Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 10:37 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
During Putin's annual 4 hours Q and A session where he answers questions from the press and so forth. He stated, "FDR ‘would turn in his grave’ at the Democratic Party of today"

I think he is right.. The party has hit a dead end. I considered myself somewhat liberal about ten years ago but Obama has changed it all for me and never again will I go back to that party.

Anyone else agree? Disagree? Lets have a nice discussion without insulting each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRg6oWLVMlY
I do not know exactly what Putin said but I think the premise is correct.

The Democratic Party of the New Deal, the party that used to look out for middle and working class people is now dead. Its gone to the extent that they insult them and call them names like rednecks and "deplorables".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 10:39 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You know RT is a Russian propaganda rag.....
I know what RT is ...So what, just because they are showing videos of Syrians celebrating Christmas and cheering for their president renders it as being false ? Ask the majority of citizens of Syria. They were happy before this whole western backed war stated by Obama. Why doesn't CNN show this? All they show is war casualties to make you believe that intervening in a foreign conflict is our national duty. Theres two sides to every story. Its your decision to research which one is BS and which one is truthful.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
During Putin's annual 4 hours Q and A session where he answers questions from the press and so forth. He stated, "FDR ‘would turn in his grave’ at the Democratic Party of today"

I think he is right..
Putin & Trump are upset the Dems are pointing out the fact that Russia played a role in the elections and they are trying to turn it into an issue about the Dem party. Not surprisingly Trump and his supporters rally around every word Putin says. The more of this Putin/Trump alliance I see, the more concerned I get. This is not going to end well.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I know what RT is ...So what, just because they are showing videos of Syrians celebrating Christmas and cheering for their president renders it as being false ? Ask the majority of citizens of Syria.
Did you ask the majority of citizens in Syria? It sure looks like you just watched an RT propaganda video, and swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Are you under the impression the people in Aleppo appreciated Assad and the Russians bombing the heck out of their city, and the people?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:50 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Thank God. If he had not, we'd be saluting a swastika.
Zee Nazis couldn't even cross the English channel.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Thank God. If he had not, we'd be saluting a swastika.
The alt-right is saluting it.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Did you ask the majority of citizens in Syria? It sure looks like you just watched an RT propaganda video, and swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Are you under the impression the people in Aleppo appreciated Assad and the Russians bombing the heck out of their city, and the people?

How about a BBC video? Is that good enough? I can get western media outlets if you prefer. BBC is the CNN of Britain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0M7Xm4nEBU

Old 12-24-2016, 10:54 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Quote:

If Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the US weren't funding and arming ISIS they wouldn't have had to bomb Aleppo.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:58 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I am not sure if FDR be rolling on his grave - but those American soliders who died would be reading all,this high five Putin crap they would be appalled be putting it mildly! I am disgusted and ask if CD is being bombarded with Russian propaganda for real

Old 12-24-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:

What a lot of PC , MSM outlets and their followers don't understand is WAR is WAR. Please tell me since World War II a instance where entires cities were not bombed with civilians in them? War changed after the Blitzkrieg in WWII. The Unisted States bombed the entire city of Dresden in World War 2 killings hundreds of thousands (not exactly counted) . Even when the war was practically over. The USA didn't face any war crimes for that...? Did they?

Do you actually think Assad wants to bomb his own people on purpose? No he does not. Terrorism is the hardest form of war to fight. People do not wear uniforms. They blend in with the civilian population. If a city is the front line and there is a war being fought there. There will be casualties....Geesh....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies