Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:15 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama is a simpleton who just signs whatever they put in front of him. Probably these guys have a deal going with the feds and this is part of the deal.
Deals with the government are done under Section 5(k) of the USSC Guidelines. Never gets to the White House - it's handled by a District Court Judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 12:20 PM

6,748 posts, read 3,364,822 times
Of the many things Obama has done, including being buddies with a terrorist state like Iran and a communist country like Cuba, freeing all of these felons is one of his more egregious acts against the safety of America. You can add freeing terrorists from Gitmo to that list as well, many of whom going back to killing Americans.

It became clear a long time ago that Obama has no sympathy or cares about the American people. He cares more about illegal aliens and Muslim refugees than our own citizens and he can't be gone soon enough for my liking.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:20 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
Here's some numbers I'd like to see... What are the numbers by race, for those that are being let out.
And isn't it rather ironic that a large number of those that were commuted used guns in their crime, making it a violent crime... The real irony here is that he (BHO) has been wanting to crack down hardest on violent crimes, yet those are who the majority of sentences were commuted....
Ever look at that and just wonder????
Be careful throwing race into this mix. For lots of reasons, that skews the argument into 'untrue' land.

For example, in 1985, I was running a drug squad in South Florida. Jesse Jackson was on the evening news leading marches in Miami about how the white drug dealers were destroying black neighborhoods with this new thing called 'base rock' cocaine (crack). Only problem was, there weren't any white crack dealers. Every dealer we knew about was black (the Latinos didn't touch crack). That minor fact didn't stop the community activists from getting President Clinton to sign the Crime Control Act in 1994 as a measure to stop whites from exploiting blacks. But the result was that most of the crack dealers sentenced were black.

I would steer clear of anything racial in this debate. Too many pitfalls for me - and I was there.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:23 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,723 times
My point was made.... whenever anybody of any race (you don't know mine - I don't know yours - ) says anything negative about BHO, they are labeled a racist... I think the guy's a bozo - and he couldn't properly manage a lemonade stand - and my saying that I'll have racial spears thrown at me left and right.... but that's ok... anyone throwing them doesn't know me - who I am or why I think that... bottom line is because, it's the truth. I'll be more than happy in knowing when this community organizer is out of 1600.... good riddance!

Old 12-22-2016, 12:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, you haven't been paying attention for the last 8 years? Sad.
Obviously I paid more attention to the truth and facts than you managed, understandable.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:39 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What nonsense. Obama hasn't pardoned many. In fact he is well below historical norms. Educate yourselves people.

Presidential Pardons
Your 'source' (undated of course) says the "educate yourself" Obama pardon total is 64.
I hate to bust your little bubble, but even the White House doesn't agree with you - a few days ago, they announced an additional 78 Presidential Pardons and 158 commutations.

Obama's record is "Grand Legacy" impressive -- his totals are more than the last 10 Presidents combined

Poor guy has to find his "Grand Legacy" wherever he can. Letting criminals & terrorists out of prison seems a reasonable place to start/finish.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Your 'source' (undated of course) says the "educate yourself" Obama pardon total is 64.
I hate to bust your little bubble, but even the White House doesn't agree with you - a few days ago, they announced an additional 78 Presidential Pardons and 158 commutations.

Obama's record is "Grand Legacy" impressive -- his totals are more than the last 10 Presidents combined

Poor guy has to find his "Grand Legacy" wherever he can. Letting criminals & terrorists out of prison seems a reasonable place to start/finish.
I hope as soon as he bails out of 1600, he'll go on a search for it. Maybe he could call OJ; it'll be with the killer of his ex-wife.
He could always go back to his roots and search for it in Keyna?...

Old 12-22-2016, 12:48 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Somethings seriously off with the sentencing guidelines for drug offences.
they usually sentence black people harsher because...ya know.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:56 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What nonsense. Obama hasn't pardoned many. In fact he is well below historical norms. Educate yourselves people.

Presidential Pardons
Absolute nonsense. Per Whitehouse.gov.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016...serving-second

Last edited by shadowne; 12-22-2016 at 01:16 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Absolute nonsense. Per Whitehouse.gov.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016...serving-second
and now look at how many commuted sentences he's given....
Run and hide all you want but he's commuted more than any president in history... that's 43 others, if you lost count.
Oh, and check your link - it's now no longer valid... I wonder why?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies