Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 02:18 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
It's your problem ,not hers.
No, it's not. Many people don't accommodate racists. Do you disagree? Do you believe racists like Michelle Obama should be accommodated?

Old 12-25-2016, 02:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Define redistribution and please use a clear example to explain.

Redistribution is the involuntary or distressed transfer of income or wealth from one set of people to another set of people. (Remember, corporations are people too.) Voluntary, undistressed transfer is called trade.

A clear example is the ongoing redistribution from the Rent Serf Class to the Property Class.

The Property Class makes possible this redistribution through property laws (zoning etc) which maintain a shortage of housing affordable to the Rent Serf Class, thereby enabling the economic law of supply and demand to funnel boatloads of cash and wealth to the Property Class. Because shelter is a human necessity, this upward transfer is not quite involuntary but it is distressed.

This housing shortage is NOT effected by the Landlord Class (a cashflow-seeking subset of the Property Class) but by the Homeowner Class (a lifestyle-seeking subset of the Property Class). The Landlord Class wants to expand the supply of housing in order to increase cashflow, while the Homeowner Class believes their neighborhood is not big enough for homeowners and renters to coexist in both quantity and proximity while maintaining the lifestyles to which homeowners believe they are entitled.

Last edited by freemkt; 12-25-2016 at 02:48 PM..

Old 12-25-2016, 06:50 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
If Bush hadn't gone into Iraq, the world would be an entirely different place. I will admit, Trump has got a hell of a mess in the Middle East to deal with. That said.......

Obama is being crucified for attempting to close Guantanamo, for not leaving a stabilizing force in Iraq when there was NO WAY to do that despite what Faux News, that wingnut Mike Flynn and other destroyers of civil discourse say (I've listened to enough military and foreign policy experts on C-Span over the past eight years to know truth from fiction on that issue) - but, of course, to accept fact is to face an uncomfortable and inconvenient truth, so the only alternative is to make stuff up, deny reality, throw stones and say the ENTIRE EIGHT YEARS was a failure.

IT WASN'T. Despite GOP attempts to destroy, destroy, obstruct, destroy and obstruct, bring down the government, ruin our credit rating - somehow, Obama succeeded in bring back the country from the abyss.

Are you better off today than eight years ago?? I sure am - and I'm retired - and my financial situation is way better than it was eight years ago. Everyone I know is better off today than they were eight years ago.

Unfortunately, that is soon to change. Trump will destabilize the world. Domestically, Trump will let Ryan/Price begin the dismantling of/increased unaffordability of Medicare, erode SS, throw people off Medicaid, further undermine labor, further degrade education, run up huge debt in tax giveaways to the rich and unfunded wars (some things never change) - eventually leading to economic collapse. So, millions will not be better off in a few years, and that will, for sure, will hit the poorest Trump voters the hardest.

Nope, it's all downhill from here - and will happen very quickly. Elections matter - and this one will prove to be an unmitigated disaster for the country and the world.
I was only debating the war comment. Obama engaged a lot more than he had said he would. He made choices and he will have to live with those choices, he can't blame them on anyone else. He will live with his statistics, good and bad.

Trump is now in the same position, and promising to get us out and keep us out of constant worldwide wars. I hope the choices he makes as president actually reflect his current sentiment unlike Mr.Obamas change of heart after being elected to office. I'll watch and hope.

As for the rest of what you've said, I won't be able to tell if Trump does a good job for the country at least in my eyes until he's actually served a term. I'll let you know then.

I can't tell if someone would be a good president until they've actually been president. Until then it's speculative by emotional design. Forecasting Trumps presidency on emotional speculation isn't healthy or beneficial to me so I don't feel the need to partake in it.

Since Mrs. Obama has served her position as first lady already I will comment. I don't think she should have been so divisive in tone or speech. I wished she had really exemplified unity. That would have been a beautiful place for her to go but she didn't choose that path. Now she'll live with that.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:55 PM

545 posts, read 594,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Because she is a low class scum bag, just like her husband.
Plus she is a secret transsexual by the name "Michael"!

Old 12-26-2016, 06:30 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
People shouldn't be shocked that Michelle Obama is defending her husband's legacy. It is fair game however to say that she did it in a totally classless manner unbecoming of a First Lady. Even then, it is easy to see that it came from bitterness over Hillary's loss and knowing that on day one Trump will start undoing her husband's damage.

Take away the politics and her racism and she's probably a pretty nice person.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:04 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
YES. The uninformed lefties and race baiting libbies IGNORE this FACT at all costs! They hide from it. Obama and his party are supposedly the champions of poor people, the working class, and the middle class yet they FAIL to explain why income inequality and the wealth gap is WORSE than ever.
You explain it, please. Exactly what SHOULD have been done? Specific programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It is going to be a long four years for you.
And, for you. If you survive it. I'm not sure any of us will. You've elected a know-nothing monster who blows like the wind depending on who has talked to him last. He is the most unfit person intellectually and morally of any candidate we've seen. In short, our PEOTUS - is a POS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies