Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 10:51 PM

421 posts, read 204,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Scond: I think you forgot doubling of the Fed. Debt. Now almost 20 TRillion dollars.
You're right, i forgot that one

What's it up to now? 23 trillion?? I lost count a few years ago

Obama took the "national credit card" and was like a kid in a giant toy store, spent spent spent with reckless abandon and broke the bank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 11:00 PM

421 posts, read 204,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
Scend57, I think your tin foil hat is a bit loose
I see you leftists have nothing to say for yourselves or your "messiah", as expected

I'm right, you know

Everything i pointed out about Obama is true. Just get off the internet, look around you, and see for yourself

Old 12-26-2016, 11:11 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,072 times
The ignorance is laughable in this thread.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:38 AM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Follow the money.

Illegal immigrants not only will work for low wages and no benefits at all, they lower the bar for everyone. This benefits the wealthy. It's why Republicans have always balked at penalizing employers for hiring folks sans documents.

Free trade and H1B visas undercuts American workers and benefits the wealth.

Financial meltdowns offer terrific business opportunities. Trump, bless his soul, let it slip during the debates. 1938 and 2000 we had Republican presidents, House, and Senate. Guess what else did we had -- Wall Street meltdowns.

Workers who have unemployment benefits, guaranteed health insurance, Food Stamps, etc. are less likely to be forced into working like serfs. Who stands to gain from eliminating these? You got it.

Tax cuts for the wealthy? Who benefits?

Opening public lands for oil pipelines, etc.? Who benefits?

Eliminating environmental regulations? Who benefits

I could go on, but you get the picture.

Look at what Republicans support, then follow the money.

The only time the Republicans (who claim to be all about getting government out of your business), stray from this is when they push for eliminating access to birth control and abortion or get all up in people's bathroom business despite there being no problems whatsoever with who uses which bathroom. But that's just to whip up voter enthusiasm among the gullible.

Follow the money.
Thank you. Clearly, in a weak moment, I'd been attributing some humanity to these characters. My bad. It is always all about the money. Pitiful.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:54 AM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
Obama is pretty bad, i can't think of another president where *all* of the following was true at the SAME TIME

- rents astronomically and UNREASONABLY high versus the low wages of most of the population, average rent is like $1000/month even for a crappy 1 bed with no AC or amenities, that is unsustainable

- home ownership at RECORD LOW levels, it's a nation of renters under Obama, also house prices unreasonably high (bubble) despite the crappy Obama economy

- despite ^this^ national affordable housing crisis, all of Obama's new regulations on banking/finance industry have made getting loans harder and more complicated, hurting poor/middle class renters even MORE (as they are unable to qualify for mortgages and thus escape the rent trap)

- homelessness and # of homeless dudes standing on street corners UP

- over 94 million Americans not in the workforce, on welfare, or both

- American child hunger UP, as the broke paycheck-to-paycheck parents struggle to pay their bills, insurance, student loans AND afford decent food at the same time

- divorces, bankruptcies, foreclosures, debt collection lawsuits, tax collection lawsuits, etc all UP

- marriages, in-tact families, communities, social cohesion, all DOWN

- slow disappearance of WELL-PAID full time salary jobs, simultaeneous rise of "part time low-wage economy", "temporary contract" gigs, and widespread deadend $10/hr McJobs

- seems like it's 1000-1500 job applicants per 1 job opening under Obama, *UP* from 200-300 job applicants per 1 job opening at the height of the crash in 2008/2009

- huge segments of the country's youth shackled by well over $1 TRILLION in student debt, these youngins have a high debt-to-income ratio and thus cannot qualify for mortgages (and thus are "stuck" renting forever)
ALL OF IT due to the Bush 2008 crash and the following Great Recession - the likes of which hadn't been seen since 1929.

We were losing almost a million jobs a month. This started under BUSH.

There was no way to dig out from under that in less than eight years - especially BECAUSE OF GLOBALIZATION AND TECHNOLOGY.

This is not 1982. It is 35 years later. Recoveries of the past are not valid benchmarks in today's global world - where labor is getting less valuable and cheaper by the second.

