Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 01:55 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,428,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You voted for Obama, the community organizer! Tough to beleive from your posts.
I will remember your point next year.
What you believe about me is irrelevant. But then again, I do take note that I'm often attacked by those who don't like my message, but have no response based on either logic or fact.

If my OP is patently wrong, then it should be easy enough to give logical argument against it. Obama likes to take credit for the state of America. I only point out the state of the very part of America were he is from, where his political friends control, where he used to be the representative, and where he used to community agitate.

The results speak for themselves.

(oh and I do believe that Obama plans to have his Presidential Library there too)

Old 12-26-2016, 03:03 PM

435 posts, read 427,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What does Obama have to do with it? Are libs seriously asking this question?

This type of stuff happens for a lot of reasons, this is just one of the many reasons:

These people have nothing to do. They have no jobs, so why not sell drugs, it's easier than getting yourself together before each interview only to be rejected because you, as an American, cost too much. It's easier to hire illegals.

Chicago's Emanuel wants city to house 1,000 more young illegal immigrants, report says | Fox News

Illegal immigrants down, but not in Illinois - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Report: Illegal immigrant population in Illinois tops 500,000 - Illinois Review

Why didn't Obama cut funding to sanctuary cities? You all saying, "just watch", yeah Trump isn't messing around when it comes to illegal immigration. Obama deported, but did NOTHING about sanctuary cities. Stop giving them money. Watch how fast they stop being sanctuary cities. But as long as there's money flowing, cities don't give a damn about anyone except how many illegals they can get in. Rest assured, every illegal is somehow making someone in government somewhere a lot of money. It's not because they care, they don't even care about their own people in that city. Those illegal immigrants take away jobs from people in Chicago.

Gang warfare is not just because people don't have jobs, but if you give people the ability to do better, they tend to want to do better. When you keep kicking them down and showing that you really don't give a crap about them one way or another, they're going to do it their way: Sell drugs, make money, kill anyone who tries to get in the way of that.

Toss out those illegals, bring back jobs, give people actual hope and change, not just empty words, and watch that crime rate go down.

It will never be fully eliminated, some people are just lazy, evil, or too stupid to do anything but do drugs and pull triggers, but most people don't want a crappy life.
Living in the Chicago region, I honestly believe there is much truth to the bolded above. Illegals in Chicago benefit the rich and create unfair competition for the poor. This leaves the poor on social aid with little to do. Idle time makes the devil's work.

Seems like the Democrats who own Chicago just allow the system to continue. Either they don't see how supporting the illegals really hurt the poor (mostly African American) people of the city or they do and they just don't care.

I was sad to hear that Obama just bought a fancy house in CA. I was hoping he would come back to Chicago and use some of his political juice to actually do something about the increase in crime and to focus on jobs for the inner city. Then again, he has made some unfriendly statements regarding the police and has jumped to conclusions incorrectly so maybe it is for the better if he stays away....

Old 12-26-2016, 03:03 PM

56,936 posts, read 25,873,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What you believe about me is irrelevant. But then again, I do take note that I'm often attacked by those who don't like my message, but have no response based on either logic or fact.

If my OP is patently wrong, then it should be easy enough to give logical argument against it. Obama likes to take credit for the state of America. I only point out the state of the very part of America were he is from, where his political friends control, where he used to be the representative, and where he used to community agitate.

The results speak for themselves.

(oh and I do believe that Obama plans to have his Presidential Library there too)
This thread is not logical and is symptomatic of the complete hatred of Obama blaming him for everything from late mail to low fuel prices. Maybe you could point out where he had any direct control over crime in Chicago or any other city. If you want to blame him then let's here some specific agenda that he could have put in place, maybe more guns would have solved the problem?

Old 12-26-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
This thread is not logical and is symptomatic of the complete hatred of Obama blaming him for everything from late mail to low fuel prices. Maybe you could point out where he had any direct control over crime in Chicago or any other city. If you want to blame him then let's here some specific agenda that he could have put in place, maybe more guns would have solved the problem?
I think others have pointed it out here. Basically Obama on certain occasions has essentially expressed more concern for the criminals than for the police. Hands up Don't Shoot - was a lie.

Frankly if I was a cop, I'd be less likely to stick my neck out there, stop suspicious activity and such in today's political environment. God forbid you stop a POC and he/she pulls a gun on you and you shoot him b/c you fear for your life. Pretty much seems like at that point your career could be over, the MSM and potentially the President will pass judgment on you and you may have to leave your home/city you love for fear of retribution even if you are found not guilty.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:30 PM

56,936 posts, read 25,873,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr789 View Post
I think others have pointed it out here. Basically Obama on certain occasions has essentially expressed more concern for the criminals than for the police. Hands up Don't Shoot - was a lie.

Frankly if I was a cop, I'd be less likely to stick my neck out there, stop suspicious activity and such in today's political environment. God forbid you stop a POC and he/she pulls a gun on you and you shoot him b/c you fear for your life. Pretty much seems like at that point your career could be over, the MSM and potentially the President will pass judgment on you and you may have to leave your home/city you love for fear of retribution even if you are found not guilty.
There are two sides to that story, we have a problem with police killing blacks and we also have a problem with people killing police officers, we are and continue to be a violent society. Obama brought the killing of blacks to the front page, I don't think he was anti-police.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:33 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,392,174 times
Treat gangs like the terrorists they are, and get serious about their demise.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:40 PM

19,741 posts, read 11,985,753 times
Quote:
There are two sides to that story, we have a problem with police killing blacks and we also have a problem with people killing police officers, we are and continue to be a violent society. Obama brought the killing of blacks to the front page, I don't think he was anti-police.
Do you have an answer why homicides this YTD are 785, very possibly breaking 800 before year end, as opposed to 492 (2015), 432 (2014), 441 (2013).

Why the drastic increase?

Old 12-26-2016, 03:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,514,480 times
Local news reported that most of this weekend's victims were gang affiliated and had prior convictions.

Same newscast also reported that CPD had confiscated more than 8000 guns this year within the city limits, again, most from those from people with gang affiliations.

Used to be that CPD could broker some semblance of peace between gangs. That is no longer the case because gangs have splintered into thousands of factions with no central leadership.

Despite shooters/ victims to be affiliated with gangs, many of these shoots have all to do with someone looking at another or disrespecting another on social media. It's considered bad form to " let it go".

There is no fixing hood rat.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Local news reported that most of this weekend's victims were gang affiliated and had prior convictions.

Same newscast also reported that CPD had confiscated more than 8000 guns this year within the city limits, again, most from those from people with gang affiliations.

Used to be that CPD could broker some semblance of peace between gangs. That is no longer the case because gangs have splintered into thousands of factions with no central leadership.

Despite shooters/ victims to be affiliated with gangs, many of these shoots have all to do with someone looking at another or disrespecting another on social media. It's considered bad form to " let it go".

There is no fixing hood rat.
The above doesn't explain the sharp increase in the last year. In 2015 gangs where similarly structured and they were using social media. I get what you are saying if you compare the gangs of the 1970's to today but I don't think this change can account for the crazy increase in shootings this year.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:11 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,428,474 times
Quote:
Accusing me of hate and agenda, only speaks to your lack of argument against what was stated based on logic or fact. Try re-reading what you were responding to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies