Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 11:22 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I am an "artist" type. I fantasize a lot and I'm very aware of reality..in fact my line of thinking is above many neurotypicals. This is not always a good thing. If you are aware of reality like I am it's easy to get depressed. The more in touch with reality you are the more depressed you get.
Also if you really thought about it there is no guarantee that reality is always 100 percent reality. If you look into philosophy, you will see what I mean..
I am an artist myself; and I have to say it is perhaps not a very good idea discussing politics with strangers.

I don't really have much confidence in strangers or people who work with me. Plus, you never really know what "issues" people are passionate about, and MANY people (not saying all) always take random remarks personally.

Not saying ALL artists can be put in the same category of course, but my general impression about fellow artists is that they either don't care about politics at all, or they are extremely passionate about social issues.

"out of touch with reality" is just a figure of speech. What i meant is that many artists (again, not saying all) seem to let "artist" define who they are. I, myself am an artist, I am also a business owner, I came from a military family, I also grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood, I also have a lot of poor military friends who are struggling financially. So I try to put myself in other people's shoes, and I try not to use "artist" define who I am. I can only speak for myself anyway. My reality may or may not be other people's reality. My world may or may not be other people's world.

In term of George Clooney, well, I was born in 1985 and have never found him all that attractive, nor do I feel he is a great actor. He looks like a nice guy who cares about world issues, that is about it. He is entitled to his opinion about Donald Trump, but it looks like SOME folks (Him included) simply don't know the real reasons why Donald Trump won presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 11:28 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
I found Clooney's reference to refugees indicative of his -- and by extension, all liberals' -- ignorance of who exactly is responsible for the humanitarian crisis is Syria. It is, by any measure, Obama's unwillingness to enforce his own threat of a "red line" if the Assad regime were to use Sarin gas on its own people, which they did, with NO response from our President, leading to the Russian airstrikes and horrific ethinc cleansing which has taken place. American weakness, courtesy of Obama, is resulting in the continuing flood of refugees to which the clueless Mr. Clooney refers.

Clooney also refers sarcastically to "versions of facts" which plague our news reporting. Perhaps if he and his Hollywood friends would face the FACT of the outgoing administration's abdication of responsibility in the ongoing slaughter in Aleppo, they would assess Trump's victory as less of a joke and more of a richly deserved response to the utter incompetence of the Democrats' foreign policy.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 12-24-2016 at 11:59 AM..

Old 12-24-2016, 11:42 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default Dem's message... the earth is about to die and if HCGW doesn't get us Trump will!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Yup, Clooney was wrong. He didn't think that fear would be what drove our country.

Yet we elected a sociopath who will try to counter the jokes about his small hands with an escalation of nuclear weapons.

choose your read:

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/12/23/...-new-arms-race

or

Donald Trump's Call for 'Arms Race' Boggles Nuclear Experts - NBC News

OK, I'm sure there are some Roger Ailes type websites that warm conservatives hearts. But really, I don't think Jesus would have wanted nuclear escalation.

Nice job voting 'merica
Any fear mongering was compliments of the dems. Dems strategy was to instill the fear of trump in the voters. Even this post .........
"Yet we elected a sociopath who will try to counter the jokes about his small hands with an escalation of nuclear weapons."

Dems use fear to move their agenda forward. Human caused global warming uses the same stratgey of fear. Little children cringe and even a syndrome has been coined. The dems resort to fear mongering when facts fail them...... the earth is about to die and if HCGW doesn't get us Trump will!!!!! Chalk marks onthe sidewalk, "trump 2016", was enought o cause PTSD thanks to the dems indoctrination and theoretical rojection based on isolated words or sentences.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:54 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Good grief these posts are so juvenile.
when a high profile person gets in front of a camera and mic, those words and images become news. The irony of a projection falling flat is the stuff of conversation.

Perhaps you missed the fact that 2016 was a novelty election and historic in its outcome, especially in the face of establishment opposition in both parties. nov 2016 was America's Arab Spring. Nov 2016 was the American Revolution part deux.

This was Dewey beats Truman! A headline that lives forever in history we laughed at.
So much for history repeating itself and the world not listening. We live through an historic event that will forever be taught in future history classes around the world.

Somehow a guy, not a lawyer or a career pol or community organizer spent a pittance of cash against a mountain of a dem war chest, managed by veteran politicians and won against all odds.

Too bad you missed all that.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:23 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
He is a pretty boy from television that got into films. Whatever happened to actors and actresses acting and caring about their craft.

I dont think james dean, clark gable ,gary cooper, ingrid bergman ,marilyn monroe etc would be icons if they spent their time lecturing people on the glories of liberalism and the democratic party

Old 12-24-2016, 03:34 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
No, how about if our governance evolves like humanity. Some states get it with their commitment to the national popular vote:

National Popular Vote
I just don't care. There are lots of local majorities I do not agree with, Saudi Arabia coming to mind. Democracies scale poorly, if they do at all, just being a tyranny with a markable name.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:39 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
eh!! he was pretty good as iron man >>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies