Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 09:08 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The store is said to be planning on banning this woman. Good riddance, we don't need ignorant people like that making arses of themselves in public.

What started this? I believe a friend of the woman being serviced at the counter, walked up to her gave her some additional items to transact.

What's the big deal? I see this all the time, maybe a wife or husband will walk up and have a few additional items they want to transact. They're together, it's not cutting in line. And what's the need to engage in all the racist stereotyping and b.s.?

I'm sure some here will think what's the big deal and nothing wrong with what the woman was moaning about. I think that says a lot about these kinds of people.

"Go back where the f*** you come from": Shock racist rant as woman launches sickening tirade against shopper - Mirror Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH0tko77Kb8
Disgusting what this woman said BUT I would like to know what occurred prior to this...but in the end this woman is very wrong and disgusting in how she portrait herself.

The mall seems to ban her for life. That to me sounds a little harsh as where is a 2nd chance?
Doesn't she pay a price by having her face all over the internet and TV already.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:13 AM

72,875 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
She is an internet star! lol
Kind of like that woman from Cheektowaga,NY who screamed racial slurs at a guy and then threatened him, all the while he was in his car. She became famous.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
For those trying to deny the white supremacists have come out of the closet and that hate speech and behavior is rampant with the election, here's an example.

It's actually the entire mall, which is privately owned, that is seeking to ban her from the mall. Which they should. She shouldn't be allowed in the company of decent people.

But hey...what a snappy outfit and hairdo she has, huh? A true example of the "new" Republican. Who do you think she voted for in the election? Hmmmm. I can't imagine!

Trump has empowered the worst amongst us and the refrain of "Go back to where you came from" seems to have been reawakened during his campaign and election.

Teachers say they are seeing the 'trump effect' in their classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I see Trumpers continue to support the rights of free speech. I voiced my opinion, based on what she said many times to the other shopper. It was not just one snide comment. It was a lengthy spat of awful name calling, culminating in one of the Trumpers' war memes: "Go back where you came from!" A true Trumper. She doesn't have to be wearing the red cap to be identifiable.

It is the election of Trump that unleashed all that hatred onto our co-citizens, our neighbors. He made it okay to be, as he and Trumpers put it, "not pc." I'm sure this woman considers what she said to be just "not pc" talk.

A leader has to be very careful with the language he uses, because the public will take what he says and magnify it and use it as an example to be free to say and do things they would not have done before.

Trump runs off at the mouth. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. And this woman now feels she has the stamp of approval for her to run off at the mouth about immigrants.

It's not particularly partisan, to observe and call something what it is. You like plain speaking, I thought, since you're a Trumper. Well, there it is. Plain speaking. Calling things what they really are.

NOT - when it is unflattering to them. Then, as you can see, they take GREAT offense. Perfect example of dishing it out but not being able to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Fa La La La La, La La La La

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-23-2016, 09:19 AM

7,443 posts, read 6,989,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The store is said to be planning on banning this woman. Good riddance, we don't need ignorant people like that making arses of themselves in public.

What started this? I believe a friend of the woman being serviced at the counter, walked up to her gave her some additional items to transact.

What's the big deal? I see this all the time, maybe a wife or husband will walk up and have a few additional items they want to transact. They're together, it's not cutting in line. And what's the need to engage in all the racist stereotyping and b.s.?

I'm sure some here will think what's the big deal and nothing wrong with what the woman was moaning about. I think that says a lot about these kinds of people.

"Go back where the f*** you come from": Shock racist rant as woman launches sickening tirade against shopper - Mirror Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH0tko77Kb8
Why did the migrants cut the line?

Old 12-23-2016, 09:23 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,538,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No he doesn't. Where are you getting that?
Powerful man calling a powerless hispanic woman "Miss Housekeeping."

Stating that Mexicans coming to America are murderers and rapists, and some may be good people, maybe.

Powerful man using position to call powerless hispanic woman "Miss Piggy."

Red faced and shouting about immigrants.

Statements at rallies encouraging physical violence of supporters toward protesters at rallies "take 'em out on a stretcher." And "I'd like to punch 'em in the face." And "like the good ol' days of the 1950s."

Paid legal settlement of millions for employment discrimination based on race.

Rhetoric that caused the KKK to support him for President.

The failure to make a public statement right away disavowing the KKK's support. To the contrary, he stated that he would have to look at the groups individually because there might be some good groups in there.

Numerous broad statements on deportation and a "deportation force" that isn't measured and qualified in any way, or stated in a serious, calm manner.

This is more than enough to encourage bigots & racists to feel free to take the tone and rhetoric used by the powerful role model, who has made it acceptable, and magnify it to fit their own daily needs in verbally attacking others they think might be immigrants (legally or illegally...doesn't matter). Esp. hispanic.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:25 AM

7,179 posts, read 4,744,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Old woman said learn English. Can't argue with that.
The old woman said more than that.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:33 AM

7,443 posts, read 6,989,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Surly, rude and overall nasty people have been with us forever and they have been acting like this as well. Sometimes a manager will intervene, sometimes other customers clap when the cretin leaves. This is nothing new and now the idiots can live forever in infamy on the web.
It's rude to cut in line.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:39 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not surprised that woman went on a racist rant. I got targeted earlier this year by some bigots screaming racial slurs at me, in front of other people. This could happen anywhere. This bigoted behavior is all over.
I have to agree. Last month a passenger in a passing car threw a half full beer bottle at me and shouted "F- TRUMP!"

What the hell made them think I voted for Trump? Prejudice and bigotry, which are reaching epidemic levels, largely due to the press and social media which are stoking passions for dollars and 'likes'.

(and for the record, I sure as hell did NOT vote for Trump or any other authoritarian)

Old 12-23-2016, 09:39 AM

20,629 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Its pretty rude to kidnap and torture people too. It guess its pretty comparable. You can always find white people saying mean things and you can always find blacks kidnapping , raping, torturing and murdering.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e83ab700b788

Old 12-23-2016, 09:44 AM

72,875 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
It's rude to cut in line.
It is also rude to shout racially motivated stuff at people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.