Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 06:56 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Do you live in the south? I don't think you do so all you are doing is expressing a bigoted opinion based on who know's what. Its not "xenophobic" nor "racist" to want to keep our nation American. The south has been integrated FAR longer than the north has. Opinions like yours by painting an ENTIRE region as "racist" is EXACTLY why Trump won. We are tired of the attacks on our country on our language on EVERYTHING American by those liberal elitists,by all means keep it up it just means Trump wins again in 2020.
I lived in the south and faced this bigotry. I am an American just like you but in the south, people like yourself only view white Americans as Americans. And this is why Trump's win has encouraged a lot of white supremacist groups to emerge. Your beliefs are not even American, they are Nazi German.

And remember a Democrat won the last two elections by a landslide. Trump barely won this one. Keep this up and the minorities will show up to vote like they did for Obama in 2008 and Trump will have no chance. You got lucky they decided to stay home because they thought Hillary had the win already.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:57 PM

325 posts, read 153,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
You sound cranky! Feliz Navidad!!!

In my area we speak English and Spanish everywhere in public, none of the White people give a rat's ass. There are more important things to get upset over.
Well maybe that's the norm there. Its not here. Its rude no matter what language you are speaking in when its at a kids Christmas play and they are singing Christmas tunes! If people want to move here they need to learn to adapt to OUR way of doing things or LEAVE.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I lived in the south and faced this bigotry. I am an American just like you but in the south, people like yourself only view white Americans as Americans. And this is why Trump's win has encouraged a lot of white supremacist groups to emerge.

And remember a Democrat won the last two elections by a landslide. Trump barely won this one. Keep this up and the minorities will show up to vote like they did for Obama in 2008 and Trump will have no chance. You got lucky they decided to stay home because they thought Hillary had the win already.
They didn't show up because your candidate was HORRIBLY uninspiring. Again you call us White Supremacists Trump calls us AMERICANS! That's why we won. We wanted it more,we are TIRED of the racist slurs. MAYBE sometime in the next 4 years that will be learned by the left but I am not holding out much hope,nor do I particularly care.People call me names I just smile and say OK cool! It drives them crazy.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:01 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times
Quote:
I'm a realist. We want to pretend that Kentucky is like California and people share the same values. Sorry, it's not. No one should be surprised to hear an old woman in Kentucky rant like this nor should they be surprised to see that not one person there defended the woman and instead allowed her to talk to that woman like that. The people there who watched should be ashamed but they secretly espouse what that woman said.

We need to stop extending political correctness to the south and pretend they don't espouse bigotry. It is very much a part of the culture in the south and rural areas in this country.
That's awesome, I'm a realist too. And apparently so is the old gal in the JC Penny in Kentucky.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Well maybe that's the norm there. Its not here. Its rude no matter what language you are speaking in when its at a kids Christmas play and they are singing Christmas tunes! If people want to move here they need to learn to adapt to OUR way of doing things or LEAVE.
Our way as in Nazi facism? This is exactly why I don't live in the south or rural areas because the people are mostly uneducated and lack any sense of culture. This is why I get letters from cities in the south trying to recruit me because doctors (educated people) don't want to move to your area. No one wants to live near bigotry. That is why it will always be the "dirty south" and why the best universities and academic institutions in the country are on the coasts and upper midwest.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
It's harassment, some follow people to their cars, keep yelling in their faces. I don't know if she would be charged, but it might shut her up right away and stop her from doing it again. She feels empowered and entitled to do it- her power needs to be removed and people have the right to stick up for themselves and be treated with respect.
Cutting in line isn't exactly treating people with respect.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Our way as in Nazi facism? This is exactly why I don't live in the south or rural areas because the people are mostly uneducated and lack any sense of culture. This is why I get letters from cities in the south trying to recruit me because doctors (educated people) don't want to move to your area. No one wants to live near bigotry. That is why it will always be the "dirty south" and why the best universities and academic institutions in the country are on the coasts and upper midwest.
Our way as in SPEAK ENGLISH. This is America after all. This is small city Western North Carolina. Speak English. You are obviously bigoted against Americans who want America to stay American so I won't continue to waste my time. Things are gonna change whether the Anti American left likes it or not.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
That's awesome, I'm a realist too. And apparently so is the old gal in the JC Penny in Kentucky.
She is a realist. That person should get the hell out of Kentucky and move to a more civilized part of the United States. I read her loud and clear

Old 12-23-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Our way as in SPEAK ENGLISH. This is America after all. This is small city Western North Carolina. Speak English. You are obviously bigoted against Americans who want America to stay American so I won't continue to waste my time. Things are gonna change whether the Anti American left likes it or not.
It amazes me that people can be so insecure and unintelligent that they become offended that someone is speaking a language other than English. Then again, people who are poorly educated and traveled will share those feelings so I'm not surprised that some people feel that way. They can't help how they were raised or who their parents were. A person raised in an educated family in a tolerant society would not think that way.

Yes I discriminate against bigots. You won't hear any opposition from me. I don't consider your views American but rather something else...such Nazi German or fascist. What you embrace is not American in my opinion.

We agree on one thing. People in that part of the country are bigoted and minorities should not live there. I would never choose to raise my family there because of the people there.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
So progressive of you. There is a whole bunch of us who don't want to live in the bigotry of the coasts or the upper midwest.

Some of us are even educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies