Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:29 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,483,166 times

Advertisements

Just another loon. There are loons everywhere.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:33 AM

39,008 posts, read 27,392,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Since my wife has never encountered racism in 40 years and she depends on my paycheck it seems like the smart thing to do. I have never encountered a racist Trump supporter yet. Yes, I see them on videos along with dwarf bowling.
lol

Old 12-23-2016, 05:44 AM

16,951 posts, read 12,507,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh please. These types of people were doing this already. No one "came out of the closet", they've been out, but liberals didn't really care much until just now.
QFT. Puhlease.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Perhaps. And as you say, for now. An astute observation, to be sure.

But...

My experience with humanity is that people who hate one different race tend to hate all different races - it's not the specific race they hate, as much as it is the fact that it's different.

My wife is 5'2", the sweetest, kindest, gentlest, most trusting, loving, accepting, unsuspecting soul I've ever met. She trusts everyone she meets, because she literally cannot imagine that anyone would wish ill upon someone they don't even know. Her mind just doesn't work that way, and that's one of the reasons I adore her so.

But she's also Asian, and very beautiful (a former model; I just stumbled across a stock image of her on the internet again yesterday). She draws attention. She smiles constantly, warmly and happily like the sunrise, and for some reason there are people who don't seem to like that at all. and, she's disabled - in a wheelchair most of the time we leave the house. She's vulnerable (both emotionally and physically), I adore her. I'm protective, and I'm one of the nastiest, most ruthless and vicious mofos you ever met in a streetfight, and... I fear it's just a matter of time. Some jethro is going to say exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time, and by the time they bring him around in the emergency room, he won't even be able to remember the last few minutes that led up to him losing consciousness.

So, who knows what the future holds. I suspect it holds more ugliness and menace than beauty and joy, nut maybe I'm wrong. I just don't expect many pleasant surprises in the next few years, so I'm overpepraring for the unpleasant ones.

And besides - she doesn't look classically Chinese. She has strong, Lucy Liu-type features, which are often mistaken for Indian or Mexican. So, i imagine it's just a matter of time.... somewhere, sometime, someone's gonna figure that the 30-something old slope in the wheelchair is safe to have at because that 60-year old dude with her can't have that much going on, and... it's going to get mighty ugly; but only for a few seconds. Anybody who pulls any racist crap on her is going to wake up thinking that this would have been a good day to stay home in bed.
I agree with whogo, you need to relax.

Your wife is disabled, you say. Well, someone will always view her differently.

This said, Dave Willis once said, Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

Minorities have always been minorities. No president can "trigger" a non-racist into doing something out of character. Good people always treat others with respects, and human dignity; racists DO NOT change.

White supremacists have always voted strong border-security guy. Trump is a border security guy, so of course they are going to vote and support him, this is not really "news" and it shouldn't surprise anybody.

I've also modeled and I am 5'7". I am mixed, unlike your wife. So my experience might be different from hers. I've been to at least one dozen countries and my favorite place is southern small towns, believe it or not. I've always been seen as the "same", having a kick ass Marine as a brother certainly helped when I grew up. I just don't see "race" the same as everybody else, and I have super thick skin. I am no way vulnerable, and I will deal with a bully when I want to. LOL . Also, (I am not trying to implying anything, so please don't read into what I say) I don't view every guy who approaches me as a guy who is romantically interested in me. LOL Not every guy is a punk, a pervert, a racist, etc. Just treat everybody with respect, the way you want to be treated. Life is easier this way.

My grandparents and parents taught me "pick your battle" Someone and something are not worthy of my time and energy. I have more important things to worry about.

I understand why some might worry about Mr. T's presidency. I certainly will not tell everybody how to think. But I think they worry too much. America is Democracy, America has laws. Racists have never been anything different. They are always racists. Just because we have seen more "videos" on yourtube, doesn't mean we all of sudden have more racists. Doesn't work this way.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-23-2016 at 06:01 AM..

Old 12-23-2016, 05:59 AM

5,039 posts, read 6,320,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Old woman said learn English. Can't argue with that.
That whole 'English is not the official language of America' thing again? It's not the official language. That would be the first thing to address before you go down this road.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:06 AM

11,914 posts, read 6,498,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
For those trying to deny the white supremacists have come out of the closet and that hate speech and behavior is rampant with the election, here's an example.
A true example of the "new" Republican. Who do you think she voted for in the election? Hmmmm. I can't imagine!
Okay, under your rationale, then who can deny that all the democrat racists have also come out of the closet?
A lot more of them here. And instead of just vocal insults, they want to actually kill white people.
A true example of the "new" Democrat???!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZjeQhWMZ_0

Old 12-23-2016, 06:19 AM

404 posts, read 384,147 times
She should have left race out of it and just called the woman out for cutting in line. Also, the clerk should have made the woman that cut get to the back of the line.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:26 AM

404 posts, read 384,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
I never understood the "go back to where you came from" counter. Whites weren't the original people here either
I know right!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:28 AM

sheesh, what if the lady is just a traveler?

Buying local boosts economy — and residents' well-being

It is justified to be mad when someone has cut in the line and made you wait; but seriously, don't mention all those "welfare" stuff because it might not be true.

It is not always good to be an internet star. lol

Old 12-23-2016, 06:32 AM

72,837 posts, read 62,229,798 times
I'm not surprised that woman went on a racist rant. I got targeted earlier this year by some bigots screaming racial slurs at me, in front of other people. This could happen anywhere. This bigoted behavior is all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.