Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 08:15 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Maybe he can get some country singers. Blake Shelton? Reba McIntyre? ...

Then there's Wayne Newton, who is a Trumper.

They've gotten one person so far. A young woman with an operatic voice who won American Idol a few years ago.
As I recall, she was runner up in America's Got Talent. Got to wonder how any opera aficionados there are among Trump supporters. I understand she has a sibling who is transgender, so this has got to be a difficult decision for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she backed out and blamed harassment.

Reba McIntyre would never do this. She's no fool.

I do wonder why Wayne Newton hasn't been announced. Surely, he would say yes and he would be perfect for an administration that wants to resurrect the past.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Can't wait for the SNL version of the inauguration ball.
You and me both.

SNL hasn't been this good in years.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:16 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"A ‘freedom concert’ to air at the same time as the inauguration — with huge celebrities like Beyoncé and Jay Z, Madonna, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Gaga, Bruce Springsteen, and so on,” Reich wrote. “Alec Baldwin MC’s the event, playing Trump as he does on SNL.

Inauguration concert proposed with Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga | Miami Herald
Oooh, Reich is getting sparky!

Old 12-23-2016, 08:22 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
As I recall, she was runner up in America's Got Talent. Got to wonder how any opera aficionados there are among Trump supporters. I understand she has a sibling who is transgender, so this has got to be a difficult decision for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she backed out and blamed harassment.

Reba McIntyre would never do this. She's no fool.

I do wonder why Wayne Newton hasn't been announced. Surely, he would say yes and he would be perfect for an administration that wants to resurrect the past.
Maybe she'll do it because of her sister. Trump: Transgenders can use whatever bathroom they want!
Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want - POLITICO

Old 12-23-2016, 08:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I don't think entertainers are turning down Trump because of his politics. If that were the case no Republican performers would have performed for Obama.
Entertainers are turning him down because they may have met him or actually know him and they just don't like him.
Face it Trump voters when it comes to likability nobody really likes Trump, you voted for him because you didn't bother to get to know him. Like the celebrity's have.
i dont know if i like trump or not, never having met the man, however i voted for him because i did not want that evil, via, lyingl witch that was running against him in the white house ever again.

Quote:
"A ‘freedom concert’ to air at the same time as the inauguration — with huge celebrities like Beyoncé and Jay Z, Madonna, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Gaga, Bruce Springsteen, and so on,” Reich wrote. “Alec Baldwin MC’s the event, playing Trump as he does on SNL.

Inauguration concert proposed with Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga | Miami Herald
that concert may backfire in the end.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:26 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,346 times
To punish Hollyweird Trump should dump 50k Syrian rapefugees into Malibu.

Give 'em that up close and personal diversity they suspiciously live nowhere near, you know?

Old 12-23-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Maybe she'll do it because of her sister. Trump: Transgenders can use whatever bathroom they want!
Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want - POLITICO
As you know, Trump says a lot of things.

His selection of Pence for VP sends a clear message.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Backfire how?

Are you thinking that a lot of Perry fans are Trump supporters? Lot of Lady Gaga fans voted for a Russian stooge?

Old 12-23-2016, 08:35 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont know if i like trump or not, never having met the man, however i voted for him because i did not want that evil, via, lyingl witch that was running against him in the white house ever again.

I predict it will backfire as well. It is being done out of spite and that is a very unstable foundation for anything.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:36 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
So people need to be punished for preferring another candidate?

Really?
Yep. This is the world we live in today. Welcome to Trumplandia. Disheartening, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies