Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 12:51 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You can't make this up, folks. After railing about Clinton operatives supposedly selling access in return for donations to the Clinton Foundation, we have news today that Trump's sons are doing the same with the new Prez. For a million dollars donated to a just formed nonprofit that does not disclose donors names, you can get a Trump visit for 16 people to an inaugural event. $250,000 gets you a face to face with Trump and a photo op. Drain the swamp, indeed!

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016...resident-elect
Dear God, the dems have doubled down on the stupid.

The donations are for an event where Trump, and his sons may be at the event.

Seriously, the fake news from the dems on here is getting out of hand.

From your article.

Kinzie also said the information in the brochure posted by TMZ.com was not entirely accurate — he did not specify what was incorrect — and he added that the participation of Trump family members is not confirmed.

Noble cautioned that the details of the event and its association with the new nonprofit listing the Trump brothers as directors are still unclear.

Last edited by stburr91; 12-20-2016 at 01:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 12:54 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
You folks on the left seriously need to give it up. There is no liberal on the planet that will ever influence a conservative. WHEN Trump screws up, and he will because no one is perfect, not to worry, we'll call him on it. You see we're not like liberals. We WILL hold our own accountable. We don't defend criminals. We prosecute them.

I think that point was made. The Republicans just flushed their old guard. I find the tea-bagger connection to Trump quite laughable. Trump was the day neocons and tea-baggers died. Trump took in the old center left rust belt and formed a new broad based populism with idealistic as opposed to ethnic nationalism. Meanwhile the Democracts failed to stage a revolt in the old guard with HRC and seem to be the most recalcitrant and partisan among us. Its not looking good for them if they continue. There only hope is if Trumps fails horribly. I will certainly turn on him if he does , especially in the form of corruption.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
"...a lot of money to go to sportsman’s charities"
I can see why the liberals are confused. They aren't used to seeing people with "charity" foundations actually use the money for charity...so they of course think that every time a charity pops up with a political, (or newly political) name attached to it, it's for nefarious reasons.

In fact, all of their whining took money away that was going to be raised for a children's hospital simply because the NYSlimes cried that it was "unethical" for Ivanka Trump to have an auction at a coffee house.

I'll remember that the next time any liberal puke wants to spout something is "for the chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildren". They don't give a s--- about kids.

Liberals are complete mental cases these days and should seek therapy....preferably shock therapy.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I can see why the liberals are confused. They aren't used to seeing people with "charity" foundations actually use the money for charity...so they of course think that every time a charity pops up with a political, (or newly political) name attached to it, it's for nefarious reasons.

In fact, all of their whining took money away that was going to be raised for a children's hospital simply because the NYSlimes cried that it was "unethical" for Ivanka Trump to have an auction at a coffee house.

I'll remember that the next time any liberal puke wants to spout something is "for the chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildren". They don't give a s--- about kids.

Liberals are complete mental cases these days and should seek therapy....preferably shock therapy.
Don't forget that all the dems stated over, and over again that selling access was perfectly legal, and they had no problems with it.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:01 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Agreed and the article did not name Don Jr directly involved. The Difference is the Clintons had a direct line from the CF (Mills & Huma) while bill was embezzling millions from the Haiti Relief!
The Rightists have been saying that the Clintons were past history and to forget about them. But they certainly have found them handy in their attempts to excuse Trump's corruption, by making claims about them. Not much misbehavior has ever been found about them and even less prosecuted, but Trump barely makes any pretense about his, running money-making rackets in plain sight. He and his family obviously think they're immune from being held accountable.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:02 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You can't make this up, folks. After railing about Clinton operatives supposedly selling access in return for donations to the Clinton Foundation, we have news today that Trump's sons are doing the same with the new Prez. For a million dollars donated to a just formed nonprofit that does not disclose donors names, you can get a Trump visit for 16 people to an inaugural event. $250,000 gets you a face to face with Trump and a photo op. Drain the swamp, indeed!

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016...resident-elect
I was initially very skeptical as I had never heard of the Center for Public Integrity but they appear to be a legitimate watchdog group which accepts not government funds or advertisers (which is always a good sign) so maybe this story has some legs.

Center for Public Integrity - SourceWatch

It will be interesting to see as more information comes to light.

I think this one also warrants some sort of response from the POTUS elect or his administration even if it is just a denial.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The Rightists have been saying that the Clintons were past history and to forget about them. But they certainly have found them handy in their attempts to excuse Trump's corruption, by making claims about them. Not much misbehavior has ever been found about them and even less prosecuted, but Trump barely makes any pretense about his, running money-making rackets in plain sight. He and his family obviously think they're immune from being held accountable.
You dems insisted that selling access was perfectly legal, and that you had no problem with it when it was the Clintons doing it.

The story, as always is unconfirmed, and the event organizer publicly stated that the participation of any members of the Trump family was not confirmed.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your fake news.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:12 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
More fake news. Now that the recount and electoral vote revolt is over.

yeah, I was wondering what the next move was for the dems, just one fake thing after another. It's getting so tiresome, I wish they would just take their crying rooms off the grid.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:13 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
You folks on the left seriously need to give it up. There is no liberal on the planet that will ever influence a conservative. WHEN Trump screws up, and he will because no one is perfect, not to worry, we'll call him on it. You see we're not like liberals. We WILL hold our own accountable. We don't defend criminals. We prosecute them.
I'm not a "liberal" but I don't believe this for a second.

With that said, I do think Trump has made enough GOP enemies that when he screws up bigly there will be an impeachment effort.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:20 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
More fake news. Now that the recount and electoral vote revolt is over.
Prove it. You can't because there is plenty of corroboration upthread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
More fake BS from dumb ass liberals.
Prove it. You can't because there is plenty of corroboration upthread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
yeah, I was wondering what the next move was for the dems, just one fake thing after another. It's getting so tiresome, I wish they would just take their crying rooms off the grid.
Prove it. You can't because there is plenty of corroboration upthread. Time to smell the coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies