Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 12:36 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Because it is YOUR JOB!!!! You get paid to sing, not give an opinion about your HOST. If I pay your fee, I should be able to hire you. Your "art" is not a part time hobby.
http://www.mydoorsign.com/blog/wp-co...ign-S-7385.gif

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 12:37 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Every day there seems to be someone to be eager for their 5 min of fame to declare they don't want to provide clothes or sing for the President or his family and an actor who believesthe voters will listen to them.

How many more fools will step up to the plate to announce their own destruction and being part of the laughing stock.

The voters clearly didn't care about the media lies and Clinton campaigns false news.

Todat it is Swiss/Canadian Celine Dion who feels she is important again.

I wonder how well her Vegas show is going..but keep in mind she has millions so she doesn't care now unless like many celebrities they come to face reality that their spending is higher than what's coming in. How many have died with way less than we thought they had. Usually some smart manager will help then to unload.

They vote and have a right to their opinion,just as you do .If they want to use what is available to them to make their opinions known let them.Just as you use anything available to you to let yours be known.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:53 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it is not moral. Neither is cheating on your wife.

Government denying the right of association is not moral either. The entertainers should do as they please.
Just to be clear, you believe that it is moral for businesses to refuse to serve people based on their race, disability, religion, etc.?

For example, you think it is moral for a business to refuse to serve black people?

Or have a sign in their window that Jews are not welcome?

Old 12-25-2016, 12:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Just to be clear, you believe that it is moral for businesses to refuse to serve people based on their race, disability, religion, etc.?

For example, you think it is moral for a business to refuse to serve black people?

Or have a sign in their window that Jews are not welcome?
I believe it is more immoral to outlaw their right to do so.

Do you believe it is moral to refuse to date a black man simply because you prefer white women?

Entertainers should have the right to freedom of association.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, I understand the performers better than the designers for some reason. If I were a designer, I would want Melania to show off my product.

Trump and his recent cabinet appointments stand for everything that Hollywood A listers are against. They are creative people with plenty of LGBTQ members as well as women's rights.

Trump burned a lot of bridges in his divisive campaign. Now, he doesn't like the effects of same.

Too bad. Let's see if he can fix it.
Letting Melania wear your clothes is like saying "I approve of the Trump
Administration."

Not many designers want to be allied with an administration so divisive. That's all. Melania has a great figure and would otherwise be fun to dress, I'd imagine.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
False, a business should be able to turn down customers for any reason whatsoever. A business is not a job.

Funny , how on this thread liberals and conservative positions are both diametrically opposed to their views on a bakery's decision not to bake a wedding cake.

I am always consistent, businesses should be able to turn down customers for any reason, including race, sexual orientation and politics.
Why? You think it's okay for the only doctor in town to refuse to treat gay people? Black people? How about the only grocer or the only auto mechanic?

Not everyone lives in a place with lots of options.

That opinion is truly alarming. We'd still have segregated water fountains in a country like the one you want.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I believe it is more immoral to outlaw their right to do so.

Do you believe it is moral to refuse to date a black man simply because you prefer white women?

Entertainers should have the right to freedom of association.
Dating is not a business transaction.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It seems the so called celebrities are planning their own concert to distract Trump's inauguration.

That will be hilarious not to watch!
Oh, people will watch. Even people who held their noses and voted Trump.

Not all his votes were from fanboys.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:12 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why? You think it's okay for the only doctor in town to refuse to treat gay people? Black people? How about the only grocer or the only auto mechanic?

Not everyone lives in a place with lots of options.

That opinion is truly alarming. We'd still have segregated water fountains in a country like the one you want.
Actually, no on the doctor. In the case of medical services the state has a substantial interest in private companies taking all comers.

Segregated water fountains were enforced by laws. In my world that is not allowed. Governments can neither enforce or force segregation. This ain't that complicated.

Slavery to Jim Crow 350 years of blacks being denied the right to freely associate was the result of your world where government can deny basic natural rights.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:12 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
So, help me to understand; I'm a famous singer/musician who dislikes everything Trump stands for, but I'm supposed to perform at his inaugeration? Why would I want to do that? It's not like I need the money and I risk having people assume by performing that I support him? Why would I put myself in that position?
I guess trump doesn't have the threat of losing billions in government contracts to hold over their heads, so no real reason to put themselves in the position of having to kiss his...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies