Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 11:50 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
20 years ago? What was he doing between 1996 and 2005 when he was elected to the US Senate?
What are you calling "community organizing?" Obama only worked as a community organizer in the 80s.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:51 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Drexel professor draws ire after posting 'White Genocide' tweet on Christmas | Fox News

Old 12-26-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
What do you think the role of Community Organizer and Education Reformer is if not to help the community, educate its members, and therefore reduce crime?
Voter mobilization? Like the job duties and responsibilities lists?

Old 12-26-2016, 12:04 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Voter mobilization?
Nope. People who do that are campaign workers/volunteers.

What Does a Community Organizer Do? - Social Work Degree Guide

Old 12-26-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Nope. People who do that are campaign workers/volunteers.

What Does a Community Organizer Do? - Social Work Degree Guide
Lol... What? A. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that this link backs up your argument. Using your logic, campaign bundlers and lobbyists are also "community organizers....."

B. Obama described the work he did as a community organizer, and it wasn't to eliminate gangs. There are people who go into that field, and their orgs state that is their goal. That was not the field that Obama went into and it wasn't the goal of the organization he worked for.
C. It's absurd that your definition of job success, for a job where it wasn't an objective, is 0 crime 20 years after you worked there. That alone tells me that this isn't a serious discussion and we're just doing this as a thought exercise.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:46 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,398 times
Bush's fault...or not enough funding...or racism...or the NRA...or video games...or the Russians...
Look anywhere but inward for the etiology of what ails these areas.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:49 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Anyone who hasn't figured out ghettos are state-sponsored, systemic genocide is effing stupid. Why a black would ever vote for a progressive is beyond comprehension.

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 12-26-2016 at 01:47 PM..

Old 12-26-2016, 01:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default A semi-charming little rant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I think tax cuts are excellent. Many of the cities with high violent crime rates taxed the middle-class out of their properties.

There needs to be more Trumps, Millionaires, Billionaires having children and less that are on welfare having children.

Go to any poor neighborhood and it is amazing how many children that the Democratic welfare people have. Many inner-city men in poverty neighborhoods have baby after baby by different women. It is like a contest to see how many children they can have.

Many of women who started having babies at an early age, like to punish their children so that the child protective services can take them into state custody and the women can get new felon boyfriends and have more babies. It is a huge game with them, the more tax cuts the better and if Trump wants them to to go to the rich so be it.

If the Republicans cut taxes and give it to Goldman Sachs executives who spend more on a dinner then I make in a year then it is better then another penny going to these welfare families that have baby after baby that are trying to make every area like South and West Chicago.

The massive spending spree on poor families since Lyndon Johnson to have more children is the reason behind the sky-high violent crime rates. Before Lyndon Johnson and other Democrats welfare spending sprees, the country had far less social problems. Tens of millions have gotten pregnant over the years because they know that the liberals will give them what ever they want.

The Democrats remind me of "I dream of Jennie". The welfare families who have baby after baby make a wish and it is basically the Democrats command.

The Democratic cities are so polarized that they mainly just a few token millionaire neighborhoods and then lots of poverty and welfare.

Most Republican cities have robust middle-class and working-classes. San Diego which is the only major coastal city on the west with a good sized and robust middle-class has a Republican mayor.

At the city level, trickle down certainly does work. The rich pay lots of property tax and keep the property tax low for others and also benefit city coffers with the sales tax revenue they provide.

I give it a 2.7 on a 10 point scale.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:17 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Anyone who hasn't figured out ghettos are state-sponsored, systemic genoicide is effing stupid. Why a black would ever vote for a progressive is beyond comprehension.
Good points.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:45 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I certainly will be. Remember I voted for Obama. That doesn't stop me from being blind to his failures.
You voted for Obama, the community organizer! Tough to beleive from your posts.
I will remember your point next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies