Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 02:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Don't really see what any of this has to do with the devastation BO has brought to the Democratic party.

Or is this something you don't care much about?
Parties lose elections from time to time. What do you want me to do? Commit suicide? Did you kill yourself the last time your party lost an election?

My fortunes don't rise or fall based on the occupant of the White House. So Trump won. Big deal. I'll still sleep quite well at night.

LMAO...this guy is unhappy because i'm not having a nervous breakdown over an election loss. Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
You actually lost more than one election in the past 8 years.

But hey, BO did well for himself, so it's all OK with you.

Hope all Democrats have your outlook.
No, actually i didn't. I only have control of the people that i personally voted for. The people i voted for pretty much all won in the last eight years.

And yeah..it's all OK with me. Why does that bother you? I'm not sulking an sniveling enough for your taste? LOL

Old 12-27-2016, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes, that's why Boehner got ****-canned and Jeb, for all his money, couldn't find double-digit support.

This is a movement of the people.

You should be asking what their political philosophy is.

It is their political philosophy that has proven incompatible with both Democrats and the corporate ***** wing of the Republican Party and brought about their defeat.

Of course you already know what their political philosophy is because you have been railing against it on this forum since 2009.
Excuse me, but when in the hell did you become anti corporate? In November of this year? LMAO...that's funny.

BTW...what is Trump's political philosophy?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Yet most Dems are so delusional, they still don't realize how much O screwed them.

I'm in far better shape now than I was in 2008. If I still smoked I'd be lying in bed enjoying an after screwin' cigarette.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Be sure to chime in when that "liberal Democrat" announces his first Supreme Court nominee.

While we're on the subject, Ginsberg getting any younger?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...-justice-picks
What guarantee do you have that he's gonna nominate a "true originalist?" What is Trump's stance on SCOTUS nominees?

You don't know, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I do appreciate that he didn't get us further involved in wars and he did adopt a non confrontational policy that worked politically but I think forced the election of Trump to assert America's positions and to avoid getting run over on deals and agreements.
Problem is, Trump's voters like the wars and they WANT a confrontational policy.

Trump has already promised that we're gonna defeat ISIS (major load of bull) and has said that "we don't win anymore."

Sounds like more wars to me.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Now that caricature is their president elect. Think about it. Obama traumatized them.
LOL Are you kidding?

Tell this to the ~1100 Democrats who are no longer in elected position having lost their seats to Republicans.

You can start here in North Carolina with former Senator Kay Hagen. In 2014 Democrats spent close to $100M this state alone to protect that seat. It's now held by a Republican.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What do i care if we lost an election? ...
You are posting in a topic about it with multiple posts. You do care.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Eric Cantor is the only party leader who got kicked out though. Boehner could have held on to his seat till he died, but he actually admitted he didnt like the direction of the party itself, so he left.

Also, how is trump not a RINO ????
RINO? Reaganism is finally dead. Trump sent it to the bottom of the ocean.

Boehner gave up his seat because they were getting ready to remove him as Speaker for siding with Obama too many times. Cantor was voted out for much of the same. They sided too much with the globalists, lobbiests, supported wars of choice, illegal amnesty, etc etc. They were the establishment.

It's fascinating that many (most) didn't see this as a warning shot. Trump was one of those who did and used it to defeat the entire GOP establishment, the MSM, and finally Hillary Clinton.

This whole RINO vs Conservative vs Liberal vs what it means to be a Democrat or Republican, is now just nonsense. Trump has turned it on its head and like I predicted about the election, his approach will be nothing like what we have seen since Reagan too office.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:56 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Obama's legacy.......

A turned around economy, from the greatest economic collapse since the Depression.

Winning two terms over a Republican opposition who's hatred was personal

A budget surplus, despite a costly stimulus bailout of the economy

Say what you want about Obamacare, until them coal miners in West Virginia, who voted for Trump, lose their health benefits after it's repeal.....!

Not one damn scandal from either Him, his family, or his administration!

Thoughtful wisdom instead of angry, ignorant politics!

African-American unemployment at 8.6%. One can make an argument on the quality of jobs, but I've never seen it, with any President, under 10! (shoot, it was more like 15!) And in general, it's at 5%. It was around 10, at the end of 2008!

He'll be appreciated, down the road, like Truman! (actually, he going out with a very high popularity, with the uncertainty over the next prez!)

Old 12-27-2016, 04:19 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No. Obama had nothing to do with that. The RINOs who claimed to be Republicans are the ones who did that by their own action or inaction. I realize that for liberals it's difficult to comprehend holding people in your own party accountable and not blame it on anything else, but we do. And that's why you have President Trump right now - because we got sick of the liars.

Before you come back with "b-but Trump is a liar", keep in mind how many in the Republican establishment fought him tooth and nail. There was a reason that we wanted him.
This x1000

Pretty obvious who didn't want Trump. The establishment figures in both parties, but specifically the republican estab puppets, the media by large, and hollywood. I enjoyed watching him take down the 17 other candidates, specifically Jeb Bush, Carly Fiorina, Scott Walker, John Kasich, and lastly Hillary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies