Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 01:41 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq7WZTzkLQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 01:53 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'd like Republicans to tell me exactly when did Donald Trump become a judicial originalist?
I want to know what is conservative about Trump. Five kids by three different women. Filed bankruptcy multiple times. Didn't pay contractors. Gives a rat's behind about religion...so much more.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
I want to know what is conservative about Trump. Five kids by three different women. Filed bankruptcy multiple times. Didn't pay contractors. Gives a rat's behind about religion...so much more.
I personally don't care what you want to know, all I hear around here are left wingers claiming that Trump isn't conservative enough. I voted for him to be Trump, not a conservative. Trump has never claimed to be some right wing conservative, he's a businessman looking to succeed. Hell just a couple years ago he was openly a democrat.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well evidently not, I learned this year that sitting presidents can't get an appointment through if it's their last year in office.
What are you talking about?

Obama & Harry Reid lost the Senate to the GOP. This is the single reason he can't get anything done now.

Elections certainly do have consequences.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:03 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Is that so? Why didn't you Republicans do all of these things the LAST time you had the presidency and both houses of Congress? You Republicans "had in mind all this time" all the same things you had in mind the last time.

Result? Nothing. Repubs: long on mouth, short on results.

Meh...you guys have won all of these legislatures and governorships all across the country and the country is basically no different than it was before you won those seats. Hell, i live in a Republican state, and i haven't seen anything different since our last Democrat governor and congressman had their seats.

Republicans talk big in the run-up to elections, then they get the victories and do nothing but suck-up to the top 3% to 5% of the country...a group that you're nowhere close to belonging to in a million years. Neither do the rest of the right wingers on CD.

This new Republican regime coming in January will be no different. They'll be tax cutting for the wealthiest, figuring out ways to help corporations to get even richer, encouraging offshoring, doing absolutely NOTHING about illegal immigration, and looking for fires all over the world for our military to put out. And you'll be supporting all of it too.

That Muslim registry? That won't be happening either...but you knew that already.
Then I guess people like you have nothing to ***** about, oh wait you guys never shut up.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:13 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
While better than the alternative, don't expect us (as far as courts of appeals go) to radically change things right away. Conservatives only currently have the 5th, 6th, and 7th circuits to rely on. The vacancies won't get us majorities on the 9th, 8th, 4th, or 11th circuits. However, with expected retirements and appointments, we can (believe it or not) get majorities on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd circuits. And getting the 2nd circuit, which covers NY, would be just as important as getting the 9th circuit, which covers CA, among other states. And Democrats have no one to thank for this possibility but themselves when they killed the filibuster for all judicial nominees but the Supreme Court. Gun control in NY as it has been known are on its last legs!

Old 12-26-2016, 03:10 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What are you talking about?

Obama & Harry Reid lost the Senate to the GOP. This is the single reason he can't get anything done now.

Elections certainly do have consequences.
Court and cabinet appointments are supposed to proceed, the GOP is the reason their is such a backlog. Republican or democratic senate doesn't matter but the last 8 years have been different even when the GOP was a minority party. Did you not notice the title of this thread?

Old 12-26-2016, 03:13 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Music to my ears.

Shape this country based upon the values of the founding fathers, not based on homosexuality, abortion, etc.

This is a huge win for America.

Those that don't think so can thank us later.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:50 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Yes, indeedy. Apparently this is the only strategy that works. Obstruct the sitting President at every turn. Now that's what we call "patriotism."

Will it also be patriotic when the Dems do the same to Trump? Or, will the narrative be changed to "working against the best interests of the country?

Amazing the hypocrisy.
The RINO'S gave Obama everything he ever wanted including ten trillion dollars in new debt!

How many bills from the Republicans did the Obstructionist Harry Reid table?

How many times did Obama circumvent congress?

Try again!

Old 12-26-2016, 03:57 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Good strategy, wasn't it? The world did not end for the want of a few dozen judicial appointments. Now, there is the potential for a conservative judicial swing. All good.

Dems wanted scorched earth war, they got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Court and cabinet appointments are supposed to proceed, the GOP is the reason their is such a backlog. Republican or democratic senate doesn't matter but the last 8 years have been different even when the GOP was a minority party. Did you not notice the title of this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies