Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,537 posts, read 16,518,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Obama's Presidency actually made little impact on the country and the world (though I would argue mostly bad) and he leaves a completely devastated party that controlled everything when he went in and nothing when he left.
And yet, Most of that was True 6 years ago.

Somehow Democrats who have been out of power for 6 years were blamed for this, LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 12:12 AM

8,874 posts, read 5,361,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Obama's Presidency actually made little impact on the country and the world (though I would argue mostly bad) and he leaves a completely devastated party that controlled everything when he went in and nothing when he left.
Well according to some posters here this is something to brag about.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What do i care if we lost an election?
You actually lost more than one election in the past 8 years.

But hey, BO did well for himself, so it's all OK with you.

Hope all Democrats have your outlook.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

And before the Trump supporters get too loud and proud, realize that Clinton is the only democrat who could have lost to Trump, and Trump's popularity was in large part a big middle finger to the establishment Republican party.

I don't think the nitwits at the DNC had any idea just how unpopular Clinton was, even with people like me who are registered dems. You can't **** off half your party and expect to win an election.
So what possessed the DNC to nominate her?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:25 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Nah...his legacy is him curbstomping two Republican opponents in two elections and pretty much owning the Republican Party over his eight year term despite their hatred of him. And their hatred wasn't political...it was personal.

Obama should have child protective services called on him the way he's abused the Repubs over the last eight years. He punked them so bad that they've abandoned conservatism and started nominating RINOs for the presidency....

I mean, who would've ever thought that Republicans would put a guy in the White House that was a Liberal Democrat just two hours ago. Obama did that to them.

Be sure to chime in when that "liberal Democrat" announces his first Supreme Court nominee.

While we're on the subject, Ginsberg getting any younger?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...-justice-picks

Old 12-27-2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
My roll won't be slowed. And this country isn't gonna fundamentally change one bit. Republicans aren't gonna do anything more with all this control than they did the last time they had all this control. And they didn't do squat the last time....but you knew that already.

So why should i sweat a Trump victory? Fact is, You're probably a Trump voter and yet, you know even less about his political philosophy than i do...and i don't know anything about the guy or what he stands for. Doesn't say much for you.

Refute that statement if you can. Tell me, what is Trump's political philosophy? Is he a Liberal? Is he a Conservative? Is he a Moderate to the left or to the right guy? You don't know and can't answer. Yet, you voted for him.

To win the White House, you had to elect a RINO....so don't talk to me about bragging. I'm not the one crying like a baby about how RINOS are destroying my party, then turned around and nominated one because nominating an actual Conservative (the thing you Repubs claimed your party was reserved for) was a losing strategy.

So yes...Obama did quite well. For himself? Sure. Since when has that been a bad thing, or is doing well for yourself now AGAINST Republican philosophy since you guys have changed your minds on so many other things.
Don't really see what any of this has to do with the devastation BO has brought to the Democratic party.

Or is this something you don't care much about?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:29 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,104,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your argument is that the people didnt like Clinton when clearly more of them liked her than Trump.

Also, please stop talking about "polls said", I have posted about this before, but I will again. Bernie and Hillary both had the same lead over Trump at their heights.

There is no way to know that he would have won, in fact, i think a Bernie candidacy would have bread a 4 way race(maybe even a 5 way race).
Not necessarily. I voted for Clinton ONLY because the idea of a Trump presidency was frightening to me. If the Republicans had put up Rubio, Kasich, ( anybody but Cruz or Trump) I would have voted republican at the top of the ticket. Clinton was republican 2.0 anyway. Big money, big player, insider.

I know a few dems that voted third party as a protest vote.

Trump got a lot of votes from people that hadn't voted in years. The polls were jacked up because of how they like to define " likely voters". I think even Trump was surprised that he "won". I'm glad he upset the establishment apple cart, but Bernie would have been better for America in my opinion.

It will be interesting.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:43 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
What do i care if we lost an election? My roll won't be slowed. And this country isn't gonna fundamentally change one bit. Republicans aren't gonna do anything more with all this control than they did the last time they had all this control. And they didn't do squat the last time....but you knew that already.

So why should i sweat a Trump victory? Fact is, You're probably a Trump voter and yet, you know even less about his political philosophy than i do...and i don't know anything about the guy or what he stands for. Doesn't say much for you.

Refute that statement if you can. Tell me, what is Trump's political philosophy? Is he a Liberal? Is he a Conservative? Is he a Moderate to the left or to the right guy? You don't know and can't answer. Yet, you voted for him.

To win the White House, you had to elect a RINO....so don't talk to me about bragging. I'm not the one crying like a baby about how RINOS are destroying my party, then turned around and nominated one because nominating an actual Conservative (the thing you Repubs claimed your party was reserved for) was a losing strategy.

So yes...Obama did quite well. For himself? Sure. Since when has that been a bad thing, or is doing well for yourself now AGAINST Republican philosophy since you guys have changed your minds on so many other things.

Yes, that's why Boehner got ****-canned and Jeb, for all his money, couldn't find double-digit support.

This is a movement of the people.

You should be asking what their political philosophy is.

It is their political philosophy that has proven incompatible with both Democrats and the corporate ***** wing of the Republican Party and brought about their defeat.

Of course you already know what their political philosophy is because you have been railing against it on this forum since 2009.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,537 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Not necessarily. I voted for Clinton ONLY because the idea of a Trump presidency was frightening to me. If the Republicans had put up Rubio, Kasich, ( anybody but Cruz or Trump) I would have voted republican at the top of the ticket. Clinton was republican 2.0 anyway. Big money, big player, insider.

I know a few dems that voted third party as a protest vote.

Trump got a lot of votes from people that hadn't voted in years. The polls were jacked up because of how they like to define " likely voters". I think even Trump was surprised that he "won". I'm glad he upset the establishment apple cart, but Bernie would have been better for America in my opinion.

It will be interesting.
What exactly about Rubio of Kasich would have made you vote for either, name the policy they supported that would have turned the tied for you ????

And again, the polls said she would win the popular vote, they were right, where the polls were wrong were in those 3 states I listed previously. Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:42 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,239,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well according to some posters here this is something to brag about.
I do appreciate that he didn't get us further involved in wars and he did adopt a non confrontational policy that worked politically but I think forced the election of Trump to assert America's positions and to avoid getting run over on deals and agreements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies