Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 10:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Well this isn't social media's fault. These days, kids in America are self entitled spoiled brats that tell their parents what to do instead of the other way around. They start drama and arn't that bright. If I had my way, they wouldn't be able to have a social media acct until 18.
Social media is nothing more than the collective expressions of those who use it to communicate.

That someone posts something on social media does not make it true or false.

Many are addicted to creating and sustaining drama and they are not all teens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 10:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Fights broke out at multiple malls throughout the country in at least 14 states, including but not limited to AZ, CT, Ohio, Texas, NJ, NY, Colorado, TN and NC. Some states experienced outbreaks at multiple malls within single states.

A shout of "gun" caused a stampede of thousands at one mall. People poured out of food courts, leaving half eaten meals. Many of these malls closed early.

Seems most were precipitated by announcements of intended fights between teens on social media. This seems to have compelled thousands of teens to turn out to watch. Some malls experienced simultaneous fights at different locations throughout the mall.

The power of Social Media ...........

Glad I avoided the malls yesterday along with most other days.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:12 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It is under his watch this has been happening the last 3 yrs. Should we just ignore it, while your President spent 7 yrs blaming bush for everything?

When did President Obama feel sorry or say something encouraging to those with burnt down businesses?
I have never heard of a president being held accountable and responsible for every little thing that goes on in every city, including mall fights around Christmas, until President Obama.

Lol, why even have mayors, city officials and a city council, it's all Obama's responsibility!

Old 12-27-2016, 10:13 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You must not go to Lennox Mall.

WATCH: Huge fight breaks out at Lenox Square Mall | WAGA

Christmas Eve.
I don't. I didn't know about that one. I go mainly to Town Center Mall, Cumberland Mall, and I've been to Perimeter Mall and Arbor Place Mall. Never saw fights there.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:14 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It is under his watch this has been happening the last 3 yrs. Should we just ignore it, while your President spent 7 yrs blaming bush for everything?

When did President Obama feel sorry or say something encouraging to those with burnt down businesses?

Are you this out of touch to think only people in TN should speak up! Damn what does it take to think outside of your own house or state!
What?

I don't live in TN.

There aren't enough Hillary/Obama supporters in TN to start a melee at the mall.

So who did it? And why are you blaming Hillary?

Old 12-27-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I love it when they say "fights" break out. Why don't fights break out at the local flea market or train station? Hint: there is nothing of value to loot. Funny thing is nobody reports on that. Dishonest media!
My theory is that most flea markets and train stations do not have adjoining movie theatres that tend to attract masses of teens during Winter Break.

I have yet to come across any media reports of massive looting as the objective or outcome of the so called nationwide mayhem.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I have never heard of a president being held accountable and responsible for every little thing that goes on in every city, including mall fights around Christmas, until President Obama.

Lol, why even have mayors, city officials and a city council, it's all Obama's responsibility!
No shortage of people who blamed Obama for the terrorist attack at the Christmas Market in Germany.

Thank gawd Trump was elected and he will restore peace in the world.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:20 AM

19,622 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Its a societal problem, many formerly nice places are turning into slums, because society is declining. It has been happening since the sixties in some places but it is really spreading to the point of being almost inescapable. It isn't just crime, but general apathy.

I went to a little mall specialty store that I used to shop at for Christmas. This year my item was tossed in back in a messy bin and packed poorly, the store looked kind of sad and not really cared for. In another store, a family was arguing loudly and the man smelled bad. I worked at that mall years ago and it was all class, nice little stores and well dressed people. The area it is in is economically thriving, but the quality of people working and shopping there seems to be declining.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:21 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:

Truth is, if some Black kids behave badly, the President will be thrown blame. Why? Because there are those who don't like President Obama and have some resentment towards Blacks as well.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Yeah, look at all those black thu...oh.
Maybe someone should send this to the Gateway Pundit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies