the day after he won and the career people were almost in tears.

trump is not well respected by anyone --right or left--who works in foreign policy.

flynn and KT Mcfarland are seen as over the hill has beens and light weighs..if not downright insane.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:40 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
An unusually high number of junior-level civil servants in the U.S. National Security Council are looking for other jobs over concerns about President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, according to current and former officials who spoke with The Guardian.

Report: NSC Facing Staff Exodus Over Michael Flynn

Whatever their reasoning, it seems that many of the 400 or so foreign-policy experts who work on the NSC (but aren’t political appointees) aren’t sure it’s a good idea to stick around.

Guess they don't want to be around when the Fox News Commentators and Flynn take charge.

Monica Crowley joining Trump administration | TheHill

Trump's Newest National Security Staffer Once Suggested Obama Lied About Being Black | Mother Jones

#DrainingTheSwamp

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content...813.cached.jpg
That's good news...new jobs for serious people and the rest is gone. Drain the swamp by the swamp draining itself!

Old 12-20-2016, 06:42 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Great and spot on post.....

Old 12-20-2016, 06:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infostream View Post
Fynn is out of his league in the job. he's a tactical guy, not a strategic guy. I worked with him at ISAF and he was good as a 2 star, but he would say stuff in meetings from time to time that would cause us to grin and shake our heads....

I have to note this.......Trump won because of how the government works. The people wanted someone that would upset how government works.

I hope Flynn doesn't get confirmed but I support these "security experts" getting jobs elsewhere also. Wal Mart security seems to be the place for them to go.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infostream View Post

Ahh, that's why he managed to beat 16 very experienced GOP politicians and sent Hillary Clinton packing.

LOL

You guys are funny that you can't see what the eyes show you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies