Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 10:56 PM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times

Advertisements

Stephen King ‏@StephenKing
One remarkable difference between Obama and Trump: the latter seems to have absolutely no sense of humor. The clearest sign of a dull mind.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
One remarkable difference between Obama and Trump: the latter seems to have absolutely no sense of humor. The clearest sign of a dull mind.
Very true---and probably something the GOP holds against Obama since they all seem to be as serious as death...

Someone on one of the political shows commenting about the Al Smith Roast in NYC after that last debate said that Trump has rarely been seen to laugh in public and that it would probably be torture for him to be at the roast--

Personally I think narcissists rarely have a true sense of humor because that requires the ability to see your own foibles and narcissists NEVER admit they have flaws of any kind...

Old 12-28-2016, 02:56 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So this guy is about to be your President and the best he can do for a Xmas message and photo is an arrogant pose in front of a Xmas tree by himself, with a "tiny" raised fist? What about his beloved "kids" and family that he goes on ad nauseum about?

What a no/low class move, but this is what you get when anger trumps common sense, and what is best for us and the free world. Can't wait for the New Year's photo with him and Putey!
What does this have to do with policy? It's always about policy. Oh that's right, the progressives don't know squat about successful policy.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:58 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
I've seen Trump laugh plenty of times. Not that the truth matters to you.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I've seen Trump laugh plenty of times. Not that the truth matters to you.
Please post links to a few of these videos.

I've seen a forced smile from the man, but never a guffaw or a laugh.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Very true---and probably something the GOP holds against Obama since they all seem to be as serious as death...
You're right. Rarely see any humor from RW folks. "Just joking" or "that's sarcasm" following a mean-spirited comment is about the most I've seen.

Folks waving a Confederate flag, commemorating a war lost over 150 years, and yelling , "You lost get over it," is funny. I don't care what your political views are, that is flat funny. Irony at its finest.

(https://twitter.com/SonofBaldwin/sta...69730620198912 for those who Googled and couldn't find it.)

What was the response? -- Well I saw a sign about death to police and whites and snowflakes holding signs about assassinating Trump.

WTH? What's funny about that? Signs like that are terrible.

Odd that Trump folks would bring up assassinations, given that Trump openly called for assassination to keep Clinton from appointing judges and accused Cruz's dad of being an assassin. Plus, there are all those conservative conspiracy theories about how Clinton has people assassinated.

None of which is funny.

I rarely see humor from the conservative side of the aisle. The one conservative comic strip I've seen, Millard Fillmore, is just mean-spirited social commentary. Rarely is there any humor involved.

Even conservative's attempts at smiling seem awkward and forced. Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter This was from a campaign ad no less, so one assumes it is the best he could do after multiple takes.

Ha-ha-ha-we-won-you-lost is grim not funny.

Though I do have to admit, Trump tweeting out Christmas greetings giving everybody a little FU fist does get me chuckling. Who in their right mind sends out FU greetings at Christmas?

So why so little humor from the right end of the political spectrum?

Old 12-28-2016, 09:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Believe it or not. It's all the same to me. The photo is roaming around FB.

I thought it was damn funny to see folks with a Confederate flag and a sign, "You lost. Get over it."
Well, I am not from the south and I have no connection to that part of the US, possibly there is more to how they're feeling than I know. The CF is history to these people, connecting them to the war that many of their family members died in while trying to free the ancestors of people who hate them.

Quote:
I'm not sure what this has to do with the signs you've seen. Perhaps we could compare hateful signs.

Or we could compare which candidate openly called for the assassination of the other. As far as I'm aware, Trump is the only one who did that.
Trump told gun supporters, they could take care of Hillary, actual quote;Although the second amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know. But I’ll tell you what, that will be a horrible day.”

Don't be ill-informed it was by not VOTING for her, the bad day he was speaking about was Nov 8th and you people still can't get past your HUGE loss.

When you people start making things up you start looking insecure in what you have to say, which, tends to turn into lying!

Quote:
Though RW folks did get their knickers in a knot over Clinton calling them a basket of deplorables. Pretty rough stuff, if you ask me.
She was running for President of ALL people is this actually the correct stand to take and then get mad when we didn't vote her in. You people have a strange way of looking at the American people.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:21 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,085,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So this guy is about to be your President and the best he can do for a Xmas message and photo is an arrogant pose in front of a Xmas tree by himself, with a "tiny" raised fist? What about his beloved "kids" and family that he goes on ad nauseum about?

What a no/low class move, but this is what you get when anger trumps common sense, and what is best for us and the free world. Can't wait for the New Year's photo with him and Putey!
Donald Trump is living proof that money does not buy class. He would be working a hotdog stand in Lower Manhattan right now if he was not Fred Trump's son. He has no manners, no class, no brains, and no self respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.