Quote:
- meanwhile, healthcare is more expensive than ever and gets worse every year, YUUUGE deductibles that render even insurance plans useless
The GOP could have attempted to make the necessary fixes, but refused to do so b/c they hated Obama from the day he took office. Mitch McConnell - night of inauguration "goal is to make Obama a one-term President." It's amazing the country has done as well as it has.

Quote:
- drug use, drug abuse, escapism (social media addiction, video game addiction, etc) all UP as people try to "cope" with all the ^above^ economic misery, stress, and depression
This had very little to do with misery and had a lot to do with medical malpractice and drug runners.

Quote:
- rise in incidence of "lone wolf mass shooters", no doubt also (somewhat) related to all the Obama economic misery and hopelessness referenced above^
That had little or nothing to do with economic misery and a whole lot to do with mental illness and, in a few cases, radical Islam. Everyone of the white shooters had mental problems going back way earlier than when Obama took office.

Quote:
- he single-handedly set "race relations" back like 50 years, country is more racially divided now than ever thanks to Obama and his constant race-baiting and "racial" rhetoric
I don't disagree with of this. He didn't admonish and set the proper example where needed.

Quote:
- cronyism, corruption, graft, "pay-for-play" schemes all UP under Obama's rule, his administration was also chock full of Wall Street/insider types
You ain't seen nothin', yet. List the "pay for play" - please. Be specific.

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if the ^above^ are the final results of "change we can believe in", i want a time machine so i can go back to "the backwards olden' racist days"

It's like, Bush had his faults and Clinton had his faults, but i don't recall "everything" being bad under either of them

On the other hand, I can't think of a SINGLE good thing that came out of this Obama presidency. He makes Bush/Clinton look like heaven in comparison
Yikes - how old are you???

Not one good thing?? The stock market today has tripled since Obama took office. I am definitely a whole lot better off now than I was in 2008.

So, you want to go back to 2008 and stay there, do you??? Almost a million jobs lost a month, foreclosures in the millions, food stamps, poverty.

The Great Recession of which began in 2008 should last forever.

THAT would be BETTER??

Do tell.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:04 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Bush was bad, Obama just took it to another level of terrible. All that debt he ran up, Obama. But statistics show, percentage wise.. blacks run up most debt, so not suprising that the first black prez, would run up debt more than everyone else combined.
Really? I seriously doubt YOU will have to pay any part of the Federal Debt yourself !

We have only had ONE Black President so where is the RECORD of BLACKS running up a DEBT especially within the Federal Government since they are only about 13% of the population and have no control over the Goverment?

Did you forget that DUBYA paid for the WARS in AFGHANISTAN & IRAQ on "Supplemental Budget Emergency Bills" every Year with his Republican controlled Congress?
To pay for those WARS and where he kept those off the yearly BUDGET until when President Obama was Elected and he added those DEBTS to the real BUDGET ?

All of a sudden our DEBT skyrocketed and doubled the DEBT ! Obama also had to rescue Wall Street and Detroit hence the Debt but I guess you would have prefered the "White" guy in Romney who said "Detroit" should go "BANKRUPT" instead ! and his family was from Michigan to boot !

Did you forget that DUBYA also passed a "PRESCRIPTION DRUG BILL" for MEDICARE without "FUNDING" it either...???

Thank you for your Racist opinions ! Wait until Trump wants to build "Infrastructure" and the G-NO-P says "NO"!

BooYah !

Old 12-27-2016, 05:45 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
Interesting seeing Lincoln. In my OP I said "probably" because Lincoln is the other one I was thinking of as America's worst
Let me see honest Abe Lincoln freed the slaves !!!

However George Washington and Abe Lincoln have a national holiday in their honor President Day...go figure will ya!!!!

Old 12-27-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Facts prove his failure.
Gun sales have never been this high .ever.
And why is that he is a lame duck president ???????????????????.?????????????????????

Old 12-27-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I hardly griped about him at all. You can find no long record of me on this forum taking down Obama. However my conclusions what it is. I loathe John McCain and refused to support Romney. I was more or less Obama leaning given the alternatives. Just tell me one great thing Obama did.
He took out the worlds greatest terrorist!!!!

Old 12-27-2016, 06:04 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
With a 90% right wing participation, what do you think the answer would be? How many of these threads are you going to post? It seems like I've seen at least 3. Of course you all are going to Jump on the Trump bandwagon just like you all made excuses for Bushes screw ups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies