Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2016, 05:15 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I do believe its a Christian thing.
So why aren't we offering unconditional support to the Palestinians? They seem to be the downtrodden ones.

Just asking.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 12-25-2016 at 06:25 PM..

Old 12-25-2016, 05:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It's not like they pay us to protect them. Why do we need to unconditionally support them?

Could anybody please teach me a thing or two about our alliance with Israel?
I seem to have missed where anybody called for unconditional support. Can you provide a quote?

I think we should cut off all aid for Israel and let them do whatever they want with their land. They don't need our support, our money or our approval.

If I were them, I'd tell the UN to pound rocks and fully seize the West Bank and Gaza.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:27 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Even "Friends" offer criticisms, while still maintaining that FRIENDSHIP. IF a friend cannot accept "Constructive Criticism", just maybe the friend (USA), who not just supports them both monetary wise as well as Political wise..really isn't a "Friend"???

Why would anyone (or any Country) have their leader walk into a GOP Republican Congress and dress down their POTUS (BO) ...Just maybe that particular leader ( BN) was being political as well as GOP Congress to somehow produce propaganda into the electorate?

Meanwhile, Bo didn't retaliate..nor exercise similar tactics.. and of course interpreted as being weak by ALT-Right media and bloggers alike!! ..NOPE..BO showed restraint..something that will be lacking in the next 4 years..Brace yourselves folks!

Old 12-25-2016, 05:27 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
7 Reasons Every American Should Proudly Stand With Israel
. . .
Small note: in addition to the political reasons, let us not forget that Israel's enemy is Islam. Hatred for Jews is a repeated theme in the scriptures of the Koran, Hadith, Sira, and Sunnah of Mohammed.
. . .
LITTLE ISRAEL
It's quite a small area. The 7,992 sq. miles turned green in the middle of the wilderness that constitutes the New Jersey-sized country of Israel is not rich in resources. Yet the Jews invested their sweat and toil to reclaim the ruined land of their beloved home.
(Israel is a net food exporter, surrounded by net food importers, despite similar climate and soil)

Why help defend her?
Israel is surrounded by death-chanting zealots who aspire to be martyrs, from lands covering some 3 MILLION square miles and sitting on most of the world’s oil!

What about the Palestinian refugees?
The "refugees" could have easily assimilated into other Islamic countries, since they share language and culture. But that's not politically useful. They're pawns in the eternal jihad. Even if they had their own state, it would just be a base for continued attacks upon Israel.

BTW - Islam was America's enemy, too. Remember the Marine's Hymn : "To the shores of Tripoli"?

Last edited by jetgraphics; 12-25-2016 at 05:48 PM..

Old 12-25-2016, 05:28 PM

1,087 posts, read 781,729 times
All UN and world politics against Israel come from a powerful Arab influence. The rest of the world needs mideast oil and is afraid of pissing off Arab nations. It's a matter of standing up as the only justice force or just follow along like the rest of the world does.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:33 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Generally, there is an ulterior motive that we the people are not allowed to know. It is never like it looks on the surface. I do not believe that we should support another country based on "Christian" or not as it seems to violate everything we are when it comes to separation of church and state.

I get tired of hearing about Israel and the others in the Middle East. They refuse to be peaceful, so if they want to pick a fight.......... I do not believe that God wants people to injure and kill people over a piece of land. That just never sat right with me.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:46 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I do believe its a Christian thing.
A lot of Christian Zionists despise Palestinian Christians and call them dhimmis. I don't think religion is as big of a factor as most people think it is. A significant number of the most fanatic terrorists in the early years of Israel were Palestinian Christians. Sirhan Sirhan is a infamous Palestinian Christian. As much as some Christian Zionists want Palestinian Christians to turn against Palestinian Muslims and side with Israelis, they severely underestimate how much ethnic nationalism is a much stronger force than religion.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:59 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I seem to have missed where anybody called for unconditional support. Can you provide a quote?

I think we should cut off all aid for Israel and let them do whatever they want with their land. They don't need our support, our money or our approval.

If I were them, I'd tell the UN to pound rocks and fully seize the West Bank and Gaza.
Best response ever.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:03 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Israel is a tiny nation surrounded by enemies. Unlike its neighbors, Israel reflects a democracy and values closer to the US. Islam is the antithesis of what we traditionally stood for.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:07 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

They should. A tiny nation should do what they have to do to protect their sovereignty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies